trilobite

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • illinois

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:35 AM

Let me just say that I am here to learn some discipline and maybe find some new answers and ideas. I read the 'christians read this first' and I am guilty of falling into the debate traps. I hate 'wasted time' guilt. I grew up believing in Christ but had never read the Bible. Public school infected my mind with evolution and for many years my beliefs have been a disgusting stew of new age, darwinian, and Christian chunks. I was not aware of intelligent ideas in favour of the Creation. When I was twenty three my heart stopped beating and I found out there was a God and what Jesus had done for me even though I was not a serious Christian. I found out that the sting of death is sin and that Jesus was the reason God forgave me and saved me. That is a whole other story. It was only a few years ago that I found a book entitled 'Evolution: guilty as charged' on my fathers bookshelf. That's what started my Creation fire. A young Christian turned me onto H*vind last summer and was unaware of the trouble he was in. Now I am fine tooth combing what information I can comprehend so I can share with others that I meet along life's journey. I have a problem of pitbulling evolutionists that I know darned well will not listen to what I am saying. I am afraid that I am pushing them farther from the truth. My passion and eagerness are undisciplined and I rarely pray before speaking. I hope to learn something here. I would rather be called a cretard than proclaim 'I am an accident!' Thanks.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:59 AM

Welcome to the boards, hope you learn a lot while here and maybe pick this as a home of continued learning. At this forum we try to debate not only the normal debate subjects, but also stuff that normally does not get debated concerning creation and evolution.

In my signature there are 2 links that go to the creation wiki. I think you will find them quite interesting in your learning process on the creation and evolution subject.

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:41 AM

Hi Trilobite,

:lol: We have two Trilobites here. Well, actually we have a Trilobite and a Trilobyte. I thought you guys were supposed to be extinct? :lol:

Welcome aboard the boards!

Adam

#4 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

Hi Trilobite,

:lol:  We have two Trilobites here. Well, actually we have a Trilobite and a Trilobyte. I thought you guys were supposed to be extinct?  :lol:

View Post

They're not extinct - just uppity. They could go by horseshoe crab *, you know. :lol:

Welcome T-bite. I always advocate reading through the older threads. Just because something isn't being discussed currently doesn't mean you can't learn from it. That's why some of the topics get pinned, after all.

* I haven't thoroughly researched this. HS Crab = trilobite may not be true, so look into it before accepting/adopting it.

#5 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

* I haven't thoroughly researched this. HS Crab = trilobite may not be true, so look into it before accepting/adopting it.

View Post

Do we have any good old threads here about trilobites?... I'm gonna go look.

#6 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

Let me just say that I am here to learn some discipline and maybe find some new answers and ideas. I read the 'christians read this first' and I am guilty of falling into the debate traps. I hate 'wasted time' guilt. I grew up believing in Christ but had never read the Bible. Public school infected my mind with evolution and for many years my beliefs have been a disgusting stew of new age, darwinian, and Christian chunks. I was not aware of intelligent ideas in favour of the Creation. When I was twenty three my heart stopped beating and I found out there was a God and what Jesus had done for me even though I was not a serious Christian. I found out that the sting of death is sin and that Jesus was the reason God forgave me and saved me. That is a whole other story. It was only a few years ago that I found a book entitled 'Evolution: guilty as charged' on my fathers bookshelf. That's what started my Creation fire. A young Christian turned me onto H*vind last summer and was unaware of the trouble he was in. Now I am fine tooth combing what information I can comprehend so I can share with others that I meet along life's journey. I have a problem of pitbulling evolutionists that I know darned well will not listen to what I am saying. I am afraid that I am pushing them farther from the truth. My passion and eagerness are undisciplined and I rarely pray before speaking. I hope to learn something here. I would rather be called a cretard than proclaim 'I am an accident!' Thanks.

View Post

Howdy and a warm welcome to you. :lol:

#7 Preachbill

Preachbill

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Preaching the Word, FlightSimming.
  • Christian
  • Michigan

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

Welcome to the boards totton..pull up a chair and hop in on the boards....

#8 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

Welcome to the boards totton..pull up a chair and hop in on the boards....

View Post

Posted Image

#9 falcone

falcone

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Scotland

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

Welcome aboard Trilobite - from one of the bad guys! See? We're not always mean and nasty :lol:

#10 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:39 AM

Welcome Trilobite, I hope you enjoy yourself here!

#11 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:58 AM

Welcome to the boards trilobite :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic