skwayred

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Magrathea

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:30 PM

Have you heard of this stuff? Atheist laymen are now busy video-taping themselves cussing, swearing and blaspheming Jesus, God the Father and the Holy Spirit and feel good about their boldness (for doing so) later on. I think it's so tasteless and puerile but ridiculously funny. They really cracked me up these kids:

http://www.blasphemychallenge.com

Your thoughts?

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:46 PM

The reason they want people to blaspheme is because it is an unforgivable sin. But what they do not realize, is that it only applies to the Holy Ghost:

mk 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

lk 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

One unforgiven sin puts one in danger of hell fire.

But then there is another problem with what they are doing. This only applies to the saved.

mt 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Christ does not forgive a sinner's sin unless he or she is in the process of conversion. So if a sinner sins, and say: Forgive me Lord. To what end would God forgive when one is not saved they will not go to heaven?

So to deny the sinner the chance for salvation through a unforgiven sin before they even have a chance to make that decision (which is what they are trying to do there), would give sin more power than the shed blood of Christ. How? In order for all sinners to have a chance to be saved, "all" sin has to be forgiven. Even if they blaspheme while they are unsaved. This is how one becomes a new creature.

Besides, a sinner is already condemned to hell if he or she does not accept Christ. So is blaspheming going to send them to a hotter hell? Nope. So how can the condemned become more condemned? They can't. So the warning is to the already saved. To do this one sin, and you are in danger of Hell fire.

So all those who do these videos and believe they are locking themselves into a one way path to hell. And they are not saved. They are being sold a deception. One that they think will deny them salvation. And one day may even make them think this (not good enough for Christ because of what they did), and not accept Christ. And guess what? That would be their own fault for not wanting the truth about this. And therefore not searching this out for truth.

There is no sin that can stop the full conversion of a sinner to become saved. Because the blood of Christ has to forgive "all" sins for salvation to take place.

Example:
mk 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

Now why does it say: sons of men? If you are a son of man, you are not a child of God. sons of men is a reference to the unsaved. So all blaspheme is forgiven unto the unsaved. But once saved, one blaspheme is not forgiven.

Because as a sinner you are: sons of men (man be your father).
And as becoming saved you are: A child of God (God be your Father).

#3 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:45 AM

Have you heard of this stuff? Atheist laymen are now busy video-taping themselves cussing, swearing and blaspheming Jesus, God the Father and the Holy Spirit and feel good about their boldness (for doing so) later on. I think it's so tasteless and puerile but ridiculously funny. They really cracked me up these kids:

Your thoughts?

View Post

I've heard of this and honestly I think it's puerile too. There is no need to attack christians this way. There is no need to ridicule christians about thier beliefs.

Superstition, religion, and cults will only dissolve under scrutiny. Not by mocking people's heartfelt beliefs.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:58 AM

I've heard of this and honestly I think it's puerile too.  There is no need to attack christians this way.  There is no need to ridicule christians about thier beliefs.

Superstition, religion, and cults will only dissolve under scrutiny.  Not by mocking people's heartfelt beliefs.

View Post

But did you know this actually has to happen this way for God's word to become true?

There has to be a hate for Christians so bad that people want to kill them just for what they believe. That even in their home country they are not welcome. These people think they are waging war and are doing good for their cause against God. When they actually are bringing into the culture the exact hate needed for the end times to happen exactly the way the bible says it will.

Not as an insult to anyone, but this is why God's word says: They thought themselves wise and became fools.

They are blinded with so much hate, they cannot see the bigger picture because they are only interested in the here and now. So God looks down upon them and calls them a fool for not looking into what their actions are really doing.

Just so the non-believers understand this here. When ever God uses the word fool, He is not using it to slur someone. This is a reference to a person who knows the truth, or has been exposed to the truth. But prefers to reject it. In other words, they knew what would keep them out of hell, but they preferred to be thrown in it. That is a person God says is a fool. Why? The bigger reason is that when someone knows the truth and rejects it, there is no excuse. And God cannot have mercy on them. In other words, they leave themselves no defense what so ever on judgement day. And it is all their own doing. That is what God calls a fool.

#5 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

Your thoughts?

View Post

It never amazes me that some people think that ‘outrageousness’ is a substitute for reason.

IMO this is basically adolescent attention seeking behaviour, there is no substance, just noise. Ignore it.

#6 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

I've heard of this and honestly I think it's puerile too.  There is no need to attack christians this way.  There is no need to ridicule christians about thier beliefs.

Superstition, religion, and cults will only dissolve under scrutiny.  Not by mocking people's heartfelt beliefs.

