#1 falcone

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Scotland

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hello everyone. I've enjoyed reading through the posts here for a while now, so thought is was about time I registered.

I got interested in the Creation vs Evolution discussion about a year ago, having sat on the fence for quite some time simply because I hadn't given origins much thought. Although I grew up with Christian parents, I've never been particularly religious (or non-religious for that matter) myself. I have however always had an interest in pretty much any branch of science, but it's not what I do for a living and I don't claim any particular expertise.

I'm sure many of you here will be used to having the term 'argument from incredulity' levied against you. Ironically, I am guilty of the same thing, but from an evolutionary stance; the more I learn about biology, evolution, cosmology, geology etc, the more I feel God (or at least the Christian God) is very unlikley proposition. Perhaps I just don't understand Christian theology properly - I've certainly given more time to reading science books than religious texts.

Well, that's probably all you need to know for now. I don't expect I'll be an avid poster, but I'll definitely continue to follow the discussions and I'll throw my tupence worth in where I can.

#2 ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:40 AM

Welcome to the board, hope you enjoy your stay.

On a side note: Make sure to read the rules. We try to have civil debates here from both sides. The rules are basically about showing respect for either side. Disrespect (name calling etc..) proves nothing during a debate, and is not scientific. The main reason I point this out is because it's the biggest problem with the C vs E debate we have here.

We allow some pokes or jabs, it keeps it interesting. But there is a point where it can get out of hand. Basically you have to read your post before clicking the add reply button and ask yourself: Would I get mad if someone said that to me about what I believe?

Other then that, the rest is pretty simple to follow.

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7053 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Hi, falcone! It's nice to meet you! :lol:

I hope you enjoy the Forum.