ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

I was looking for something to watch when I could not sleep one night. And came across a pbs show called: God in my brain. Or God on my brain. Not sure. But I got curious and watched it. It was basically about a certain type seizures that involve the temporal lobes of the brain. They are rare, and very few people have them (from what I gathered in the show). But what happens with this type of seizure is that it mimics death. And the ones who have been through this have reported seeing what's on the other side on more than one occasion.

One man who looked Arabic, was getting these visions each time he had a seizure. And these visions did not coincide with his current belief. So he researched it to find out which belief fit his visions. To his dismay, he found that it was the Christian belief of heaven and hell. Which is what he saw. He was not happy with this finding because his belief taught him to despise Christians.

And even though he now knew the truth, he ever mentioned converting. He did not have anything positive to say about what he had found. Several others had witnessed the same things in their visions. But the show went on to try and discredit those who wrote the Bible as a bunch of people having visions from seizures. Which is what I expected from a secular promoted station.

But the reason I bring this up is that it confirms what I have been researching about certain atheist-agnostics. They will claim they are searching for truth, but when it is presented to them as a in your face evidence. They still will reject it with no real reason, logic, or rationale except they have already chosen to reject God and would rather die than to ever admit to being wrong on the issue that God does not exist.

For even the show mentioned that to study this may reveal insight into if there is life after death. But I can guarantee that no atheist that I know will spend one dime to do it. But they will pawn it off that the Christian should do this and reject the findings and claim it's not credible.

In my opinion, this is a one chance deal to find people who do not even believe in God, have this problem with seizures. And study a non-bias result. But truth on this matter is not the issue, because if truth were the agenda. Then there would be a line of scientists ready to allow the evidence from this study to help make a conclusion on this question that remains unanswered. But if the test supports what they do not wish to find, then the issue will never be looked into.

I tried to find a link to this show on pbs without any luck. Maybe someone here saw this same show, and maybe leave a link for the rest of us?

#2 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

I'm suprised they did'nt conclude that Christianity must be the cause of the seizures.

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6944 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

I'm suprised they did'nt conclude that Christianity must be the cause of the seizures.

View Post

:lol:

#4 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:43 PM

I was looking for something to watch when I could not sleep one night. And came across a pbs show called: God in my brain. Or God on my brain. Not sure. But I got curious and watched it. It was basically about a certain type seizures that involve the temporal lobes of the brain. They are rare, and very few people have them (from what I gathered in the show). But what happens with this type of seizure is that it mimics death. And the ones who have been through this have reported seeing what's on the other side on more than one occasion.

One man who looked Arabic, was getting these visions each time he had a seizure. And these visions did not coincide with his current belief. So he researched it to find out which belief fit his visions. To his dismay, he found that it was the Christian belief of heaven and hell. Which is what he saw. He was not happy with this finding because his belief taught him to despise Christians.

And even though he now knew the truth, he ever mentioned converting. He did not have anything positive to say about what he had found. Several others had witnessed the same things in their visions. But the show went on to try and discredit those who wrote the Bible as a bunch of people having visions from seizures. Which is what I expected from a secular promoted station.

But the reason I bring this up is that it confirms what I have been researching about certain atheist-agnostics. They will claim they are searching for truth, but when it is presented to them as a in your face evidence. They still will reject it with no real reason, logic, or rationale except they have already chosen to reject God and would rather die than to ever admit to being wrong on the issue that God does not exist.

For even the show mentioned that to study this may reveal insight into if there is life after death. But I can guarantee that no atheist that I know will spend one dime to do it. But they will pawn it off that the Christian should do this and reject the findings and claim it's not credible.

In my opinion, this is a one chance deal to find people who do not even believe in God, have this problem with seizures. And study a non-bias result. But truth on this matter is not the issue, because if truth were the agenda. Then there would be a line of scientists ready to allow the evidence from this study to help make a conclusion on this question that remains unanswered. But if the test supports what they do not wish to find, then the issue will never be looked into.

I tried to find a link to this show on pbs without any luck. Maybe someone here saw this same show, and maybe leave a link for the rest of us?

View Post

I think it was Lincoln that said something like “I don’t worry so much that God is on my side, but rather that I am on God’s side”. I probably totally butchered that, but I think you get my drift…

I don’t mind so much when God is in my brain!!!

#5 Tico

Tico

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Christian
  • Virginia

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

I think I have heard of this! It also sounds sort of like those near death experiences....google it they are amusing...
I personally think they just have good imaginations but then again you never know :lol:
Reading this reminded me of this I once had a weird dream I was in this garden. There was this old guy beside me. I could see myself in my bed from the tiles in the garden. I turned to the old guy and said where am I and he says well you aren't in your physical body.I looked back at the tiles turn to look at him again then he was gone. Then I walked over to this fountain and was playing with the water. Some guy called my name so I walked over and all I remember is his fingers and he said Do you want to come with me? I said no then I woke up......Later my dad had found these pictures I was looking through them and saw something familiar the old guy in my dream was my great grandfather who I have never seen before then but I had seen him in different occasions in my dreams!..... Weird things

http://near-death.co...triggers11.html

Is this similar to what you are speaking about?

