• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

D.L.Moody at 18 years of age was a boot salesman in his uncle's store in Boston. His Sunday school teacher a Mr. Kimball had set his heart on winning the young man to the Lord, after praying about the matter he determined to visit the lad at the store to speak to him about Christ and about his soul.
Mr. Kimball tells how when he was nearly at the store he began to have second thoughts about going in during business hours, he did not want to embarrass the young man in front of his fellow clerks. While he mulled the matter over thus he realised that he had actually passed the store, he determined then to make a dash for it and have the matter over with at once.
He found Moody at the back of his uncle's store wrapping up boots, Mr. Kimball went up to the young man and putting his hand on his shoulder made what he felt was a very weak plea for the Lord, he simply told Moody of Christ's love for him and the love Christ wanted in return, that's all there was but a light broke upon the boy and right there in the back of his uncle's boot store he knelt and gave himself and his life to the Lord.

#2 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6944 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:31 PM

You never know who you're touching when you feel led to pray for someone or share with them. It really is amazing to think that one of us could help win the next great evangelist to the Lord.

Thanks for sharing that, Totten.

#3 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

You never know who you're touching when you feel led to pray for someone or share with them. It really is amazing to think that one of us could help win the next great evangelist to the Lord.

Thanks for sharing that, Totton.

View Post

Oh Adam I just read something, I'm not sure whether to share, it made me laugh so much. I was looking up John Wesleys testimony. Now J.W. great man that he truly was yet he was quite a complex character, there are quite a few little tales about him that show him in quite an uncomplimentary light.
This from his diary talking about his very first thoughts about God as a 6 year old some children beat him up and snatched his underpants off and made him eat them :rolleyes: oh help! I need ministry, he bethought to himself "if children could do such things what might God do?"

#4 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6944 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic