Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • mississippi

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

well, hello everyone, i am scott, and indeed i am very interested in the evolution versus creation debate. Ive been a creationist for most of my life, and it is one of my favorite topics of all time, besides cars. after reading this forum for quite some time, i got inspired to join. Feel free to ASK questions

#2 TempestTossed

TempestTossed

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

Hi, scott, I hope you stick around. :) This forum is very small, but I find that to be a good thing. Debate is polite, which I think is ironic since the heading on every page calls my position a fairytale. I can live with that, because I implicitly return the sentiments! :) There is a thread I started in the forum that hasn't gotten any attention yet here: http://www.evolution...?showtopic=1784

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:21 AM

Welcome to the forum scott. So what inspired you to join?

#4 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

Well, actually it all started about two years ago. I was kind of thinking about macro evolution actually being true. That is, until i started researching and remembering a few fossils that i had already found. The way i saw the evidence, it all pointed to a young earth and an actual 6 day creation, because of 2 fossils that stuck out in my mind that i had.

The first fossil that i really found strange was a rock, with finger indentions and actual fingerprints fossilized on the rock itself. 6 indentions with the prints inside them. The rock itself looks like it was squeezed, like play-do. Strange thing is, i found this rock on a gravel road near my house. If i could figure out how to post pictures, i would. And no its not clay.

The second fossil is petrified wood, i have seen plenty of pieces where some of the wood was NOT fossilized and the other half was. This seemed really strange.

But these fossils arent the only reason i was inspired to debate, i just think the truth is out there, and that we can find it if we really try.

#5 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

these two fossils actually only helped reinforce my belief in a young earth. i always thought it was strange that almost all fossils look as if they were buried quickly. Now i dont personally believe that every dinosaur that was ever fossilized died beside a river. Because we have fossils of marine life giving birth. Also in antarctica, they found an allosaur like carnivores skeleton, with the bones of the dinosaur it was eating stuck in its throat.

Also the velociraptor and the protoceratops fossilized complete with the protoceratops having a death grip hold on the velociraptor. What im getting at is that the majority of fossils we find were buried ALIVE. also the majority of fossil clams that i and many others found in the Tupelo area of mississippi were complete closed shells, these fossils number in the thousands, i am not kidding. road workers used to bring home bucket loads of fossils home each day.

These are some of the number 1 reasons i believe in the Word of God. Yes offcourse i believe this as evidence for a worldwide flood, because the evidence is, WORLDWIDE.

oh, and id also like to know how to post pictures on here because id really like to show you all the rock with fingerprints so you could all have an opinion on it.

#6 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

If you don't have a website, or a blog. The only way you can display a photo is to upload to the forum. You will see the option when you post. If not, I think you have to wait about 5 posts before the forum program will allow you to post a picture.

But first, if you have not edited the photo yet. You need to do this. 300 x 400 is about as big as you want to get to upload for this forum. If you do not have a photo editor, you can download one from here: http://www.irfanview.com/

After you change the size, choose save as. And make sure to save it in a different folder from your original picture, or change the name of picture. That way the edited one does not overwrite your original picture.

Over on the options side bar that will pop up as you select to save picture, You will see a slide that ends with the number 100. Move the slide back to about 50. This will decrease the file size so that it does not take for ever to load for dial up users. And it won't take away from the quality to much if you have the original picture in high quality when you took the picture.

Also when you save, save it in jpg format. It's the best for the internet. You get small files and good quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users