Photo

Tired Of Wondows Xp Activation Everytime...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:26 AM

For piracy purposes, windows xp requires you do an activation if you reinstall windows xp. Why? A certain folder gets erased that contains your activation information. So what you do is you save it to like a floppy, or what ever means you have.

Go into my computer-windows folder-system 32 folder.

Look for a file named "wpa.dbl". This is your activation file. Copy file, then go to device you want to save it on (like floppy A:, or Drive A:). Open, then click edit and paste it.

When you have to do a complete reinstall from this point forward, you don't have to call Microsoft. Once you get past the activation page and load windows under the 30 day trial period deal. You go back into the windows folder, go to system 32 folder. And paste that file in there. And select yes to over write existing file. Then restart windows, and your xp is now activated.

Now I know some of you have some wheels turning in your heads figuring this will allow you to install xp to other computers. Sorry. That file contains information that matches your computer only, and is not editable to the point you could make it match another computers hardware. Because it matches the info in it to installed hardware on your computer only. So if you put it in another computer. It will not work. Only for your pc.

So save it and put in a good place.

I put this here because I don't like feeling like a crook every-time I call them for activation that is usually caused by their product conflicting with something. Or power outages that can mess up a hard drive. Which we have around here alot. And I'm sure no one here likes that crook feeling you get when you call them also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users