Al650

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Michigan

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:07 PM

I also find it funny how many Creationists sites tend to bash Evolution, and even other sciences, because they do not either understand the concepts or do not wish to. That wouldnt help them prove their case any better in any way.

Also, debate is not the scientific method. It is a civil discussion about a subject, in which both sides try to show that their case is superior to the other's. It should all be in good fun.
It doesnt have them 'running scared', it has them red-faced furious. It takes years and years of dedication, research, and amazing discovery by scientists, and spits in the face of it. It soils not only Evolution, but Geology, Cosmology, and the whole of Biology. It would be equivalent as to setting up a Nazi museum proclaiming that the Holocaust never happened and the Jews were evil in the middle of Israel. It is that bad. And that is why they hate it, because it is just so sick and wrong.

View Post

Where is the bashing in questioning the so-called evidence? I have attempted at numerous times to bring up evidence contrary to what evolutionists hold true and the result has always been to be shouted down. Or to simply be called a liar.

It is a common misconception on the part of evolutionists to believe that Creationists are somehow anti-science. I do not "spit in the face" of anyone when I ask good questions based on good information.

I find it interesting that you are playing the Nazi card. That is nothing more than an appeal to emotion, not reason. It's similar to last minute campaign ads that paint the opponent as someone who abuses small animals, and you wouldn't want to vote for someone like that, would you?

What is sick about a Creation Museum? I saw the statement of concern petition that warned that students who believe "this stuff" would be unlikely to succeed and would need remedial courses in order to be properly educated. For hundreds of years, parents sent their children to Sunday Schools or Christian schools, and guess what? They could go on to be great scientists regardless of believing in Creation. The Creation Museum is nothing new.

Please note the words you used: spits, soils, Nazi, Holocaust, sick and wrong.

God bless,
Al

#22 Guest_Myrmidon_*

Guest_Myrmidon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

Where is the bashing in questioning the so-called evidence? I have attempted at numerous times to bring up evidence contrary to what evolutionists hold true and the result has always been to be shouted down. Or to simply be called a liar.

Questioning is fine. If you said "What is the Theory of Evolution?", i would answer you plainly and with no frustration whatsoever. However, if you come to me after i have explained a concept over and over, and continue to make claims of something that you have not only been informed about, but given access to the PROOF of it, that just shows a lack of true questioning, for you have already made up your mind and will not take in anything else.

It is a common misconception on the part of evolutionists to believe that Creationists are somehow anti-science. I do not "spit in the face" of anyone when I ask good questions based on good information.

Good thing YOU dont. I never said ALL Creationists do. That would be a false generalization. However, many many do. They ignore facts, ignore logic, and ignore science because it 'may' contradict their religion on some level. That isnt right, and hopefully you can agree to that, since you do not do such things.

I find it interesting that you are playing the Nazi card. That is nothing more than an appeal to emotion, not reason. It's similar to last minute campaign ads that paint the opponent as someone who abuses small animals, and you wouldn't want to vote for someone like that, would you?

Hmmm, yes. I have a habit of using 'loaded words' when i am making a point. Its a good thing you can see that. The reason i used such word choices is because i wished ot express the frustration of people, especially scientists, when people basically attempt to destroy their lifetime of work and discovered facts. You would feel the same way if ignorant people were trying to destroy what you know as solid facts (And i mean real facts that are proven, not opinions). I used the Nazi thing as an example of how horrible it is. Dont take up the emotional aspect of "Nazis are bad, so Creationists are bad", because that isnt logical. But understand that is somewhat about how people feel when many Creationists attack Evolution with ignorance.

What is sick about a Creation Museum? I saw the statement of concern petition that warned that students who believe "this stuff" would be unlikely to succeed and would need remedial courses in order to be properly educated. For hundreds of years, parents sent their children to Sunday Schools or Christian schools, and guess what? They could go on to be great scientists regardless of believing in Creation. The Creation Museum is nothing new.

They would need to be taught the correct set of facts, and not the skewed data given to them by the Creation institute. The reason scientists in the past were able to move past the religious teachings was that
1) Those schools actually taught science method
2) They taught themselves after that education
3) They didnt rely on false facts for explanations
4) Most didnt go into Biology

If the Creation institute was actually teaching the scientific method, among being logical and critical of all your surroundings, then it would be ok. But it just indoctrinates little children into believing in false facts, to never use the scientific method, and no just accept what a religion tells them is true. Therefore, it is not ok by any means.

