• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

Hi Everyone,

My brother and I were discussing Kent H*vind's unfair jail sentence. Does anybody have the best avenue for being active in voicing our concerns that what happened to him was an atrocity that should not be ignored? I know he has been in prison now for going on two years, but now that things are starting to quiet down, it would be a good time to speak up again.

I wrote to him one time while in jail and I think I’m overdue to remind him of my support. I would encourage anyone else who has time to send him a letter or a token of support.

Any, up to date information, would be appreciated. I will probably call his office for details. If I find anything out would it be okay to post it here?

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:53 PM

H*vind may have had good intentions. And I owe part of me becoming involved in creation due to his ministry. But H*vind choose not to pay Ceasar (the government). You cannot do that and expect not to get into trouble. I may not agree also with paying taxes, but I know better than to get caught up in a no win situation. It's foolish. And he almost destroyed his ministry because he was more worried about being right on the issue, instead of looking at what was more important. Which was the people who supported him.

He made a mistake that he will have to pay for. I have no problem forgiving him or supporting his ministry. But when people allow their pride to get in the way of correct decisions, this is what will happen. And his whole family has had to suffer as well.

As far as what you ask, Fred will have to answer that one.

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

Did you ever see "America: Freedom to Fascism"?

http://video.google....sso&hl=en&dur=3

#4 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

H*vind may have had good intentions. And I owe part of me becoming involved in creation due to his ministry. But H*vind choose not to pay Ceasar (the government). You cannot do that and expect not to get into trouble. I may not agree also with paying taxes, but I know better than to get caught up in a no win situation. It's foolish. And he almost destroyed his ministry because he was more worried about being right on the issue, instead of looking at what was more important. Which was the people who supported him.

He made a mistake that he will have to pay for. I have no problem forgiving him or supporting his ministry. But when people allow their pride to get in the way of correct decisions, this is what will happen. And his whole family has had to suffer as well.

As far as what you ask, Fred will have to answer that one.

View Post

I agree, what he did was irresponsible and reckless. But I will say, his sentence was completely unfair (something like 10 years?). Liberals let murderers and child molestors off with far less.

I will try to get an update from someone I know who is close to H*vind. I have heard he has done quite a bit of effective witnessing while in prison.

Fred

#5 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

Remember,one of the worst mistakes Satan ever made was to lock the apostle Paul in prison for two years.All he did was give Paul two years to write the majority of the New Testament...Stupid devil.

#6 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

Remember,one of the worst mistakes Satan ever made was to lock the apostle Paul in prison for two years.All he did was give Paul two years to write the majority of the New Testament...Stupid devil.

View Post

Satan is not stupid but he is impetuous.

I am looking forward to H*vind's work after he's out of jail. Maybe, those rough edges that Ikester was talking about will be smoothed off.

#7 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:20 PM

I agree, what he did was irresponsible and reckless. But I will say, his sentence was completely unfair (something like 10 years?). Liberals let murderers and child molestors off with far less.

I will try to get an update from someone I know who is close to H*vind. I have heard he has done quite a bit of effective witnessing while in prison.

Fred

View Post

Thanks, Fred. Anytime, I've ordered stuff through his ministry I've always asked and I haven't ordered anything for a few months. I'm sure he's being used mightily. He seems like the type that can take lemons and make lemonade. :)

#8 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

Satan is not stupid but he is impetuous.

I am looking forward to H*vind's work after he's out of jail. Maybe, those rough edges that Ikester was talking about will be smoothed off.

View Post

I struggle with that one myself. Satan must have a lot of smarts, and more knowledge than I can even imagine. But he still does some mighty stupid things - there's no getting around it.

#9 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:32 AM

I struggle with that one myself. Satan must have a lot of smarts, and more knowledge than I can even imagine. But he still does some mighty stupid things - there's no getting around it.

View Post

When you set yourself up in opposition to the one who made you. Your existence becomes a foundational contradiction:

You want life without a life source. No source of life = no life
You want your own truth separated from the truth which = a lie

When God's plan for redemption was a suffering Messiah that would take on the sins of the world, a physical person (The Word made flesh) in time that embodied everything of God's divinity, Satan had the ultimate opportunity to pretend the part of his deepest lust, to kill God. He couldn't resist and God knew this perfectly.

The nature of our salvation in the dying and resurrected Messiah, Our Emanuel, Jesus Christ, is so unusual to our corrupted sinful minds that only God could Have known that this was the way to redeem His lost sheep.

16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Jesus, has given us perfect direction as believers in a lost world but the most profound thing He did was not to teach us how to be good. He came here to deal with sin the only way such darkness can be dealt with, He thrust His light directly into the heart of Satan's core. The darkness cannot deal with light, it must flee. Jesus destroyed sin from the inside out.

#10 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:36 AM

Fred

View Post

If I get the info from H*vind's ministry and get their permission to post it here. Can I get your blessing to do so?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users