#6 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

Reading this reminded me of this I once had a weird dream I was in this garden. There was this old guy beside me. I could see myself in my bed from the tiles in the garden. I turned to the old guy and said where am I and he says well you aren't in your physical body.I looked back at the tiles turn to look at him again then he was gone. Then I walked over to this fountain and was playing with the water. Some guy called my name so I walked over and all I remember is his fingers and he said Do you want to come with me? I said no then I woke up......

The Holy Spirit commonly speaks to us in our dreams."Do you want to come with me?" sounds like he could be putting his finger on a conviction.It's very easy,especialy for teenage christians,to get distracted by things of the world.No one can say for sure,but prayer may give you the revelation you seek.

#7 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:55 AM

Reading this reminded me of this I once had a weird dream I was in this garden. There was this old guy beside me. I could see myself in my bed from the tiles in the garden. I turned to the old guy and said where am I and he says well you aren't in your physical body.I looked back at the tiles turn to look at him again then he was gone. Then I walked over to this fountain and was playing with the water. Some guy called my name so I walked over and all I remember is his fingers and he said Do you want to come with me? I said no then I woke up......

The Holy Spirit commonly speaks to us in our dreams."Do you want to come with me?" sounds like he could be putting his finger on a conviction.It's very easy,especialy for teenage christians,to get distracted by things of the world.No one can say for sure,but prayer may give you the revelation you seek.

View Post

I agree Jason, but I might add that the Holy Spirit speaks to us during our waking hours as well. When we are sensitive, whether asleep or awake, we hear Him speak. And I must confess, as an adult Christian, I fail to listen at times...

Anyway, the Holy Spirit may be speaking to a conviction or a blessing. It's hard to say, but the answer will most likely only come by prayer (as you sugested).

#8 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

I think I have heard of this! It also sounds sort of like those near death experiences....google it they are amusing...
I personally think they just have good imaginations but then again you never know  :blink:
Reading this reminded me of this I once had a weird dream I was in this garden. There was this old guy beside me. I could see myself in my bed from the tiles in the garden. I turned to the old guy and said where am I and he says well you aren't in your physical body.I looked back at the tiles turn to look at him again then he was gone. Then I walked over to this fountain and was playing with the water. Some guy called my name so I walked over and all I remember is his fingers and he said Do you want to come with me? I said no then I woke up......Later my dad had found these pictures I was looking through them and saw something familiar the old guy in my dream was my great grandfather who I have never seen before then but I had seen him in different occasions in my dreams!..... Weird things

http://near-death.co...triggers11.html

Is this similar to what you are speaking about?

View Post

No. They saw an actual other realm to live where other people were. Some saw hell (fire), some saw heaven. Some saw both in different visions. They even saw Christ, and other people who had already died. Some people they did not know.

#9 Tico

Tico

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Christian
  • Virginia

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

No. They saw an actual other realm to live where other people were. Some saw hell (fire), some saw heaven. Some saw both in different visions. They even saw Christ, and other people who had already died. Some people they did not know.

View Post

That really sounds like near death experiences....I have heard of this from somewhere :blink:

#10 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:23 AM

That really sounds like near death experiences....I have heard of this from somewhere  :unsure:

View Post

Dear friends no-body knew as much about life and death and after death than our own dear Lord, I think the parable of Dives and Lazareth is quite a full description, I urge caution my luvvies, think of it like this [I am referring to listening to near death experiences as related] even supposing that the person is not lying-and let's not think that some people don't-what if their experience was a deception from Satan? are you gonna sit down and let the devil talk to you? with your coffee and biscuits in your hand? I am not at all saying such things do not happen or have no substance but everything has a source physical, soulish [a very dangerous and deceptive realm] or spiritual [potentially dangerous]
I have read testimonies in christian books, books that have sold MILLIONS and there are some that I know are out and out downright lies, just 2 one was by the head of perhaps one of the foremost Jewish outreaches appealing for funds to sponsor Jewish people wishing to leave [pre-democracy] Russia, there was supposed to be an exodus, and fleets of buses had to be arranged at the borders to transport the fleeing Refusniks. It was all based on Jeremiah ch 30-32 and a supposed waking dream and was supposed to have happened in the 90s.
But now Jews can leave Russia as freely as any other country, the waking dream was so fantastic and told so dynamically that it simply has to be a bare-faced lie, any fleet of buses that were [supposedly bought in the 70s] have long since rusted away on the Finnish border.
The other book is "Angels on assignment" friends that book I witness is a lie, yet because the author was a thoroughly evangelical pastor it is couched in biblically acceptable terms, very exciting, but it is a lie. Why did he write it? it is still availiable in all christian bookstores, still a best seller. There is no nation on earth so susceptable to such things as America. All I say is caution luvvies, caution, let everything accord with God's word, but even when it seems to submit it prayerfully to the Lord.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users