Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

I'm posting a look at creation offered by my older sibling. I received his permission to post this and hopefully if this receives some interesting feedback, he'll join us in the discussion.

OK.  Here's my theory.  (I've never quite heard it described this way so I'm taking credit for it.)

Let's start with Vs 1:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

The common understanding is that God created the skies and the globe we reside on. I think what it really means is God created the 3 dimensions of space, and matter. You see, in the infinite, where God resides, there are no dimensions, thus God is dimensionless. Out of infinity, He encapsulated a small sub-set that we call the Universe and bound it in its finite box. Then he filled it with matter...those atomic and sub-atomic particles that everything is made of. Read on...

2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters

I love the term "formless and void". It so aptly describes what matter looks like when it’s void of one thing...energy. Note the state of darkness...

3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

I'm convinced this isn't just referring to the visible spectrum of light but the entire electro-magnetic spectrum. I've heard that a more proper translation is that God said, "Light from Me come forth..." I think that's an important distinction. Put simply, God infused the lifeless matter with his energy...which is what electro-magnetism is. Now go back to the second verse and that "Formless and void" description. I can think of no better two word description for a black hole, which is essentially energy-less matter. Read on...

4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Of course the light was good...it was a part of God. Here things get really interesting. When God separates the light from darkness, another component of our finite universe emerges...time. You see, up until now, the creation process took place in the realm of eternity...before time...in the beginning. Not until the end of the first day does God start the clock rolling, and he does this by manipulating energy and the lack there-of. This has significance to quantum physics in ways that my puny mind cannot understand. Einstein came up with some of the relations between time, the speed of light, etc. and even postulated that black holes even absorb light and time...hence the theories of wormholes. If I was smart enough, I would try to dissect all the implications of this one verse, but alas, I have to put bread on the table and such…

6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven.  So the evening and the morning were the second day.

This is when God actually pulls some of the matter together and creates the globe we call earth and separates it from the rest of the universe. I like the way He refers to it as water. Hydrogen and Oxygen make up the vast majority of the elements in the Universe. Maybe at one time (at least for the second day) it actually took the form of water.

9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

At this point God organizes the clump of matter that he wants to make Earth out of to look like what we know. This is on the 3rd day and puts to rest all the "Gap Theory" speculations about the dinosaurs living in the mythical gap between the 1st and second verse. There was no Earth for it to take place until verse 9 and 10. Now there is geological evidence that this took place in one day. There are present in granite radioactive halos that we can not reproduce by melting and re-solidifying Granite. Actually, the resultant mineral doesn't resemble granite. Granite is not igneous, as we are taught. It had to be formed by some other means that we have not been able to reproduce, but a long cooling period can not explain it.

11 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.

That's it for new revelation but the following two verses enforce a good point. Notice that God creates vegetation...

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.

...and waits until the next day to create the stars, moon and Sun. This was done to confound the "Day-Agers". I don't think the plants would have survived long without the Sun. Also, this is when visible light is separated from the spectrum...not on Day one, an important distinction, I believe. As an aside, the amount of time it takes the light of distant stars to reach the Earth, and the fact that we can see them, is one of the very few geo-chronometers that Old Earthers rely on. But Dr. Kennedy made the wise observation that since God created them to be signs, He obviously not only created them, but made them already visible. This is easily demonstrated by the fact that every night we don't see more stars.

Now jump ahead to chapter 2, Vs 15:

15 Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

Well we know that Adam did and still lived for another 900 odd years. Of course there was the spiritual side of his death but I believe it goes way further than that. God said "...on that day", and I believe that on that day God removed His Light...His regenerative energy from the universe and set into motion the laws of entropy in an unbridled fashion. Essentially, our universe has existed on the residual energy from that day, and is running down. Of course, Jesus will return before it runs down and recharge it when He creates the New Jerusalem and again it will be Good!

What I found most interesting is that not only is this feasible and logical in light of our present understanding of science, but that it was penned by a guy who spent the first 40 years of his life steeped in Egyptian Mythology, the next 40 years tending his father-in-law's sheep, and the last 40 years tending God's obstinate, chosen people. The amount of simple truth and solid fact contained in those few verses could not have been anything but inspired.

I enjoyed this perspective. One of the things that always troubled me was the concept that earth had an unmovable foundation but heaven and earth shall pass away. This perspective resolves the issue in a unique way. Basically God will rearrange the current fallen state of the universe so there will be a new heaven and a new earth but the finite universe and the beings that have been given dominion have an eternal promise from an infinite creator...

#2 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

I have an issue with this. The God of the bible is being described as light. Or the light of the world. Is he light? Or did he create light and somehow take on that quality? I'm sure you can understand how confusing this is.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Here is my take on this. Before God can create anything, 3 things (a trinity) are needed. Time, space, and matter.

1) In the beginning = time.
2) Heaven (there are three heavens) = space.
3) Earth = matter.

2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

In the creation, there is only one created life that God said He "formed" from the ground, and with His own hands. And that was man. And the word void just means empty. So the earth was without form (man), and void (empty).

Now notice that it is also said that water was on the earth. Water also has 2 trinities. It takes 3 molecules to make. And comes in three forms (solid, liquid, and gas). All the water being on top of the earth means that all land under the water was one piece. This is the first stage of what is know in science as the pangea. When the current water upon the surface goes under the crust, the first expansion takes place and a super continent will exist. The water from the flood expanded it again to what we see now.

What the light was here is explained in Revelation 21:

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

1) No sun and no moon is the same exact situation in creation.
2) What produces the light when no sun or moon exists? The glory of God.
3) What is the substance of that light? Not photons, but the lamb (Christ).
4) Can that light substain life? The nations that are saved shall walk in it.
5) Why did the first light have to be separated? Because God's light contains no darkness (1 John 1:5).
6) Why did God use spiritual light instead of physical light? This is because His creation was taking place o both sides (spiritual and physical). In the spiritual realm of things, light has the meaning of good, and darkness has the meaning of evil. So by separating the light on the spiritual side, God was creating the bounderies between heaven and hell. And on the physical side, separating the light created night and day.

And before we go any further, here is the verse that confirms there are three heavens.

2cor 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

What are the three heavens? Heavens in the Bible do not always refer to where God is. Heaven is a term used to discribe the different realms (spiritual and physical). And the three realms (heavens) are:

1) Physical, where we live and it contains both light and darkness.
2) Spiritual darkness, where Satan and the fallen angels are.
3) Spiritual light, the Heaven where God, the Son, and the angels are.

Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

The part above this verse explains it. Naming the four parts of a day, is just confirming that it was a 24 hour day.

Genesis 1:6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

There are three firmaments.

1) Our atmosphere, because the Bible says that birds fly in the firmament.
2) Our solar sytem and space, because God placed lights (planets) in the firmament.
3) And the ground, because we have the earth's crust that separates the water above from the water below.

9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

This was the first expansion of the crust I spoke of earlier. Second comes with the flood.

11 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.

Now by the second day, God has made everything needed to support life. And on the third day (three being the number of life) God creates the first life.

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.

Here we see confirmation that stars and planets are created and place in the firmament called space.

etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users