#23 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

Oh yes, i can show you so many examples of false facts from Creationism it will fill threads to the brim. But let us take that elsewhere, and not in this particular thread. Start them up and give an opening statement, and we can get started.

View Post

I can do the same with evolution and science. I can show where money and peer pressure rules science more than finding truth. So what is your point?

#24 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:33 PM

Questioning is fine. If you said "What is the Theory of Evolution?", i would answer you plainly and with no frustration whatsoever. However, if you come to me after i have explained a concept over and over, and continue to make claims of something that you have not only been informed about, but given access to the PROOF of it, that just shows a lack of true questioning, for you have already made up your mind and will not take in anything else.
Good thing YOU dont. I never said ALL Creationists do. That would be a false generalization. However, many many do. They ignore facts, ignore logic, and ignore science because it 'may' contradict their religion on some level. That isnt right, and hopefully you can agree to that, since you do not do such things.
Hmmm, yes. I have a habit of using 'loaded words' when i am making a point. Its a good thing you can see that. The reason i used such word choices is because i wished ot express the frustration of people, especially scientists, when people basically attempt to destroy their lifetime of work and discovered facts. You would feel the same way if ignorant people were trying to destroy what you know as solid facts (And i mean real facts that are proven, not opinions). I used the Nazi thing as an example of how horrible it is. Dont take up the emotional aspect of "Nazis are bad, so Creationists are bad", because that isnt logical. But understand that is somewhat about how people feel when many Creationists attack Evolution with ignorance.
They would need to be taught the correct set of facts, and not the skewed data given to them by the Creation institute. The reason scientists in the past were able to move past the religious teachings was that
1) Those schools actually taught science method
2) They taught themselves after that education
3) They didnt rely on false facts for explanations
4) Most didnt go into Biology

If the Creation institute was actually teaching the scientific method, among being logical and critical of all your surroundings, then it would be ok. But it just indoctrinates little children into believing in false facts, to never use the scientific method, and no just accept what a religion tells them is true. Therefore, it is not ok by any means.

View Post

Ok, here is a tuff question. Do you think creationists are stupid, uneducated, and ignorant, brain damaged, retarded, and a virus to the human race just because they question your theory? Bet you cannot answer that one truthfully.

#25 Guest_Myrmidon_*

Guest_Myrmidon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:46 PM

I can do the same with evolution and science. I can show where money and peer pressure rules science more than finding truth. So what is your point?

I would like to see you even come close to giving an actual piece of proven, factual data coming even remotely close to refuting Evolution that has not already been discovered (By the very scientists you seem to hate), and proven false. That would make for a lovely debate indeed.

Ok, here is a tuff question. Do you think creationists are stupid, uneducated, and ignorant, brain damaged, retarded, and a virus to the human race just because they question your theory?

Why would I? It would be a false generalization to say that all Creationists are stupid. Ignorant, maybe, but surely not stupid or brain damaged. And that would not be because they 'question' the Theory of Evolution, but because they throw themselves at it with nothing but a speculation and illogical loyalty to taking everything their religion says as literal and true, despite the fact that they have no evidence supporting them whatsoever. That doesnt mean they are a plague or stupid or evil people. It just means they are misguided and mistaken about Evolution and other related branches of science.

Bet you cannot answer that one truthfully.

Why? Because i am an evil, corrupt, twisting, flame-breathing, infecting bacteria because I question your beliefs? You see, your words can be used just as easily against you as you can me. And i would expect you, as a civil person, to give the response that it is not the reason you think i am a 'liar'.

#26 Al650

Al650

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Michigan

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

So your argument relies more on emotion than reason. Polystrate fossil trees go through many layers that are supposedly thousands if not millions of years old.

I write this as an honest assertion based on honest investigation.

God bless,
Al

#27 Guest_Myrmidon_*

Guest_Myrmidon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:55 PM

So your argument relies more on emotion than reason.

No, it is based on logic. It was spiced up with the emotional aspect of what Creationism does to scientists and their hard work. You have no excuse against my arguments, and apparently you do not want to pursue refuting them.

Polystrate fossil trees go through many layers that are supposedly thousands if not millions of years old.

Already explained that, i am not doing it again. You apparently do not read my posts except for certain areas, or you choose to ignore my explanation because you cannot refute it in reality.

I write this as an honest assertion based on honest investigation.

