• 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

Why would anyone think this was a random accident? <_<

Posted Image

What, in all this complexity, would bring one to think it would just come about from nothing? :huh:

#2 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

Every time we start threads on microbiology the evolutionists rarely defend their pseudo-science through the marvels of creation in the miniature.

Instead we are told to trust the noble 'scientific community' on the answer that will surely come as people march their own souls off to Hell because they've purchased the lie.

#3 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

Why would anyone think this was a random accident?  <_<
What, in all this complexity, would bring one to think it would just come about from nothing?  :huh:

View Post

Why would anyone think that it had been designed? There's no boilerplate that says "© Yahweh 6000BCE" on there.

#4 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:24 PM

Why would anyone think that it had been designed?  There's no boilerplate that says "© Yahweh 6000BCE" on there.

View Post

I'm sorry but that's hilarious... I laughed out loud. <_< Anyways, I just don't see how it could be random.

#5 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:03 PM

Why would anyone think that it had been designed?  There's no boilerplate that says "© Yahweh 6000BCE" on there.

View Post

I'm with Scott, that was clever and funny. :huh:

...but seriously, why not try to answer de_skudd's question? What is it about the features and state of living organisms that would compel someone to disagree with someone who believes that life was designed beforehand with intelligence and purpose, in favor of thoughtless random happenstance events? <_<

#6 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

I'm with Scott, that was clever and funny. :huh:

...but seriously, why not try to answer de_skudd's question? What is it about the features and state of living organisms that would compel someone to disagree with someone who believes that life was designed beforehand with design and purpose, in favor of thoughtless random happenstance events? <_<

View Post

Because there is no evidence that living organisms are manufactured or fabricated. We don't find life factories, or life machine plants, or life tools, or plans for a new kind of bacteria that virtually eliminates halitosis (estimated completion date, 2012).

Coffee cups are designed and manufactured. I know this because I've seen them made and I've even had a go at making one myself. Coffee beans aren't designed and manufactured. I know this because they are grown in fields.

#7 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

Because there is no evidence that living organisms are manufactured or fabricated.  We don't find life factories, or life machine plants, or life tools, or plans for a new kind of bacteria that virtually eliminates halitosis (estimated completion date, 2012). 

Coffee cups are designed and manufactured.  I know this because I've seen them made and I've even had a go at making one myself.  Coffee beans aren't designed and manufactured.  I know this because they are grown in fields.

View Post

I'll pose something more amazing and far more fascinating into the mix. First of all the attributes that you mentioned above are present and more intricate in all living systems then anything our greatest intelligence as people can even conceive.

Here is the kicker. Instead of having factories that make life, we have life factories making life factories. That doesn't minimize the design issues and logistics... it compounds them, my friend.

#8 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

Because there is no evidence that living organisms are manufactured or fabricated.

View Post

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

We don't find life factories...

View Post

Oh no?

Posted Image

...or life machine plants...

View Post

See above.

...or life tools...

View Post

I think the blood clotting process fits neatly into the "life toolkit". Great front men for the autonomous maintenance department.

Posted Image

You don't just have all these tools... they are self running, self correcting, and self healing.

#9 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

I think bones would count in the "machine tool production" department for making blood cells...

Posted Image

#10 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Hey Jason,

This is a great video to show you a "life factory" since this is obviously your introduction to the issue since your last post tells me that you just didn't know that there were life factories with all the life tools:

http://www.answersin...onderfully-made

#11 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

Awesome information Adam, the work of the Lord exists all around us, but it saddens me that so many refuse to see it.

#12 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

Awesome information Adam, the work of the Lord exists all around us, but it saddens me that so many refuse to see it.

View Post

Thanks, Scott. God is amazing and overwhelming to our corrupted flesh. That's why people often seek to find excuses for turning their eyes away from His glory.

Have you ever seen the presentation that Dr. David Menton gives called "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made"? I know you don't have a great internet connection, so if you can't watch the video I linked, I would really recommend getting a copy of it somehow.

#13 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:58 AM

View Post

You're correct jason :rolleyes: , it was all an accident produced by the non-factory "© Oooops, how did that happen Sixty Blazillion BC"…. Only NOT!

