What I really love is how all the believers here think they've got the atheist all figured out, when by your comments you clearly don't. Here's a sample just to demonstrate.
So, why then, does the atheist even bother to debate the metaphysical if he doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t even believe it exists? Why do the atheists even bother to come to every theist site to argue? Could there be something to the metaphysical argument that has the atheist all worked up?
1. Why debate about what doesn't exist? So if someone is prancing around claiming the characters from Lord of the rings all exist, you think another shouldn't pull them aside and correct them?
2. Why come to this kind of site? Personally, I like debate. And the closer someone is to a debated topic, the more interesting the debate.
3. Why come to this kind of site? I return the question to any Christian who debates on an evolutionist site. If you don't believe, why go there? I imagine your reasons will be similar to my own.
Why does the atheist mind use the word truth, after all itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s just an arbitrary word that bends to the will of the user?
No, good and bad are arbitrary words, however within context they still have meaning and are worth using for clarity. 'Truths' do exist.
why does the atheist even use the word mind...
Out of habit more than anything. Remember, many of us have had an upbringing where 'mind' was exclusive from 'brain'. I now use the two words interchangeably.
With the elitist attitudes shown by the atheists, one wonders why they even bother to borrow all these ideals from the theists to explain their lives
I don't think atheists are more elite than any other form of belief/non-belief I've heard. As to why we would borrow ideas...just because you don't believe in the cause of an idea doesn't mean the idea itself can't be useful.
I'm amazed how they are drawn to Christians like moths to a flame
Opposites attract Adam
Can not the same be said of Christians? Why are you all here if not because you are drawn by your opposite?
Except they think about God more with hate and not love. Hate consumes you. It's what drives them to defend their theory, as they feel the need to go to every Christian forum they can find because evolution is their only weapon and justification for not believng in God or His creation. If that were removed, they would have no justification for not believing and they would come face to face with having to ponder God.
Where to begin
1. It's true that hate consumes you. I've been down that path, and I imagine many atheists have. Some of us grow up and realise there is nothing there to hate. Personally, I was still agnostic when I made my peace with God; then became an atheist. I agree a lot of atheists do hold a lot of hate, however there is no hate from me.
2. Hate does not drive the theory. Evidence does.
3. Trust me, evolution is the least of our reasons for not believing in God. Removing evolution would not force one to ponder God.
4. Again there is this idea that evolutionist seek out Christian sites but no mention of the reverse, as if it doesn't happen. I decided to join this forum because it went against my beliefs and I felt I could learn more here than at another site that already supports my views. Hate had nothing to do with it. It was a desire to understand.
I spend a lot of time lurking on atheist sites, just listening in. Just to see the thought processes.
At least de_skudd will admit it is not all a one way street
If 10 people from here showed up at the forum you speak of, do you think they would straighten up? Nope. And it's the very reason we won't go.
Would it make any difference if an atheist decided to go with you? Obviously I can't support many of your arguments, but I can support your integrity.
Because I've found less rationality and more Ã¢â‚¬Å“close mindednessÃ¢â‚¬Â at most every atheist site
Funny that, I feel the same way when I visit a Christian site. I'm starting to think it's more bias than fact
I have found that Ã¢â‚¬Å“Positive AtheismÃ¢â‚¬Â is just and excuse for stealing Christian morals
What's wrong with that? Most of them are good morals.
Sorry for such a long post, but as I've said before I'm here to understand other's beliefs. I think if you want to understand mine you'll need a more accurate description of what they are.