You write it because you do not search further in real science, and not the pseudoscience that is Creationism. I just think you should search into reliable and real sources next time.

#28 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:35 PM

I would like to see you even come close to giving an actual piece of proven, factual data coming even remotely close to refuting Evolution that has not already been discovered (By the very scientists you seem to hate), and proven false. That would make for a lovely debate indeed.

Easy.
Explain how you find blood and tissue from a supposed 40 million year old T-Rex?
A fish that does not evolve for 325 million years.
Why we were taught that oil takes millions of years to form, when it can be made in one day?
http://www.matr.net/article-6837.html
Why annual rings are not really annual.
The lies about Lucy.
The claim that coal takes millions of years to form, but yet it has been done in less than 1 year?

I'd say the hard work of science here is a hard work at deception.

Why would I? It would be a false generalization to say that all Creationists are stupid. Ignorant, maybe, but surely not stupid or brain damaged. And that would not be because they 'question' the Theory of Evolution, but because they throw themselves at it with nothing but a speculation and illogical loyalty to taking everything their religion says as literal and true, despite the fact that they have no evidence supporting them whatsoever. That doesnt mean they are a plague or stupid or evil people. It just means they are misguided and mistaken about Evolution and other related branches of science.

If I took and left links to actual recent quotes from evolution sites, or forums, in which creationist are called all these names. Would you say they are all wrong? Or would you ignore what is said just because you agree? Evolution only requires that you agree, if you go against even one of your peers in denouncing their attitude, or comment publically. They might just denounce you.

Attached File  B_IMPFIgnoMakiPeop.jpg   5.06KB   7 downloadsAttached File  B_MayTheFetusYouSave.jpg   4.08KB   8 downloads

These pins are being sold on several evolutionist sites and forums. Now can you tell me what they have to do with the scientific method? Or are they a hatred type promotion that evolution breeds among it's believers?

Why? Because i am an evil, corrupt, twisting, flame-breathing, infecting bacteria because I question your beliefs? You see, your words can be used just as easily against you as you can me. And i would expect you, as a civil person, to give the response that it is not the reason you think i am a 'liar'.

View Post

When two people believe in some thing, that happens to be opposites of each other. And there can be only one truth. By default the other becomes what?

I'm not the one who's peers publically write or say that a certain group of people are a virus to the human race just because of what they believe. And then get an applause from the majority veiw for that comment.

Controversial scientist and evolutionist, Richard Dawkins, dubbed ‘Darwin’s Rottweiler,’ calls religion a ‘virus’ and faith-based education ‘child abuse’. Criticizes conservative U.S. evangelicals and warns his audience of the influence of ‘Christian fascism’ and ‘an American Taliban.’ In part two of his series entitled ‘The Virus of Faith,’ Dawkins attacks the teaching of ‘religion’ to children, calling it child abuse. Dawson said: “The God of the Old Testament has got to be the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous, and proud of it, petty, vindictive, unjust, unforgiving, and racist.’ Dawkins compares Moses to Hitler and Saddam Hussein, and calls the New Testament ‘St. Paul’s nasty, sado-masochistic doctrine of atonement for original sin.’” (WorldNetDaily. 1/8/06.)

I'm not the one who makes videos where I threaten those who disagree with me with a gun.

Or do I set up booths doing this:
Attached File  Smut_trade.jpg   18.82KB   89 downloads

Or sell pins that say Christians should be eliminated.
Attached File  B_HowLongEvoElimRight.jpg   4.2KB   8 downloads

I'm not the one who puts up sites that promote evolution by getting people to blasphme God: http://www.blasphemychallenge.com/

I'm not the one who puts on shows to taste-less, it mocks Christians that just died. I wonder how this made the Falwell family feel?

But then again, if evolutionists hate christians so badly, who cares?

Attached Files

#29 Al650

Al650

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Michigan

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

I strongly suggest that all Atheists leave this site. Why? It is clear that they are not here to inform or educate. Their only purpose is to intimidate by name calling, appeals to emotion and insistence. As self-appointed defenders of all science, they persist daily to indoctrinate. To repeat the same tired phrases that are used and reused all over the internet. This is not a search or defense of scientific facts but a campaign of attempted indoctrination.

Atheists: Is any current scientific research affected by the beliefs of Creationists? If your theory is incontrovertibly correct, why assail Creationists? What do you have to be concerned about? For you, evolution is a fact and no one can say different.

