Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:25 AM

Same here. There are University discussions that I've downloaded that are four to five hours long and they've been re-listened to 10 or 12 times. I have my MP3 loaded with seminars and sermons rather than music. :D

Some people would feel bad for me. I love listening to people expound their ideas on the fly, whether I agree with them or not, at the very least I can look for the philosophical underpinnings of what they're trying to sell. :o

Anyway, that was way off topic. :(

View Post

I do pretty much the same when it comes to mp3's Adam. I have lectures on video that I have to watch as well, but the mp3 audio can be listened to most anywhere, while you're doing most anything. I'm a voracious reader and have a plethora of text via hard bound books, e-books, and even pdf files for study.

Videos are ok, but they consume a lot of time (especially if I have to download them :( ).

#82 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

Good, I like to keep the things we're not sure about open. There could be one causer, there could be 3, there could be hundreds for all we know.

Very illogical, yet it's still a far better logical, rational and scientific answer than the materialistic "something coming from nothing" morass...

#83 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

I'm with Scott, that was clever and funny. Posted Image

...but seriously, why not try to answer de_skudd's question? What is it about the features and state of living organisms that would compel someone to disagree with someone who believes that life was designed beforehand with design and purpose, in favor of thoughtless random happenstance events? Posted Image

View Post

Because there is no evidence that living organisms are manufactured or fabricated. We don't find life factories, or life machine plants, or life tools, or plans for a new kind of bacteria that virtually eliminates halitosis (estimated completion date, 2012).

Coffee cups are designed and manufactured. I know this because I've seen them made and I've even had a go at making one myself. Coffee beans aren't designed and manufactured. I know this because they are grown in fields.

Actually, YES, we do indeed see evidence that “living organisms are manufactured or fabricated”. The procreation process, for one, is a fine example of manufacturing and fabrication. But an even better example of manufacturing and fabrication is Dee’s initial example; the cell is a fine example for a manufacturing process. It acts just like a factories assembly line when it reads and then decodes the information from the genomes. It (the Cell) then separates the information and sends it to where it needs to go. I realize that the above is over simplified, but it was done so to make it more easily digestible. The problem for the atheist is that the more ‘in depth’ we look, the less ‘accidental’ the process looks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users