• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:11 AM

I write poetry, mostly of an ordinary kind, a readership of 1500 a month is not bad for a poetry blog I've been writing for only a year, but now I got really upset about the sheer unthankfulness of atheism that I see in some forums [this forum gets a better class of infidel :rolleyes: ] so I wrote a little poem which I would like a critique, why doesn't it stack up? intellelectually I mean, it was to find out whether or not it does that I joined this forum and I see nothing in all the great debates that have shown me that it doesn't. Critique please. What I'm looking for is a reason why it doesn't stand as an argument against evolutionists.
Thankless
There are seventy millions of souls
in the United Kingdom today,
when Glorianna reigned less than five.
And when William crossed from France, they say,
were just a million for him to conquer
people moving outward, from India maybe.
Taken with the evidence that lies beneath our feet,
man's history is plain to see,
it would seem to be only the purest deceit
to exchange facts for a theory
as the evolutionists have done.

#2 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

Your writing style is unique. I've read some of your poems and they are interesting. I would say expand it a little further. I feel like it needs more... like it was cut off too abruptly.

#3 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

Your writing style is unique. I've read some of your poems and they are interesting. I would say expand it a little further. I feel like it needs more... like it was cut off too abruptly.

View Post

Well, my poetry takes a bit of explaining really Adam, even I don't understand how it came about, but these last four months I have had a complete block, if you offered me a grand I don't think I could make 2 lines rhyme. Thanks for your reply :) as you did not comment on the unassailability or otherwise of the argument I assume you have seen this argument blown or shaken and so intellectually at least it's weak <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users