• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

See Susanne
I was brought up Roman Catholic, I had fallen away from church by the time I was twelve but I still believed in God and the gospels in-so-far as I understood them although I did not know Him-I often when I saw birds flying overhead gliding and soaring on the wing thought they might be angels watching over mankind and reporting back to God, i.e. God was remote and I had no concept of the Holy Spirit. When I was 14 a friend of mine who was a christian gave me a book to read which intrigued me, she also invited me along to a "revival" meeting. I wanted to see these crazy christians so I went along and attended the after-meeting but to everyone's disappointment would not pray to commit my life to the Lord. I simply could not grasp the concept of Jesus coming into my heart-how could that be? Catholics are taught to believe that Christ is in the sacrament and we recieve Him with communion.
They packed me off with their prayers and with a magazine, pointing out to me the all important prayer-should I change my mind.
When I got home I put the magazine aside but it bugged me, it seemed to be always in the corner of my eye. I put it in the magazine rack but still it caught my eye, I lifted up the telly and slid the mag underneath and settled down to watch a programmne but my eyes were riveted to the bottom of the set.
I went out thinking about it and came back to my room later that night and went to bed thinking about that magazine.
The next morning I woke up bright and the first thought I had was I must pray that prayer today.
I dressed quickly and got the magazine out and kneeled down to pray. I had no difficulty understanding that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world but here was personal, I thanked Him that He died bearing away my sins and I got to the famous part "I ask You Lord Jesus to come into my heart" and I did not need to pray any more than that although it was a long prayer. I jumped to my feet jumping and clapping for pure glee, I got saved, the Holy Spirit was so mighty in my little room that I could not sleep for nights for wave upon wave of joy that just washed over me.
People say that the bible is unprovable, I refute that, if you do what God tells you to do in the bible He will always do what He has promised to do. It's just because people do not do what the bible says that it remains just a book to them. From the apostles time down to this very day untold millions have proved this to be true. And as diverse a people as they are, separated by centuries, s@x,culture education, age and a whole stack of other things, the testimony is the same. Perhaps at a meeting or like me in my room with not a soul around they come to the cross, their sins are washed away and they recieve new life from Jesus.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

Glad to hear you got saved and had such an experience. Welcome to the body of Christ. :)

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

Thank you, for sharing that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic