Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6998 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:37 PM

I sent this message to someone a while ago about quoting stuff and what happens depending in how you use the code.

If you have any additional questions, ask them and it will help add clarity to this little tutorial.

These examples have to do with how to maintain the link button and the quote author from quote to quote. Here is basically what you will see when you hit the reply button:

[quote=de_skudd,Dec 31 2008, 11:48 PM]It’s the circular reasoning of evolution… Or maybe the evolution of circular reasoning. I think evolutionists would gain a lot of creditability if they would admit to the many faith statements built into their model.[right][snapback]22834[/snapback][/right][/quote]

If you keep all this stuff:

[quote=de_skudd,Dec 31 2008, 11:48 PM]...[right][snapback]22834[/snapback][/right][/quote]

instead of just this...

[quote]...[/quote]

...the quote says who it was and that nifty little orange arrow on the right is a link back to the original content.

It’s the circular reasoning of evolution… Or maybe the evolution of circular reasoning. I think evolutionists would gain a lot of creditability if they would admit to the many faith statements built into their model.

View Post

However if you do this alone:

[quote]It’s the circular reasoning of evolution… Or maybe the evolution of circular reasoning. I think evolutionists would gain a lot of creditability if they would admit to the many faith statements built into their model.[/quote]

You only get this and no nifty arrow:

It’s the circular reasoning of evolution… Or maybe the evolution of circular reasoning. I think evolutionists would gain a lot of creditability if they would admit to the many faith statements built into their model.

If you want to break up a quote. cut and paste all the info and each quote will have the author and its own nifty link arrow on the right:

[quote=de_skudd,Dec 31 2008, 11:48 PM]It’s the circular reasoning of evolution…[right][snapback]22834[/snapback][/right][/quote]

[quote=de_skudd,Dec 31 2008, 11:48 PM]Or maybe the evolution of circular reasoning. I think evolutionists would gain a lot of creditability if they would admit to the many faith statements built into their model.[right][snapback]22834[/snapback][/right][/quote]

like this...

It’s the circular reasoning of evolution…

View Post

Or maybe the evolution of circular reasoning. I think evolutionists would gain a lot of creditability if they would admit to the many faith statements built into their model.

View Post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users