ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:40 AM

Recently this forum has decided to allow posting of youtube videos. Because this is new, there will be a testing period to more or less get an idea of the rules that need to be made.

First off, all other forum rules still apply. Second, bare with us as we tweak and make more rules so that this is an experience everyone can enjoy.

Here are some basic rules so far:

1) No posting of videos that are meant to start an arguement. Some youtube video makers are bent on challenging people along with making the people they challenge mad on purpose. If you think your video may provoke your debate opponent because it makes snide remarks, personal attacks, etc... It would be safe to assume that it is not acceptable.

If the video is borderline about provoking, and you are not sure. You can pm us and we will take a look.

2) No videos with profanity. I don't think this needs an explaination. It's a pretty much strainght forward rule. If someone should find a video that is good at explaining something and has very little profanity. You will have to pm it to one of the mods or admins for pre-approval. And a profanity warning will be issued under the video when posted, if approved.

3) Definitely no videos that use God's name in vain (God d@m etc...). And no videos that trash scripture, God, or Jesus.

4) For now we will allow linking to youtube channels. But, if the channel contains videos that have profanity. Then a warning must be issued so the person knows what he or she might hear. This rule is subject to change. Also, no video channels that have what youtube consider adult content. And no individual videos that are considered the same way.

Side note: I realize that the adult content on youtube is considered barely R rated. Still, it sells only one thing. And that is s@x. So no videos that promote this in any way.

5) We want to archive good videos on both evolution and creation to put in a archived area that can be linked to for discussions and debates in other posting areas of the forum. So post a video in the section that is desinated as the area. Same rules above apply. We will look at them as soon as we can.

6) No spam videos. If you are selling something, don't bother.

7) We hope to put up a video humor section as well. When we do, it is expected to be clean humor. And mostly non-racist. Humor sometimes touches the race issue which cannot be helped sometimes. But when the comedian just zeros in on this subject, that just goes above and beyond what is acceptable here.

8) We hope to also make a youtube learning section. There are several videos that are good teaching videos on a variety of stuff. Same rules apply.

The youtube video experience at this forum is for you. If it's going to work, will depend upon you. If it becomes to much to handle for the mods and admins, because no one wants to follow the rules, the ability to post videos will stop and all videos will be removed.

Just bare with us as we make the rules needed, as we go, to make the youtube experience a good one for all involved.

Here is an example of a science teaching video:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-uWcrM-J75Q&hl=en%22></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-uWcrM-J75Q&hl=en type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This video demonstrates the Mysner effect.

Posted Image

When the flat looking green thing is placed on the round copper colored metal, the video is showing that there is no magnetic field coming from object. This shows that the whole affect has to do with the one metal being super cooled. You can research what the Mysner Effect is by typing it into any search engine.

#2 Guest_kega_*

Guest_kega_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:03 AM

are we going to see any videos made by any of the site admins? :)

are we going to be allowed to post other movies too?

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:27 PM

are we going to see any videos made by any of the site admins? :)

are we going to be allowed to post other movies too?

View Post

Yes. As long as current guidelines are followed there should not be any problems.

#4 OriginMan

OriginMan

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Christian
  • Louisiana

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

Is this strictly YouTube Videos are ANY Web Video hosting sites ?

I use LiveLeak = http://www.liveleak.com/

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

Is this strictly YouTube Videos are ANY Web Video hosting sites ?

I use LiveLeak = http://www.liveleak.com/

View Post

I'd have to research this and see if same code for youtube will work for that as well. Or if I have to obtain another bb code for the forum.

But for now let's just keep it for youtube. This video thing is still in trial mode. We want to make sure that this is not a option that is going to be more trouble than what it is worth. And we have to figure out where to draw the line on some videos.

So I'll kick it off with the bb code:

[youtube] Your pasted embeded code from youtube [/youtube]

Remember, if you think a video might be borderline with the rules, you can pm us with the video before posting it. Other wise, have fun.

#6 Guest_kega_*

Guest_kega_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:50 AM

Yes. As long as current guidelines are followed there should not be any problems.

View Post

never ask two questions in a post :) because someone will always answer just one of them:)

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

never ask two questions in a post :) because someone will always answer just one of them:)

View Post

Yes was the answer to your first question.

And the rest was the answer to your second one.

#8 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

Hi Ikester
I received you email but the respond e-mail function did not seem to work (unless you gto several emails then from me? It tells me it has been sent but I do not see it in the sent e mail box which says it's empty.

I tried another browser but it says the same thing. I have one more I will try.

Also I noticed my view new posts does not work.
Mike Summers

#9 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:09 AM

Hi Ikester
I received you email but the respond e-mail function did not seem to work (unless you gto several emails  then from  me?  It tells me it has been sent but I do not see it in the sent e mail box which says it's empty.

I tried another browser but it says the same thing. I have one more I will try.

Also I noticed my view new posts does not work.
Mike Summers

View Post

I sent it PM to you. If you use the e-mail, it did not work because that's not how the message was sent. PMs have to be responded to through PMs. The reason you got an e-mail is because the forum program notifies you when you get one. Responding to the notification will not get to the person who sent it because the e-mail address is the forum program address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users