#1 Tico

Tico

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Virginia

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

I wanted to know how many of you guys hold doors open for ladies etc..?
As for ladies Do you like it when they do acts such as these?

I don't call boys.... It is just something I don't do...anywhos I was talking with someone about this and it lead to talking about holding doors, giving up chairs, avoiding "certain situations" etc... then I was told I needed to rebel, I was being bound by invisible people, screw everyone over thirty, and I am a fail teenager..... B) I love people

#2 oliver

oliver

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Christian
  • Brittany, France

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

Well I do; but I might do it for men as well. Courtesy is one of the things that makes life easier and more pleasant for everyone

I don't call boys.... It is just something I don't do...anywhos I was talking with someone about this and it lead to talking about holding doors, giving up chairs, avoiding "certain situations" etc... then I was told I needed to rebel, I was being bound by invisible people, screw everyone over thirty, and I am a fail teenager..... B) I love people

View Post

Modern culture paints rebellion and discourtesy as freedom. In fact it tries to lead you into slavery.

Everyone who sins is a slave to sin. "Do you not know that if you present yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or obedience resulting in righteousness?" - Romans 6:16
[Jesus] "whose service is perfect freedom." - Anglican Book of Common Prayer
"Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft." - 1 Samuel 15:23

#3 oliver

oliver

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Christian
  • Brittany, France

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

I like your photos, Tico.

#4 Tico

Tico

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Christian
  • Virginia

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

As for ladies Do you like it when they do acts such as these?

View Post

Well I do; but I might do it for men as well.  Courtesy is one of the things that makes life easier and more pleasant for everyone

Modern culture paints rebellion and discourtesy as freedom.  In fact it tries to lead you into slavery.

Everyone who sins is a slave to sin. "Do you not know that if you present yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or obedience resulting in righteousness?" - Romans 6:16
[Jesus] "whose service is perfect freedom." - Anglican Book of Common Prayer
"Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft." - 1 Samuel 15:23

View Post

Everyone around me always does these things...I thought it was odd. Such as making a lady walk on the side of the street with the cars...

Oh thanks I am going to the camera store tonight to buy film and then I should have new ones soon.

#5 oliver

oliver

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Christian
  • Brittany, France

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

Everyone around me always does these things...I thought it was odd. Such as making a lady walk on the side of the street with the cars...

Traditionally, the man would walk on the right, so as to keep his sword arm free.

Oh thanks I am going to the camera store tonight to buy film and then I should have new ones soon.

View Post

I see you have a lot of black and white shots. Do you use B&W film or are they scanned and then altered?

For myself I use a digital camera, which means I don't have to worry about the cost of film and processing. I can afford to take 30 shots and throw all but one away. Here are a few of mine.

#6 Tico

Tico

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Christian
  • Virginia

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:01 PM

Traditionally, the man would walk on the right, so as to keep his sword arm free.

I see you have a lot of black and white shots.  Do you use B&W film or are they scanned and then altered?

For myself I use a digital camera, which means I don't have to worry about the cost of film and processing. I can afford to take 30 shots and throw all but one away.  Here are a few of mine.

View Post

I heard it originated from if the woman was on the side of the street with cares it meant you were selling her :blink:

I use a minolta x-700. It is 16 years old it was bought for taking baby pictures of me...I have only used it 2 times and those are the photos from those 2 times.....I love black and white film :D originals is what they are

#7 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Great pictures, both of you.

Tico, what is F i l m? :blink:

Your question about how I treat women is tough because I don't really treat them any different than anyone else and this is a cultural thing, I guess. I do try to be polite and open doors for people and I would consider myself polite but I don't pay attention to any etiquette.

#8 Tico

Tico

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Christian
  • Virginia

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Great pictures, both of you.

Tico, what is  F i l m?  :blink:

Your question about how I treat women is tough because I don't really treat them any different than anyone else and this is a cultural thing, I guess. I do try to be polite and open doors for people and I would consider myself polite but I don't pay attention to any etiquette.

View Post

ok let's say like if you had a chair and your wife didn't would you give her the seat or continue to sit without even asking?

