Beware Of The New Xp Update!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:42 AM

I was just on the broad, work about three hours on an equation for creation. Though it was not done. My computer was on and it was updating while I was working. Unknown to me, this update required an automatic reboot. So I'm setting there at my screen, a message comes up saying, computer rebooting, then it starts the process, I set there and watch three hours of work disapear :) .

But that was not the worse of it. The update messed up my computer. Upon rebooting it would not load all the way, and would restart it self to try again. So first I tried vga mode. Because it would get stuck right after video card driver loaded, and vga mode skips that. Still no load. So I did safe mode, even it was messed up. :) :angry:

I tried restore on start up, still won't load. So I did the very last resort before you have to format. I did a repair from booting up the cd itself and using the xp repair utilities. It worked :) .

So I leave a warning, the last update, which is a security update, may mess up your pc.

Admin3

#2 Guest_92g_*

Guest_92g_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:01 AM

It worked OK on mine. I also got an option box asking me if I wanted to wait for the re-boot. It doesn't give you much time, maybe 5~6 seconds.

Terry

#3 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:38 PM

The box it gave me looked like a download box. Had a green bar that had green boxes that moved in one direction. So I looked at this as my computer downloading. Did not know it was an actual timer to a reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users