#1 chigaimasmaro

chigaimasmaro

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • The Stream of Time

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

hey, my name is Marc H. I've been reading the posts and lurking around this site for a couple months I thought I'd register.

My interest in this great topic of neo-darwinism vs intelligent design and creation is very intriguing to me. For me, I've rather ignored the issue since I wasn't a religious person. Out of 11 children, there's only one person, my brother who is Christian. But how he got there was that he was in university taking classes cause he wanted to do bio-engineering, and after his first two years of school , he stopped began reading the bible... joined a church and then after was an adherent follower of Jesus. He started school again, but he said the biological world made more sense after he read the bible.

Me, I would always ask him to share his thoughts about his conversion. But he would always tell me to go find out for myself.. that i should look at both sides of the issue, and which ever one gave the most acceptable evidence, than you align your that way.

So, reading some posts and articles on talkorigins.org, trueorigins.org, this website, viewing video debates... and now i'm going through the list of recommended reading that you posted so i can get a better view of the issue.

I would have to say, that the more I look into the issue, the more I lean towards the creationists side. But i enjoy this website alot and the topics are pretty dense with debate.

There's not much i can add to the debates, but I may ask a question every now and again :rolleyes:

BTW, if anyone wants to know what changed my brother, I STILL don't know the specifics myself. Maybe if i say definitively where I stand, he will tell me, so there's not much else I can give in that regard. It did, jump start my brain and get me reading lots of cool articles again.

#2 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • mississippi

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

Welcome chigaimasmaro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you become a lasting addition to this forum. It's nice to have more people on the boards these days. Hopefully you'll have fun, and I truly hope you find the creationist side convincing.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Welcome to the boards. Maybe we an help you figure out your brother.

#4 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

Hi Marc,

You got me beat. I'm one of ten kids. I really enjoyed your post. I hope you do chime in from time to time with questions or whatever.

Welcome aboard.

Adam

#5 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:40 AM

hey, my name is Marc H.  I've been reading the posts and lurking around this site for a couple months I thought I'd register.

My interest in this great topic of neo-darwinism vs intelligent design and creation is very intriguing to me.  For me, I've rather ignored the issue since I wasn't a  religious person.  Out of 11 children, there's only one person, my brother who is Christian.  But how he got there was that he was in university taking classes cause he wanted to do bio-engineering, and after his first two years of school , he stopped began reading the bible... joined a church and then after was an adherent follower of Jesus.  He started school again, but he said the biological world made more sense after he read the bible. 

Me, I would always ask him to share his thoughts about his conversion.  But he would always tell me to go find out for myself.. that i should look at both sides of the issue, and which ever one gave the most acceptable evidence, than you align your that way.

So, reading some posts and articles on talkorigins.org, trueorigins.org, this website, viewing video debates... and now i'm going through the list of recommended reading that you posted so i can get a better view of the issue.

I would have to say, that the more I look into the issue, the more I lean towards the creationists side.  But i enjoy this website alot and the topics are pretty dense with debate.

There's not much i can add to the debates, but I may ask a question every now and again :rolleyes:
BTW, if anyone wants to know what changed my brother, I STILL don't know the specifics myself.  Maybe if i say definitively where I stand, he will tell me, so there's not much else I can give in that regard.  It did, jump start my brain and get me reading lots of cool articles again.

View Post

ooh you little enigma you, c'mon tell us where you're from, 11 kid eh? are you sure you're not catholic? and hey there are a few non academics here too, NOW this mystery about your brother, let me tell you something wonderful about my Jesus, He probably got your brother chatting to the tea lady who doesn't know her butt from her elbow but she knows Jesus, He loves to do stuff like that. <_<

#6 chigaimasmaro

chigaimasmaro

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • The Stream of Time

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:41 AM

Welcome chigaimasmaro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you become a lasting addition to this forum.  It's nice to have more people on the boards these days.  Hopefully you'll have fun, and I truly hope you find the creationist side convincing.

View Post

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the boards. Maybe we an help you figure out your brother.

View Post

ikester, maybe. He feels he adds a bias to the issue, so he just tells me to read up on it. At family reunions, he stays away from this topic as well. Michael, my brother, just likes people to form their own opinion.

Hi Marc,

You got me beat. I'm one of ten kids. I really enjoyed your post. I hope you do chime in from time to time with questions or whatever.

Welcome aboard.

Adam

View Post

Thanks Adam!

ooh you little enigma you, c'mon tell us where you're from, 11 kid eh? are you sure you're not catholic? and hey there are a few non academics here too, NOW this mystery about your brother, let me tell you something wonderful about my Jesus, He probably got your brother chatting to the tea lady who doesn't know her butt from her elbow but she knows Jesus, He loves to do stuff like that.  :rolleyes:

View Post

Totton: hahaha I'm from Philadelphia, PA, but not much of an enigma.

I feel that everyone can't know everything about every subject on this earth, but we can master different subjects. If she studied and got to know Jesus, I think that's wonderful. And if it was a little old lady that he talked to, I have a sense of pity for her, cause he probably bombarded her with questions:) One thing he and i have in common, we have more questions than answers.

#7 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

Thanks for the welcome! 
ikester, maybe.  He feels he adds a bias to the issue, so he just tells me to read up on it.  At family reunions, he stays away from this topic as well.  Michael, my brother, just likes people to form their own opinion. 
Thanks Adam!
Totton:  hahaha  I'm from Philadelphia, PA, but not much of an enigma.

I feel that everyone can't know everything about every subject on this earth, but we can master different subjects.  If she studied and got to know Jesus, I think that's wonderful.  And if it was a little old lady that he talked to, I have a sense of pity for her, cause he probably bombarded her with questions:)  One thing he and i have in common, we have more questions than answers.

View Post

Nice to meet <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users