#9 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

ok let's say like if you had a chair and your wife didn't would you give her  the seat or continue to sit without even asking?

View Post

I will offer my seat. :blink:

#10 Tico

Tico

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Christian
  • Virginia

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

I will offer my seat.  :D

View Post

Perhaps I am old with the door thing....or possible spoiled lol! I have always thought everyone does it :blink:

#11 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

I will offer my seat.  :blink:

View Post

Boarding a crowded bus in Korea, I had an old woman, loaded down with shopping bags vacate her seat for me. Each of us thought the other was a bit crazy.

#12 Tico

Tico

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Christian
  • Virginia

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Boarding a crowded bus in Korea, I had an old woman, loaded down with shopping bags vacate her seat for me. Each of us thought the other was a bit crazy.

View Post

In different countries it is the one who is honored more

#13 oliver

oliver

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Christian
  • Brittany, France

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

In different countries it is the one who is honored more

View Post

I was driving in Greece (on Levkas) and saw an old couple and a donkey trudging up a long hill. The man was on the donkey and the wife walking behind :blink:

There is a long cultural tradition in the West, of which the chivalric attitudes demonstrated in the Arthurian tales are the peak. But they are based on the bible, ultimately

Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her to sanctify her by cleansing her with the washing of the water by the word, so that he may present the church to himself as glorious - not having a stain or wrinkle, or any such blemish, but holy and blameless.  In the same way husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.  For no one has ever hated his own body but he feeds it and takes care of it, just as Christ also does the church, for we are members of his body.

#14 falcone

falcone

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Scotland

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:56 AM

[joke]

It's not worth the risk. On the bus I'd rather see a pregnant woman standing than a fat girl sitting down, crying

[/joke]

:blink:

#15 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:21 AM

I was driving in Greece (on Levkas) and saw an old couple and a donkey trudging up a long hill.  The man was on the donkey and the wife walking behind :D

There is a long cultural tradition in the West, of which the chivalric attitudes demonstrated in the Arthurian tales are the peak.  But they are based on the bible, ultimately

Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her to sanctify her by cleansing her with the washing of the water by the word, so that he may present the church to himself as glorious - not having a stain or wrinkle, or any such blemish, but holy and blameless.  In the same way husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.  For no one has ever hated his own body but he feeds it and takes care of it, just as Christ also does the church, for we are members of his body.

View Post

:blink: The following probably won't help to restore much faith:

Greece
Posted Image

United Kingdom:
Posted Image

The United States of America:
Posted Image

Poland:
Posted Image

Serbia:
Posted Image

#16 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:38 AM

Bex,

You had me rolling on the floor. Wrong but funny. :blink: :D

#17 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:52 AM

Yes, Bex.... You have succeeded in making me laugh... Alot.. bwhahahahahahaha :blink:

#18 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

1.) "There are bandits in these hills. Keep a sharp eye out."
2.) "I mean it! You're not coming out of there 'til you fix my bike."
3.) "I need exercise." "Shoot honey, I need it worse'n you. But go ahead."
4.) "'BYOB' means 'Bring your own beer - not your wife's."
5.) Maybe the term 'wild women' wasn't just made up.

Anyone can invent just-so stories.

#19 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:37 PM

Bex,

You had me rolling on the floor. Wrong but funny.  :lol:  :lol:

View Post

Yes, Bex.... You have succeeded in making me laugh... Alot.. bwhahahahahahaha

:D

I know, I was actually struggling to put them up for laughing, my eyes were blurry with tears and I was wheezing.

#20 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

1.) "There are bandits in these hills. Keep a sharp eye out."
2.) "I mean it! You're not coming out of there 'til you fix my bike."
3.) "I need exercise." "Shoot honey, I need it worse'n you. But go ahead."
4.) "'BYOB' means 'Bring your own beer - not your wife's."
5.) Maybe the term 'wild women' wasn't just made up.

Anyone can invent just-so stories.

View Post

LOL, the captions put alongside those pics could be classic. But seriously, just on their own is a painful, but funny sight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users