Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

I had the privilege of meeting Dr. Duane Gish yesterday at Peter's Creek Baptist Church. I asked Fred Williams if he could recommend a local Group that I could join and he told me about Pittsburgh's Creation Science Fellowship. It just so happened that they were going to be hosting Dr. Gish and I decided to buy some tickets to go meet him and get to know the group. It was an honor to meet both Dr. Gish and the group that was hosting him.

Attached File  Duane_Gish.jpg   1.24MB   22 downloads

I asked Dr. Gish how he felt about the way things have changed since he first started. He was very enthusiastic about how the creation science movement has been maturing and coming into its own over the course of his career.

#2 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:15 AM

I had the privilege of meeting Dr. Duane Gish yesterday at Peter's Creek Baptist Church. I asked Fred Williams if he could recommend a local Group that I could join and he told me about Pittsburgh's Creation Science Fellowship. It just so happened that they were going to be hosting Dr. Gish and I decided to buy some tickets to go meet him and get to know the group. It was an honor to meet both Dr. Gish and the group that was hosting him.

I asked Dr. Gish how he felt about the way things have changed since he first started. He was very enthusiastic about how the creation science movement has been maturing and coming into its own over the course of his career.

View Post

That's pretty cool Adam :rolleyes:

#3 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:55 AM

There's a man who's debunked his share of lies. At least two of the earliest books I read on creation science were authored by Dr. Gish. He's one of my favourites. Then again, whoever brings you a truth first gets a bit of a head start for that reason alone.

#4 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

There's a man who's debunked his share of lies. At least two of the earliest books I read on creation science were authored by Dr. Gish. He's one of my favourites. Then again, whoever brings you a truth first gets a bit of a head start for that reason alone.

View Post

How true CTD,

And the attacks against Dr. Gish remind me of some of the vitriol being pushed against truth at this forum. It puts me in mind of the naysayers in Mark 5:36-40. The one’s who only see the naturalistic, and refuse to open their eyes to the metaphysic as well. They’ll laugh and scoff at what they refuse to understand. They only see what they want to see. Yet they look with the eyes God designed, and think with the brain God provided, but they reason with the mind they cannot explain, all the while using the principles logic and reason they cannot physically measure…

What a conundrum man is, he weighs the brain but cannot fathom the thought!

#5 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

View Post

There's a coupla Jesus smiles for you :lol:

#6 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

View Post

Which one is Dr. Gish? :lol:

Just Kidding.

#7 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:16 AM

Which one is Dr. Gish? :D

Just Kidding.

View Post

I was thinking he was the one on the left (but I could be wrong :lol: )... But that would mean Adam has led a hard life :lol:

oh well, I guess we'll have wait an see :lol:

#8 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

I was thinking he was the one on the left (but I could be wrong  :lol:  )... But that would mean Adam has led a hard life  :lol:
oh well, I guess we'll have wait an see  :lol:

View Post

Now I was far too polite for all that, but it did pass through my mind though :D

#9 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

You know I'm 32 years old and I'm the youngest out of ten kids. The only person in the family that has more gray hair than me is Judy and she's the oldest. I take it as a compliment. :lol:

#10 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

You know I'm 32 years old and I'm the youngest out of ten kids. The only person in the family that has more gray hair than me is Judy and she's the oldest. I take it as a compliment. :o

View Post

You look very handsome Adam, nothing a few sit-ups wouldn't put right :o :)

#11 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

Now I was far too polite for all that, but it did pass through my mind though  :o

View Post

:o

#12 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

You look very handsome Adam, nothing a few sit-ups wouldn't put right  :)  :)

View Post

Thank you. That's what my wife says. :o :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users