• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would share my recent experience at a CSE seminar.

http://www.drdino.com/

Yesterday and the day before Eric H*vind was in my general area. Mount Pleasant Chapel hosted CSE at Union City High School's auditorium. He spoke three times with a healthy turn out each time. He also spoke an additional time at the elementary school to 4th and 5th graders during school. :blink: It's wonderful to learn that there is no legal limitation to teaching creation in public schools, and there never was. It's just a contrived illusion.

I had the opportunity to attend both evening sessions on Sunday and Monday night. When he is doing the CSE seminars in many ways he's a chip off the old block but he still does a great job of owning and presenting the message in a personal and dynamic way. However, last night we were blown away by a very anointed message that Eric has titled 'God Quest'. It was a dynamic evangelistic message that forces you to see the awe and majesty that is our creator and how He owns His creation. Eric is 30 years old and I can now say with confidence that he has been anointed to deliver a powerful message to the world.

If any of you ever get a chance to see Eric in your area, I would strongly recommend going to see the message. In many ways he has taken the torch for Kent boldly and proudly, in his own time of trial, but in addition to that he has done an excellent job following the calling that God has set aside uniquely for him.

It was a real pleasure to get to know him. He's a humble guy, and doing what he does in the shadow of what his parents are going through publicly is hard to fathom, but he does it with a tremendous amount of grace and the Lord helps him every step of the way, I'm certain.

His colleague Kyle, who works with him, has a great testimony and they seem to make a great team. I spent a fair amount of time talking with both of them and I walked away from there very blessed and pumped up to share the creation truth with unbelievers and believers alike.

Consider praying for CSE and their ministry. While they are continuing to be blessed, they can use our prayers.

This ministry has meant something to me because it was Kent H*vind's material that worked like a wedge to open my mind up to the power of God's word. Now that I've spent almost three years negotiating through various materials from other creation ministries, that I revere as excellent sources, as well as various criticisms of the CSE ministry, I would still strongly recommend their materials. I would say the CSE ministry is one of the best sources for getting people introduced to the creation/evolution debate. A person doesn't have to agree with everything that the H*vinds present or how they present it (a little unorthodox but funny) before they find their material useful. It's fast paced and fun for keeping someone's attention who is still unfamiliar with the ins and outs of the creation/evolution debate.

Well I'm off my soap box now, thanks for letting me share.

Adam

#2 Mirrordin

Mirrordin

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Biology, biochemistry, the bible proclaimings its message and loving God
  • Christian
  • San Diego California

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for the info will definetely pray and check them out

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

I have never heard eric speak, hae to watch him some time. Do you have a link to a video?

#4 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

I have never heard eric speak, hae to watch him some time. Do you have a link to a video?

View Post

Let me see if I can find something more recent. If I can find him giving the 'God Quest' talk, even better.

I've seen him giving a seminar or two from when he was first getting started but I don't want to do him a disservice because he was still learning the ropes. Let me see what I can find...

#5 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:30 AM

Sounds great Adam.I heard Obama say that he will no longer tolerate presuppositions in science.That sounds good,but knowing him it will likely apply to everything but evolution.

#6 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:36 AM

Sounds great Adam.I heard Obama say that he will no longer tolerate presuppositions in science.That sounds good,but knowing him it will likely apply to everything but evolution.

View Post

He didn't really say that did he?

#7 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

He didn't really say that did he?

View Post

He sure did and he also said he is going to raise the level on teachers.For now on teachers with degrees in mathematics will only teach mathematics.Remember what happened to Dehart for bringing in supplemental material into his biology class?He was replaced by a teacher with a degree in physical education.

The only way to dumb down the students is to dumb down the teachers.Obama said that is going to change.

#8 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:40 AM

I also hear he will not participate in the national day of prayer. A true Islamic can never betray his true belief, less his peers deem him as a traitor.

#9 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:58 AM

He sure did...

View Post

That just means he's ignorant (or worse), not understanding science or logic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users