God bless,
Al

#30 Guest_kega_*

Guest_kega_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:25 AM

It getting clearer and clearer to me that evolutionists dont have a clue about what they are talking about. you could give them a bible to read and they would say it supported evolution.

#31 4jacks

4jacks

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Christian
  • Maryland, Home of the Merry

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:46 AM

It getting clearer and clearer to me that evolutionists dont have a clue about what they are talking about.  you could give them a bible to read and they would say it supported evolution.

View Post

That is So true, and it really frustrates the heck out of me, becuase I do seriously look for evolutionary information/sources/videos or whatever so I can try to find the facts that they claim are overwhelming. I seriously just want to know "WHY PEOPLE BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION" and the only answer that I can get online is "Becuase a bunch of smart scientist believe it, so I should believe it too"

What a bunch of garbage.

It's very frustrating, when I go looking for answers and all I get is insulted.

It's becuase of these experiences that I'm very convinced that evolution is 100% garbage.

Anyway since Myrimidon boy is banned.

He said that he could list facts that creationist have been caught lying about. Does anyone know what he is talking about? I would be interested in getting information on any Creationist scams that have been proven false.

#32 Al650

Al650

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Michigan

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:12 AM

May I respectfully point out that by using the phrase "Creationist scams" you are already biasing the question?

It is very, very clear that in the eyes of evolutionists, Creationists are:

Liars.

Misinformed to the Nth degree (at best).

Filled with "hate" toward science and/or scientists.

Anything we say qualifies as a scam because it's based on nothing that has been proven by science/scientists, when, in fact, it has.

Don't you get it? Equating Creationists in general to Holocaust deniers is trivializing the deaths of millions of people. But the evolutionists will do that to make you think that, yep, that's what those Creationists are like.

However, evolutionists have lied, distorted the evidence, misinterpreted the evidence and ignored evidence counter to their claims.

Beliefs like evolution are commodities and there's a lot of money to be made by selling this belief to other people. It would not surprise me that a few Creationist anti-evolution hate sites are actually run by evolutionists to generate a conflict so they can make a dollar.

Know that whener I write something, it's to ask an honest question. Neither God or myself seek to push belief down anyone's throat. The gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ is to be freely accepted, not coerced.

I view all Atheists as my neighbors with whom I share this planet. I have no desire to hurt them. It seems that they are so afraid that if enough people remain steadfast in their belief that God created, the United States, if not the world, would be taken over by a Theocracy, that a new, undefined Dark Age would begin, and we would all, I don't know, end up riding bicycles just because our religious leaders said so.

So this is not about knowledge, it's about fear and anger. If you believe in God, you are ignorant. If you believe in God's Creation, you are ignorant, and anti-Science and insulting all Scientists.

My brothers and sisters in Christ. Jesus said, "No man can serve two masters. He will either love the one or hate the other." Deep within the hearts of some is the love of the other master and his hatred for those who stand for the truth, in meekness. Not contending, but out of a desire to speak the truth. "Blessed are the peacemakers."

God bless,
Al

#33 A.Sphere

A.Sphere

AKA st_dissent

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:physics, mathematics, history, bicycling, hiking, traveling, cooking, the Korean language (Han Gul)
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Mississippi

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

If your theory is incontrovertibly correct, why assail Creationists? What do you have to be concerned about? For you, evolution is a fact and no one can say different.
God bless,
Al

View Post

I suppose the problem is that creationists and Intelligent Design advocates do not seem to be doing their own research - at least they are not publishing anything in credible peer reviewed scientific literature.

Normally, research is done and a publication is put forth. That research might lead to results that challange mainstream scientific theory. Once enough scientists have scrutinized the research publication and the theory still stands it becomes accepted as mainstream science - perhaps - even replacing another theory. If it is basic enough it will end up in a textbook eventually.

To me, and many evolution supporters, it appears that the creationists are skipping the research, skipping the peer reviewed publication in academic journals, bypassing the scrutiny, and wanting their beliefs injected straight into the textbooks. We cannot let science be so liberal – if we do anything goes.

If creationism stood on its own without eliminating the gauntlet of scrutiny I am quite sure that it wouldn't make it through - whereas the ToE does - at least to most scientists - just not to some. By bypassing the system creationism not only threatens the scientific process but does so without actually doing any real science – by merely finding a loophole. To me that is a threat.

Truthfully though, I don't consider it a major threat. I like debating - it helps me learn about people and behavior - it motivates learning, and I get to talk to people from all over the world.

