• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

I've noticed for many years now that evolutionist have accused creationist of not being able to explain the order of fossils in the geologic column.Dr. Marc Surtees proves this is wrong and even includes dating methods to show that it occured in thousands of years and not millions.

Here is a link to his video"The global flood" http://www.edinburgh...p.org/video.php - 5k -

Enjoy.

#2 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

I've noticed for many years now that evolutionist have accused creationist of not being able to explain the order of fossils in the geologic column.Dr. Marc Surtees proves this is wrong and even includes dating methods to show that it occured in thousands of years and not millions.

Here is a link to his video"The global flood".edinburghcreationgroup.org/video.php - 5k -

Enjoy.

View Post

Well, the layers we see today basically are sediments, and they are not ordered at all. Evolutionist would have people believe that the geological time column exist simply because they have drawn, written, and model demonstrations about the column. Unfortunately there really is no evidence that the geological time column exist. No where, on the entire earth has it ever been found in perfect order, or any order at all. Nowhere has jurassic dinosaurs been found below cretacious, no where has cambrian been found below jurassic layers. It must be understood, that most fossil sites for miles only contain one era of the supposed column, but one must see that there are no layers below or above the one at the fossil dig site with any fossils.

Once you actually go to the actual fossil site, you begin to see that these supposed layers do not exist. And by what I mean as layers Im speaking about the fossils they contain, which is the only real way you can date the layers in the column. Evolutionist like to say they have mountains of evidence for the geological time column, maybe they are speaking of thousands of neatly colored pictures in a textbook, because in all reality, they havent been found.

If the geological time column has been found, please post pictures of real cambrian, triassic, jurassic, and cretacious dinosaur bones and fossils, in perfect and complete order. Cambrian through jurassic would be enough, triassic through tertiary would be enough. Strangley enough these layers have NEVER been found like this. NONE has been found on top of each other.

Evolutionist also like to claim that fossils they find came from jurassic limestone, but how do they know if it is, when no other layers were found in the area. Then another excavation team 5 miles down the road finds fossils in cretacious limestone, with no evidence that its cretacious other than textbook drawings of dinosaurs they assume are older than each other.

#3 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

The most i've seen is three or four and sometimes they arent in the order they should be.The devonian is missing in parts of the grand canyon and then the entire thing just suddenly appears on the other side of the canyon.

I have heard peole say that a couple places on earth have the entire 10 layers all stacked on top of each other but i've never seen the evidence of that claim though.

Usually if one is missing its explained away as erosion,but Paul Garner showed some pictues of uncoformities at the grand canyon and they are layed on top of each as flat as pancakes.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:47 AM

The thing that points out the layers being laid by the flood is polystrate fossils. I wonder why no one has actually dated one to find out how old they really are? This would prove how long it took for them to be covered.

#5 paereid

paereid

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Manitou Springs, Colorado

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

The thing that points out the layers being laid by the flood is polystrate fossils. I wonder why no one has actually dated one to find out how old they really are? This would prove how long it took for them to be covered.

View Post

I'm new to these discussions. Could someone explain to me what a prostrate fossil is? I'm so glad I found this site. Honest dialogues between people of opposing views are wonderful to learn from! :D

#6 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:35 PM

Polystrate fossils are fossils that are usually standing vertically through several geologic layers.Trees are hardly able to stand up verticaly for tens of millions of years while sediment slowly builds up around them.

Heres a link showing some examples.
www.earthage.org/polystrate/Fossil%20Trees%20of%20Nova%20Scotia.htm

#7 MRC_Hans

MRC_Hans

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Denmark

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:10 AM

Polystrate fossils are fossils that are usually standing vertically through several geologic layers.Trees are hardly able to stand up verticaly for tens of millions of years while sediment slowly builds up around them.

Heres a link showing some examples.
www.earthage.org/polystrate/Fossil%20Trees%20of%20Nova%20Scotia.htm

View Post

This is called the fallacy of the excluded middle. So if trees cannot stand for tens of millions of years, the polystrata fossils must have been created in a matter of months? What about some centuries??

As we all know, trees can stand for several thousand years, but they can last even longer if they were fossilized first. We know of several cases of petrified forests.

http://en.wikipedia..../Petrified_wood

Obviously, such a formation can be buried during a secondary sedimentation period, causing us to now find the tree fossils (and other fossils) extending trough many sedimentation layers.

Hans

#8 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:00 PM

Have you ever seen polystrate fossils through the middle of a coal layer?I find it very unlikely that a fossil can turn to coal,it must have happened before it fossilized.

I'm going to be mapping out some sites in the future and see if i can correlate them with volcanic erruptions.I noticed that yellowstone is well known for polystrate fossils and as we all know it's also well known as one of the biggest volcanoes in North America.

Thanks.

#9 digitalartist

digitalartist

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • New York, NY

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

View Post

Spirit lake Washington has a good example of polystrate fossils in the making. Some trees that sank vertically into the lake when mt st helens erupted 28 years ago. It will take a very long time for them to be completely submerged in silt and become a part of the landscape. Polystrate fossils can therefore be created slowly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users