Newcomer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Alabama

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

Hi all!

I guess I could have come on the boards, simply as "Jeff;" but was sure the obvious handle for a name that common would already taken. I picked "JudgeJeff," because it is a nice alliteration which reminds me that we should solemnly and prayerfully test (judge) every idea which tries to invade our minds on such an important subject as CvE and the reliability of God's Word.

I found this forum, while surfing for some material on a creation talk. (I will post my question on that topic in a separate thread.) I found the site by reading a thread in a forum which disdains the creationist point of view. The thread starter was a theistic evolutionist who wanted to see how creationists really think. When I saw the disgust heaped upon the pointer to this forum (and other links) by the responders, I thought, "Wow! Maybe this link will point to the right place for me!"

So, here I am. I was dragged out of Gnosticism and into Christianity, about 24 years ago, kicking and screaming; because the evidence for creation (and therefore a Creator) is, in my opinion, overwhelming.

Hmmm.... evidently my choices on the questionaire have labeled me for all to see: Creationist. I would have chosen "Young Earth Creationist;" but, honestly, don't know if that term is loaded with baggage I want to carry. For the record, I do believe that plaet Earth was created from nothing or from a formless mudball, in 6x24 = 144 hours, approximately 6,000 years ago. If that makes me a "Young Earth Creationist," I will wear the label proudly.

Taking Fred's note as good advice, I do not intend to debate with anyone, here; because I -DO- believe it would be a waste of my time. I would like, however to network with folks who might be able to point me to material I know exists (cause I've seen it) but which sources I can not seem to "re-find." Hopefully I will also find the opportunity to return the favor to this community.

I do a periodic talk at church, wherein the theme I have chosen is "Why I Believe." In these very short (~10-15 minute) talks, I give tidbits of reasons why believe the Bible is more accurate on origins than the collection of products amassed by historical bioligists. I usually give a friendly reminder that my talking points are why **I** believe; and that the audience can believe what they want. Still, I am often asked for references, and hate to disappoint.

Well, that is quite enough running off at the mouth, for now. I am looking forward to my journey, here.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Basically. to be a YEC, you also have to believe that the Bible is literally true from beginning to end.

That the flood was a world wide flood.

That it was possible for humans and dinosaurs to exist.

And that the earth was created in 6 days and is around 6,000 years old for actual time passage.

Now that is full belief in YEC. The least you could believe and still be YEC is this:

The earth is 6,000 years old, and was created in 6 days. This is the basic foundation of YEC. We are Biblical literalist and choose to have faith over evidence. Because that is what God says we should have. God never said don't believe it until you see it.

Because if you actually apply that to evolution. How much would be eliminated that you cannot see? Millions of years of goo to you claimed evolution. The process can never be observed, so just like God, it has to be taken with faith in order to believe it happened.

#3 JudgeJeff

JudgeJeff

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Alabama

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Basically. to be a YEC, you also have to believe that the Bible is literally true from beginning to end.

That the flood was a world wide flood.

That it was possible for humans and dinosaurs to exist.

And that the earth was created in 6 days and is around 6,000 yesrs old for actual time passage.

Now that is full belief in YEC...

Thank you for the welcome.

I believe you intended to say humans and dinosaurs 'co-exist' (and, yes, I believe they did, based, if for no other reason, on the account in Job).

Based on your description, I believe that would make me the "full belief" flavor of YEC.

There is that part, in the beginning of the Genesis account, which says that the Spirit of God hovered over the face of the deep (also translated 'abyss'), which offers the possibility that a "formless and void" rock/mudball pre-dated the first day of the week. I do not think that disqualifies me, since I believe that God either spoke the abyss into existence on the first day, or could have.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:06 AM

Make sure to read the rules. We run this forum different from most. For we try and keep debates fair and balanced, even though it seems impossible. We don't have a whole lot of active members because we don't tolerate bad attitudes from either side. Heated debates are okay as long as they don't get out of hand and the debatees listen when the mods or admins say cool it. Bashing one another is not okay.

We could have over 1000 active members by now, but we would be like every other forum that debates EvsC. And where is the fun in that? It is quality in the debate we are after, not quanity.

So if you are looking for debates that are different from the normal bash and call each other names, you are at the right place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users