ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:01 AM

Someone at another forum left this link. And this guy really puts truth out there. This is why we are losing the battle for souls.

#2 pwnagepanda

pwnagepanda

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Judaism non-orthodox
  • Agnostic
  • Piedmont, California

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:35 PM

Someone at another forum left this link. And this guy really puts truth out there. This is why we are losing the battle for souls.

View Post

corect me if I am wrong, but it seems like his message was that christians should essentially act like they did in the middle ages. I could be wrong, but isnt that a bad thing?

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:50 PM

corect me if I am wrong, but it seems like his message was that christians should essentially act like they did in the middle ages. I could be wrong, but isnt that a bad thing?

View Post

His message is that we change. God does not. Our salvation should be what it was in Jesus time. The reason we lose the battle, and atheist are starting to hate us. Is that when they look at us, they don't see much difference and therefore get mad that we would say we are forgiven while they are not.

The term carnal Christians was made up as an excuse to sin while being saved. America in general has corrupted what salvation is about to the point that a Christian does not look much different from a unsaved sinner. But yet we say we are going to heaven, and everyone else is going to hell?

With all that I have posted about the osas/no-osas subject. This was the point I was trying to get across. If you are a Christian, you cannot live like the world and expect people to knock down your door for what you have. The unsaved sinner already lives in a world of sin. Why would he want to live in another type of world where the sins are still there, only forgiven?

An unsaved sinner wants to change. He does not want to continue to sin, and have it forgiven. So the example we leave them is that the only difference between being saved and not being saved. Is that sins on one side is forgiven, while the same sins on the other are not. Where did we ever get the idea that salvation was a ticket to sin?

Osas (once saved always saved) doctrine guarantees this. Sin sin sin, all you want. Can't lose it Ha Ha ha. But who is it that gets the last laugh as every sinner that sees this feels mocked about their life of sin? Satan does. How? What unsaved sinner is going to join a group of hypocrites, yes I said hypocrites, that basically are no different in their life than they are. If someone wants to change their life, they want real change. Not one that allows them to live the same way they are trying to get away from.

Example: Would you want a life changing promotion in your job that is doing the same thing? One where you hate what you do, but you get better health care and that's it. Or would you prefer to find another job?

There are unsaved sinners that hate to sin and want to change. They want a life change as well as the promise of heaven. But all we offer them is heaven along with forgiven sin. Yeah, let's all jump on that boat.

With all the bad things that sin does to people, if all we offer is forgiveness, why would they want to change? They are tired of their life because they are tired of their sin.

Example: Does anyone hear listen to rock music played by unsaved sinners? What excuse do you use to justify it? I don't listen to the words, just the music. You know that is a lie, and I can say that because I've been there done that. You cannot filter out the words because you can always sing the tune word for word as soon as you here the music start. Even though I don't listen to that any more, I am reminded every time about that excuse every time I hear one of those songs being played by someone else. For I can remember "all" the words, and could sing it just like I could before I quit. So I thought I was fooling everyone. I only fooled myself. And that is what God's word calls a fool.

What does that say to the unsaved sinner? It says the sin you want to get away from, you can do it legally in God's eyes, and all you need is salvation. Ticket to sin pure and simple.

So every unsaved sinner looks at going to church as a ticket to learn how to sin. Because does the church teach:

1) How to stop sinning?
2) Or, don't worry, your sin is forgiven every time you ask? So sin sin sin, you can't lose salvation.

And what is the excuse if someone falls away and returns to a sinner's life? He was never really saved. Really? In God's word, can someone tell me the procedure that determines that someone was never saved? There is not one because it never existed. Why? Only God can determine this. So that answer is justification for a person falling away when it's claimed that this could never happen.

We as Christian lean to much on the word forgiven, and ignore the word repent. Repent means to abstain from the sin as best you can. Until you over come it and are released from it's bondage. When you are in sin, you are a slave to it. You feel as if your life is run by it because you feel this pull to do it everyday.

Now why would a sinner want to turn in his life of unforgiven bondage, for a life of forgiven bondage?

Example: let's say a person is stuck on watching p*rn. He meets a christian and finds out that this person watches cable and has no problem watching "hard R" movies (on the edge of being rated X). He wants to get away from his p*rn bondage. But if it's OK to watch hard R movies on cable. How will he get out of that bondage? He wants change, he does not want more of the same.

So when a unsaved sinner look at what we offer this is what he sees:

Current status: I live in bondage to sin. It's unforgiven.
Christian status: I live in bondage to sin. It's forgiven

So the unsaved sinner sees bondage on both sides of the issue. And therefore sees no change and gets mad because we claim it's so much better. But is it really? Living in bondage is the same regardless.

Example: In the story of Joseph. When Joseph was a slave and was given the highest spot in Potiphar's house. He was asked by one of the other slaves as to why he was still sad, because he would not be sad because of all the fine clothing Joseph was wearing. Joseph said: A slave is still a slave, clothes do not change that fact. What he was saying is that he was still in bondage. And as long as that bondage was still over him. Nothing to make him happy until he was free. And he would give it all back to be free.

So salvation with bandaged attached to it is not appealing to the unsaved. And they get mad because we basically offer them a no way out condition. With our compromised salvation that has taken old through osas.

#4 pwnagepanda

pwnagepanda

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Judaism non-orthodox
  • Agnostic
  • Piedmont, California

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:05 PM

so I was correct in the first bit, but not in the second. (but that could be debatable)

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:48 AM

so I was correct in the first bit, but not in the second. (but that could be debatable)

View Post

This has nothing to do with violence. Only that we should conduct ourselves as Christ commanded. And quit justifying our sins.

#6 Supersport

Supersport

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Christian
  • Ft Worth, Texas

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:19 PM

thanks for posting this.....nothing but raw truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users