Photo

Sorry Guys, Proof That The Earth Is Old...

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#141 A.Sphere

A.Sphere

AKA st_dissent

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:physics, mathematics, history, bicycling, hiking, traveling, cooking, the Korean language (Han Gul)
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Mississippi

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Yes it does, why in the world was light actually RECORDED to be 310 times faster than the speed of light.  IF no information was contained, then how could the scientist even record what happened? Do you understand????

View Post

I do understand - obviously far more than you do. All that you seem to understand is misleading statements from frenzied media. What you are missing is the physics. I have tried to explain it to you but you do not understand. Read:

http://physicsworld....ticle/print/482

What you are seing in the cesium experiment is the motion of an effect not a thing. Hopefully the article clears this up for you because you do not understand.

#142 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • mississippi

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

I do understand - obviously far more than you do.  All that you seem to understand is misleading statements from frenzied media.  What you are missing is the physics.  I have tried to explain it to you but you do not understand.  Read:

What you are seing in the cesium experiment is the motion of an effect not a thing.  Hopefully the article clears this up for you because you do not understand.

View Post

Indeed, but I don't believe any of it anyways. Others might, the whole world might, but not me.

#143 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Missouri

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

I do understand - obviously far more than you do.  All that you seem to understand is misleading statements from frenzied media.  What you are missing is the physics.  I have tried to explain it to you but you do not understand.  Read:

What you are seing in the cesium experiment is the motion of an effect not a thing.  Hopefully the article clears this up for you because you do not understand.

View Post

What the article clears up is the fact that the objection to the observation(s) is made on philosophical grounds.

More importantly, the relativistic notion of simultaneity makes it clear that no information can travel faster than light without throwing all our concepts of cause and effect into disarray. Relativity teaches us that if two space-time events are separated so that they cannot be connected by any signal travelling at c or less, then different observers will disagree as to which of the two events came first. Since most physicists still believe that cause needs to precede effect, we conclude that no information can be transmitted faster than the speed of light.

Not very impressive. And I find the premise that one can tinker with definitions in order to give the illusion of explaining away observations rather stinky. Light didn't used to be defined as "information".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users