Why would anyone think it was designed? For obvious reasons of course! All of the intricacies built into it lead logically and scientifically away from random accident, and directly to an Intelligent Causal Agent (God). Life doesn’t come from non-life. This universe had a beginning, therefore it had a beginner. Etcetera, etcetera…

In that diagram of a “simple” cell, the construct contains 16 major groups (none of which look l like an accident, and all of which display amazing design), and we have the audacity to call this a simple cell. And the best rebuttal you can provide is “Why would anyone think that it had been designed?”

#14 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:17 AM

Because there is no evidence that living organisms are manufactured or fabricated. 

View Post

Life procreates millions of times every day. Life producing life, producing life… And yet, we have not seen the “non-life” production of “life”, that evolution requires to be a meaningful model.

We don't find life factories, or life machine plants, or life tools, or plans for a new kind of bacteria that virtually eliminates halitosis (estimated completion date, 2012). 

View Post

Open your eyes and look around yourself Jason, and you’ll see the plethora of “life factories”.

Coffee cups are designed and manufactured.  I know this because I've seen them made and I've even had a go at making one myself.  Coffee beans aren't designed and manufactured.  I know this because they are grown in fields.

View Post

Really, because according to accidental progression of evolutheism , that cup should have evolved from a lump of clay. Are you sure you made one yourself? Or did it evolve over billions of years?

And where did the first coffee bean come from?

#15 performedge

performedge

Don - a Child of the King

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Being a logician. Debating the origins controversy. Going to heaven. Taking others with me. Seeing the creator.
  • Christian
  • Rock Hill, SC

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:03 AM

Coffee beans aren't designed and manufactured.  I know this because they are grown in fields.

View Post

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately the coffee beans that you are using for your coffee most likely have been intelligently designed by humans.

They have been altered significantly over the years as an agricultural crop and after picking go through quite a manufacturing process before shipment.

#16 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

Hi Jason,
Unfortunately the coffee beans that you are using for your coffee most likely have been intelligently designed by humans.
They have been altered significantly over the years as an agricultural crop and after picking go through quite a manufacturing process before shipment.

View Post

Wait?!?! You mean someone was involved in the design of these beans?!? They didn't just "POP" out of nowhere???

Where did you ever get that idea?

Now, before anyone gets their knickers in a bunch, I wanted to purposefully show what it sounds like when someone is in denial of intricacies and complexities of the items we are talking about.

#17 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

I'll pose something more amazing and far more fascinating into the mix. First of all the attributes that you mentioned above are present and more intricate in all living systems then anything our greatest intelligence as people can even conceive.

Here is the kicker. Instead of having factories that make life, we have life factories making life factories. That doesn't minimize the design issues and logistics... it compounds them, my friend.

View Post

Living things reproducing isn't life being designed and manufactured by an intelligent agent.

#18 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:29 AM

Hi Jason,

View Post

Are you equating selective breeding to a deliberate design process? That's an enormous stretch.

#19 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:53 AM

Living things reproducing isn't life being designed and manufactured by an intelligent agent.

View Post

Focus on the original question:

Why would anyone think this was a random accident?  :rolleyes:

Posted Image

What, in all this complexity, would bring one to think it would just come about from nothing?  :D

View Post

We say this organism has all the tell-tale signs of being designed by a supremely intelligent being. The question for you to answer is what about organisms makes random happenstance events (with the give-me that matter/energy themselves are just there) more reasonable based on our understanding of the world?

You started to tell us that there aren't life factories and life tools. It was demonstrated that you were sorely mistaken. Anyone who looks at living organisms from a design engineering perspective slobbers over the highly tuned systems that house the machinery for life systems.

So, once again...

Why would anyone think this was a random accident?  :)

View Post

#20 performedge

performedge

Don - a Child of the King

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Being a logician. Debating the origins controversy. Going to heaven. Taking others with me. Seeing the creator.
  • Christian
  • Rock Hill, SC

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

Are you equating selective breeding to a deliberate design process?  That's an enormous stretch.

View Post

What would you call genetic engineering other than a dileberate design process?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users