View Post

And amazingly enough, Christianity has been around for over two thousand years. And it has survived all of the things you mention above… So I totally agree, anything without substance “will only dissolve under scrutiny”…

#7 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:29 AM

And amazingly enough, Christianity has been around for over two thousand years. And it has survived all of the things you mention above… So I totally agree, anything without substance “will only dissolve under scrutiny”…

View Post

Exactly! 2000 years it has undergone attack and still it stays standing. For it is not mere men, but the Holy Spirit who is the true author of the bible. I am sad that there is so much blaspemy against God. Not just on youtube, but throughout society in general. Sin being hailed and even celebrated as normal/natural and even "good". Were we not told:

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to you that call evil good, and good evil: that put darkness for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. .

The bible tells us:

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap" (Galatians 6:7)

"Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."
Then Peter answered and said to Him, "Explain this parable to us." So Jesus said, "Are you also still without understanding? "Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated?
"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. "These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man." - Matthew 15:14-20

For we know him that hath said: Vengeance belongeth to me, and I will repay. And again: The Lord shall judge his people. (Herbrews 10.30).

I think such people should be prayed for, and us Christians should make our complaints clear to youtube. I have already done this a few times already. Console our Lord who has shed His blood on account of our sins, including the very people who abuse Him openly and pray for mercy for people such as these. Remember our own sins and inadequacies and how merciful and patient He's been with us?

Remember His words on the cross.

Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. (Luke 23:34)

His capacity for love and mercy is beyond our comprehension. One can only hope such people will repent and be saved. Because the alternative is truly unthinkable.

#8 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6543 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:46 AM

Welcome, Bex!

That is a great word. We do not battle with flesh and blood. It is easy to get caught up in the eye poking. While we're correctly debunking a philosophy that is the antithesis to our Holy Creator's actions, we should remember who we're talking to... our lost brothers and sisters.

Thanks again, for the good word.

#9 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

Exactly!  2000 years it has undergone attack and still it stays standing.  For it is not mere men, but the Holy Spirit who is the true author of the bible.  I am sad that there is so much blaspemy against God.  Not just on youtube, but throughout society in general.  Sin being hailed and even celebrated as normal/natural and even "good".

View Post

I don't know which denomination you are Bex, but I'd wager that the church that you belong to has changed significantly from Paul's day.

Remember His words on the cross.

Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. (Luke 23:34)

His capacity for love and mercy is beyond our comprehension. One can only hope such people will repent and be saved. Because the alternative is truly unthinkable.

View Post

If Jesus did exist and He did say those words then isn't everyone forgiven? After all, Jesus is God so his Father would have to do what He said and forgive us wouldn't He?

#10 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:13 AM

I don't know which denomination you are Bex, but I'd wager that the church that you belong to has changed significantly from Paul's day.
If Jesus did exist and He did say those words then isn't everyone forgiven?  After all, Jesus is God so his Father would have to do what He said and forgive us wouldn't He?

View Post

Forgiveness only comes with repentance. Jesus makes this very clear in the Bible.

Yes, Jason you are correct, if you asked for forgiveness from your sins to Jesus Christ then yes you too would be forgiven.

So, if you do not ask, then how shall you recieve your forgiveness... certainly not by giving God the cold shoulder until the day you die when you finally get to meet Him in person when it is too late???

#11 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

If Jesus did exist and He did say those words then isn't everyone forgiven?  After all, Jesus is God so his Father would have to do what He said and forgive us wouldn't He?

View Post

Hi Jason,

I'd wager there are many who have tried to make changes and still try ;) We have them in our church too. Unfortunately for such people, this will never affect the unchanging word of God.

With Jesus the word became flesh. We know what we have to do to become saved, it's actually very simple, simple enough that a child can understand.

If everybody sincerely turned to God and repented of their sins and asked for forgiveness, they would receive it. God wishes to save everybody. The sacrifice and shedding of blood on the cross was not done for a "select few" but done for all sinners! Without exception. Even the worst of the worst. For all of us are guilty and come short of the glory of God.

But each person is worth more than gold in God's eyes and He awaits all of us to come to Him. Calling the lost sheep!

BEHOLD, I STAND AT THE DOOR AND KNOCK
. IF ANY- ONE HEARS MY VOICE AND OPENS THE DOOR, I WILL
COME IN TO HIM AND DINE WITH HIM, AND HE WITH ME.
( REVELATION 3:20 )

I WILL GIVE YOU A NEW HEART AND PUT MY
SPIRIT WITHIN YOU; I WILL TAKE THE HEART OF STONE
OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH.
( EZEKIEL 36:26

But He does not force a person to accept that offer. They must make that action by their own free will.

The invitation is there. God waits. Who will accept?

Don't let such an offer pass you by. He's a patient and merciful God, but each one of us is appointed once to live and once to die. Tommorrow is not certain for anybody and does not belong to any of us.

This is why it is said:

"I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6:2)."

"That if you confess with your mouth ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with the heart you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved (Romans 10:9,10)."