#34 Al650

Al650

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Michigan

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

I will reference then, the case of Mary Schweitzer et al, and her discovery of elastic tissue and heme in a T-Rex bone about 65 million years old. Her methods and procedures were regarded as careful and in line with accepted practices, but when confronted with the evidence, another scientist simply could not believe it. When she asked what evidence would convince him, he simply replied "None." Someone else, speaking in response to that scientists's reaction, simply said that when a new "idea" enters the scientific world, sometimes scientists have a hard time accepting it. "IDEA"? This was not the invention of someone's mind, it was evidence.

Her work was published in the appropriate journals but nothing came of it.

I find "debating" with evolutionists not fun or interesting. I generally see insults to my intelligence and religious beliefs. The evidence is that evolutionists come here to attempt to indoctrinate, not inform.

Oh, and in reference to the threat you speak about. There is no such threat. There are only a handful of academic textbook publishers. You appear to be telling the public that anyone can call them up and ask them to print their favorite theory on pages 300 to 389 in the latest Biology textbook. That's nonsense pure and simple.

God bless,
Al

#35 A.Sphere

A.Sphere

AKA st_dissent

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:physics, mathematics, history, bicycling, hiking, traveling, cooking, the Korean language (Han Gul)
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Mississippi

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:03 PM

Easy.
Explain how you find blood and tissue from a supposed 40 million year old T-Rex?
A fish that does not evolve for 325 million years.
Why we were taught that oil takes millions of years to form, when it can be made in one day?
http://www.matr.net/article-6837.html
Why annual rings are not really annual.
The lies about Lucy.
The claim that coal takes millions of years to form, but yet it has been done in less than 1 year?

I'd say the hard work of science here is a hard work at deception.
If I took and left links to actual recent quotes from evolution sites, or forums, in which creationist are called all these names. Would you say they are all wrong? Or would you ignore what is said just because you agree? Evolution only requires that you agree, if you go against even one of your peers in denouncing their attitude, or comment publically. They might just denounce you.

Attached File  B_IMPFIgnoMakiPeop.jpg   5.06KB   7 downloadsAttached File  B_MayTheFetusYouSave.jpg   4.08KB   8 downloads

These pins are being sold on several evolutionist sites and forums. Now can you tell me what they have to do with the scientific method? Or are they a hatred type promotion that evolution breeds among it's believers?
When two people believe in some thing, that happens to be opposites of each other. And there can be only one truth. By default the other becomes what?

I'm not the one who's peers publically write or say that a certain group of people are a virus to the human race just because of what they believe. And then get an applause from the majority veiw for that comment.

Controversial scientist and evolutionist, Richard Dawkins, dubbed ‘Darwin’s Rottweiler,’ calls religion a ‘virus’ and faith-based education ‘child abuse’. Criticizes conservative U.S. evangelicals and warns his audience of the influence of ‘Christian fascism’ and ‘an American Taliban.’ In part two of his series entitled ‘The Virus of Faith,’ Dawkins attacks the teaching of ‘religion’ to children, calling it child abuse. Dawson said: “The God of the Old Testament has got to be the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous, and proud of it, petty, vindictive, unjust, unforgiving, and racist.’ Dawkins compares Moses to Hitler and Saddam Hussein, and calls the New Testament ‘St. Paul’s nasty, sado-masochistic doctrine of atonement for original sin.’” (WorldNetDaily. 1/8/06.)

I'm not the one who makes videos where I threaten those who disagree with me with a gun.

Or do I set up booths doing this:
Attached File  Smut_trade.jpg   18.82KB   89 downloads

Or sell pins that say Christians should be eliminated.
Attached File  B_HowLongEvoElimRight.jpg   4.2KB   8 downloads

I'm not the one who puts up sites that promote evolution by getting people to blasphme God: http://www.blasphemychallenge.com/

I'm not the one who puts on shows to taste-less, it mocks Christians that just died. I wonder how this made the Falwell family feel?

But then again, if evolutionists hate christians so badly, who cares?

View Post

The thing is that even if you found one million links to website where atheists say terrible things about Christians threaten to kill them, threaten to overthrow the religion, etc... It still cannot be used to generalize atheists. It only means that some atheists are bad people.

