Habakkuk 2:19

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_92g_*

Guest_92g_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:26 AM

Reading through Hababkkuk, I found an great passage about idolotry.

HAB 2:18 ¶ "What profit is the idol when its maker has carved it, Or an image, a teacher of falsehood? For its maker trusts in his own handiwork When he fashions speechless idols.
HAB 2:19 "Woe to him who says to a piece of wood, 'Awake!' To a dumb stone, 'Arise!' And that is your teacher? Behold, it is overlaid with gold and silver, And there is no breath at all inside it.

If that's not a condemnation of abiogenesis, I don't now what is....

That's what the moleculor biologist says "Arise amino-acids, Live!".

Terry

#2 Dave

Dave

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Central California

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:40 PM

Terry

View Post

Hi Terry,

That's a good catch. Thanks.

And I do believe it is right on. Evolution is definitely an idol, a false god to its adherents.

Dave

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:02 PM

Terry

View Post

Hi Terry,

I think that's interesting. Where do you think the threshold of life is? I mean, we've decided that anything that self replicates (biomechanically) is life but is this biblical? The Bible talks about the breath of life but can it be extrapolated that only things that breathe are alive, and if so breathe what?

I’ve been pondering this for a while and I’m just wondering if we approach this wrong because even if scientists would generate a self-replicating biomass (as improbable as that is) would it be fair to call it life from a biblical stance?

Let’s go one step further. Is it fair to say that plants aren’t alive? If death is an enemy then a dying plant or an eaten plant can’t be considered taking life because plants don’t have life to begin with. I guess, I want to call all plants and other organisms without the breath of life (which may need defined) as self replicating food sources.

What do you think? :blink:

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:07 PM

Terry

View Post

HAB 2:18 ¶ "What profit is the idol when its maker has carved it, Or an image, a teacher of falsehood? For its maker trusts in his own handiwork When he fashions speechless idols.
HAB 2:19 "Woe to him who says to a piece of wood, 'Awake!' To a dumb stone, 'Arise!' And that is your teacher? Behold, it is overlaid with gold and silver, And there is no breath at all inside it.

LOL, that's funny. It seems that no matter how smart evolutionists deem themselves to be in what they claim or say. God's word already knew it was going to happen and coments on that several thousands years before it even happens.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

Here is another one:

deut 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

#6 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

Here is another one:

deut 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

View Post

Those are interesting verses. I think what is before it shows that there is nothing new in the heart of worldly man.

(Deut 32:16-17)

16 They provoked Him to jealousy with foreign gods; With abominations they provoked Him to anger. 17 They sacrificed to demons, not to God, To gods they did not know, To new gods, new arrivals That your fathers did not fear.

Well, of course Darwinian evolution is true it's been around for 150 years! However, that Bible is too old to be taken seriously.

Everytime someone is convinced of ultimate godless Evolution a new god is born, themselves. Evolution and the New Age movement fit hand and glove. Abraham Maslow would be proud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users