If anybody here reads this and wishes to receive God's forgiveness? Here is an example prayer you can pray if you're uncertain how to go about it:

Lord Jesus, I come to you as a sinner who needs a savior. I have committed sins and I repent of them now and ask you to forgive me. Wash me clean with your blood. Jesus you are the Son of God. You died on the cross for me, and you rose again. Come into my life now make me born again. Thank You God for making me a Christian!"

#12 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

Welcome, Bex!

That is a great word. We do not battle with flesh and blood. It is easy to get caught up in the eye poking. While we're correctly debunking a philosophy that is the antithesis to our Holy Creator's actions, we should remember who we're talking to... our lost brothers and sisters.

Thanks again, for the good word.

View Post

Thanks for the welcome Adam777! :)

Absolutely!

for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rules of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." ephesians 6:12

It's a challenge in debate to retain a Christian attitude/demeanor. I haven't mastered that yet! ;)

#13 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6543 posts
  • Christian

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

I haven't yet either but I take it seriously when another Christian sees it. In the heat of the moment, I am thankful for any brother or sister that holds a mirror up in front of my face to cool me down. :)

This is a big mission field and our words get scrutinized by a much broader audience then normal, which should cause all of us to pause before we type. ;)

#14 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:33 PM

View Post

You are correct in one aspect Jason, Denominationalism has changed greatly in over two thousand years. But, as was mentioned earlier, the Word hasn’t changed one iota in that time frame. So neither, therefore, has the message. Some have tried to change it, mainly liberal theological thinkers, but that same Word that hasn’t changed warned the followers of Christ about (and against) them.

The bottom line here is this: If you actually adhere to the words of Christ, you’ll see the train wreck coming long before it gets here. Anyway, the body of true believers hasn’t changed at all in over two thousand years (as long as they remain in the Word).

View Post

Jesus did (and does) exist, that is an irrefutable, historical fact: http://www.evolution...?showtopic=1957

And, as He said; All those who accept Him, and obey His words are forgiven… So, if you do just that, then He does have to forgive you, otherwise He’d be a liar.

#15 Loungehead

Loungehead

Troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

Your thoughts?

View Post

I don't see the big deal.

I watched a random sample of 10 or so videos, and I did not come across one that had any cussing or swearing. And the only blasphemy I came across was denial the existence of the Holy Spirit, God, and Jesus Christ. I'm not sure what else anyone would expect from an atheist, which by definition is a denier of those things.

Your assessment of the challenge seems to be very much hyperbole. I saw a range of people aged from adolescents to mature; discussing how long they have been an atheist, and stating their denial of the existence of the Holy Spirit, God, and Jesus Christ.

I just don't understand how denial or disbelief of these things can be considered "puerile". From the statements in this thread, I was expecting to see people saying (or shouting) profanities towards God and Jesus Christ. But public declarations of denial was all I saw.

Furthermore, if anyone in this forum thinks the public stating of a denial or atheism is puerile, why would this forum have "Atheist" as a category?

Just curious, has anyone in this thread actually watched any of the videos?

#16 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

Just curious, has anyone in this thread actually watched any of the videos?

View Post

*Puts foot in mouth*

#17 Javabean

Javabean

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Harrisburg

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

*Puts foot in mouth*

View Post

Hmmmm...I think Arch is trying to not say something :D

#18 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6543 posts
  • Christian

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

*Puts foot in mouth*

View Post

So you've accepted the challenge? It's sad to see what people think blaspheming the Holy Spirit is when they make those videos. I suppose some Christians would say that those people are blaspheming God to the point of no return but I don't think the people who do the blasphemy challenge have much more than an extremely shallow perspective of what the Bible speaks of when it comes to the unforgivable sin.

#19 Loungehead

Loungehead

Troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

So you've accepted the challenge? It's sad to see what people think blaspheming the Holy Spirit is when they make those videos. I suppose some Christians would say that those people are blaspheming God to the point of no return but I don't think the people who do the blasphemy challenge have much more than an extremely shallow perspective of what the Bible speaks of when it comes to the unforgivable sin.

View Post

I think the Blasphemy Challenge is more of a political statement than any form of spiritual challenge. Those who take the challenge, from what I can tell, are merely going on public record in their denial of Christian legends. It's a form of activism that rallies interested atheists into a social group in fun way; deny publically something they already do not believe in.

It's not much different from the mission of this forum in bringing people together who wish to discuss the satirical presentation on the EFT website.

#20 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6543 posts
  • Christian

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

I think the Blasphemy Challenge is more of a political statement than any form of spiritual challenge.  Those who take the challenge, from what I can tell, are merely going on public record in their denial of Christian legends.  It's a form of activism that rallies interested atheists into a social group in fun way; deny publically something they already do not believe in.

It's not much different from the mission of this forum in bringing people together who wish to discuss the satirical presentation on the EFT website.

View Post

I think you have an accurate point. I believe the spiritual battle is genuine and these statements made by atheists carry great weight from the perspective of commitment and the end result could be the real denial of the Holy Spirit that the Bible warns about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users