Likewise, I can and have seen websites that claim we should kill atheists and people of different faiths than Christianity, that promote protesting at the funerals of soldiers who have died, claiming that September 11 and the tsunamis in Sri Lanka and East Asia where God's way of punishing America for allowing h*m*sexuality to be legal and letting evolution be taught and punishing the victims of the tsunamis for being wicked and un-Christian. I've seen these ideas push themselves onto television even. However, I know that this doesn't mean that Christianity is bad - I know many people that profess the faith that are good decent people.

Evil people that profess to be Christians would be evil even if there wasn't Christianity - the same is true for Atheism.

#36 Al650

Al650

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Michigan

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:10 PM

More nonsense. The media in this country is very liberal and very Leftist. It is clearly anti-God and pro immorality. I would not want to be in charge of America's cultural exchange program with other countries. What would I send them? Television programs like Brothers and Sisters or Grey's Anatomy or Desperate Housewives? The latest Jennifer Anniston fornication movie?

The evolution worldview encourages people to deny God's authority in their lives. We must accept evolution, not because of science but so we can deny God. Just read the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

God bless,
Al

#37 Al650

Al650

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Michigan

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:45 PM

Open Message to the Moderator:

Apparently the Atheists want to ignore the evidence of Christian/Creationist hate.

"OK, so there are bad Atheists and bad Christians. So what? Let's get back to convincing you to believe in evolution every which way we can."

It is apparent, based on the evidence, that the evolutionists will simply continue coming here, saying the same things over and over and over again. No debate, no discussion. Just their unshakeable belief presented every which way they can. I submit there is no further point in allowing them to post. The questions and answers are established and unchanging.

For the record, I believe God, not men.

God bless,
Al

#38 A.Sphere

A.Sphere

AKA st_dissent

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Mississippi

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

Open Message to the Moderator:
Apparently the Atheists want to ignore the evidence of Christian/Creationist hate.
"OK, so there are bad Atheists and bad Christians. So what? Let's get back to convincing you to believe in evolution every which way we can."

It is apparent, based on the evidence, that the evolutionists will simply continue coming here, saying the same things over and over and over again. No debate, no discussion. Just their unshakeable belief presented every which way they can. I submit there is no further point in allowing them to post. The questions and answers are established and unchanging.

For the record, I believe God, not men.
God bless,
Al

View Post

I am not sure if this is directed toward me - I am not ignoring anything. I am simply suggesting that it is irrelevant - just like hate sights constructed by Christians are irrelevant – the ones directed at my beliefs do not bother me in the slightest. You cannot say that one group is bad because some people in that group are bad - that would be a generalization; generalizations are usually illogical.

As far as your second paragraph goes - what is the point of it? It just seems to be smoke... I could say the same stuff about creationists - and there would be no point. Do you deny that your questions and answers are established and unchanging? They seem that way to me, as I am sure mine seem that way to you. There is a reason for that - none of us is actually doing research in the field - we have to learn and repeat because we are not professionals - at least I am not. I read the basics - debating it makes me read more than I would normally. If we debated something I specialize in then I could make more original arguments as I am sure you could as well. I mean lets face it - how many die hard evolutionists have you converted; I haven't seen any die hard creationists convert either - we are here to learn from one another; perhaps to even gain an understanding and to learn to tolerate each other.

I mean - if it is true - what is the point of you staying here and repeatedly making soap box pronouncements and wild generalizations? It sounds like you need to cool off a bit; perhaps you should take a break – just a suggestion.

Your answer is to ban us? That is almost fascist thinking you've got going on there. If you’re sick of it - again take a break. What would be the point of an Origins debate forum without a large portion of the opposition (assuming you don't want to ban agnostics and people of other faiths)? It would be a bunch of folks preaching to the choir.

Since I have joined back in the discussions only recently I have noticed some posts around here are getting kind of hostile – on both sides. Seriously though – you are letting this get to you too much. When that happens to me I just take a break for a few weeks. I doubt you’ll miss much – as if you say we just say the same things over and over again right?

#39 Al650

Al650

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Michigan

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

The message was directed at the Moderator.

God bless,
Al

#40 A.Sphere

A.Sphere

AKA st_dissent

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Mississippi

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:11 PM

The message was directed at the Moderator.
God bless,
Al

View Post

Right after my post though - you even included a fake quote as if to sum up my argument - it seems like you are mocking me.

My suggestion to the moderators (I am still a newbie so I apologize If I am overstepping my bounds) is to close this thread. It seems that it is generating too many hostile emotions - understandably, but I think it is detracting from the OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users