• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

[FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=green]Greetings to everyone, I normally don't get too involved when talking about the Lord in discussing issues, not because I don't feel strongly-I do-but I've always relied more on testimony and prayerful scripture quotes, furthermore I am not an academic having had a secondary education, that does not bother me, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. But people walk around so puffed up and conceited whereas God says of them they are fools. What I do is poetry, both ordinary and a little bit of spiritual. Now I just did a powem called Thankless which to me is the chief grief about evolutionism and the poem is a short treatise agin evolution. I have a reasonable readership almost entirely non-christian so I've been scouring the net to see how the arguments for and agin go to see how my little treatise bears up. Thats how I found this site. I am not usually this long winded you'll be pleased to know. :P
My Webpage

#2 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

Hi and welcome.

As with any forum that's been around a while, there is a good deal of information in some of the older threads here. Some of the new ones are outstanding also, but I like to point out from time to time the ease with which we can overlook some real gems.

Anyhow, I hope you'll have an enjoyable and profitable time here.

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6579 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

Welcome the totton linnet,

Us creationists need your prayers.

Sometimes we like to argue and forget that Jesus is in charge.

Adam

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:58 AM

Welcome to the forums.

#5 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:43 AM

[FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=green]Thanks for warm welcome, yes I've already had a little skim thru' some of the debates. :blink:

#6 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:49 AM

Hope this is not a funny place to put this but I expect to be off line after tomorrow for a little while till I get fixed up with a new service provider, the deal I've got at the mo expires on Tuesday. Might be able to pop into the library for an hour occasionally, SO if you don't see me around for a bit that's why-take care everyone God bless, see you soon. Suz ;)

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

Hi,

When use code to make text different. You also have to use what is called the end of the code.

[FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=green]Thanks for warm welcome, yes I've already had a little skim thru' some of the debates.[/font] [/size] [/color]

Now the three code commands you used were:

1) font
2) size
3) color

Putting those words in brackets [ ] tells the forum program what to do and where to "start" doing it.

Putting a forward slash / is the end command. For every code word used a end command most also be used. So you would have: Font, size, and color with a slash inside the brackets. Which would make your sentence look like this:

Thanks for warm welcome, yes I've already had a little skim thru' some of the debates.

Now what you are doing wrong when you press the code button is that you have to highlight the area you want the code to work in. Highlighting then pressing the code button for what code you want makes the forum program put a beginning code and a ending code.

If you don't highlight before you hit the code button. You have to put the blinking cursor at the beginning, click once. And where you want to code to end you put the blinking cursor there and click once and the end code is entered.

But it just easier to highlight the area you want the code to cover and click it.

Since this is your welcome thread, you can practice here and I will delete when you are finished.

#8 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hi,

When use code to make text different. You also have to use what is called the end of the code.

[FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=green]Thanks for warm welcome, yes I've already had a little skim thru' some of the debates.[/font] [/size] [/color]
Now the three code commands you used were:

1) font
2) size
3) color

Putting those words in brackets [ ] tells the forum program what to do and where to "start" doing it.

Putting a forward slash / is the end command. For every code word used a end command most also be used. So you would have: Font, size, and color with a slash inside the brackets. Which would make your sentence look like this:

Thanks for warm welcome, yes I've already had a little skim thru' some of the debates.

Now what you are doing wrong when you press the code button is that you have to highlight the area you want the code to work in. Highlighting then pressing the code button for what code you want makes the forum program put a beginning code and a ending code.

If you don't highlight before you hit the code button. You have to put the blinking cursor at the beginning, click once. And where you want to code to end you put the blinking cursor there and click once and the end code is entered.

But it just easier to highlight the area you want the code to cover and click it.

Since this is your welcome thread, you can practice here and I will delete when you are finished.

View Post

[FONT=Arial][color=purple]
I see, um not :rolleyes: but Ike I've run out of time for a while, my contract ends at mid-night, when I get back I will do this-I've never understood it. Thanks see you soon :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users