#1 ret

ret

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Hillsboro, OR

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:14 PM

I don't have time to post on the other topics right now, but I wanted to get this out here. I just found this, and it will probably only be available until the end of the day, because its a daily thing and they have yet to update their archive.

A German atmospheric physicist found more evidence that organisms must be specially designed in order to establish an ideal water cycle for life. Making use of measurements made in Germany and Siberia, he showed that cellular particles, namely fur fibers, dandruff, pollen, spores, bacteria, viruses, protein crystals, etc., comprise from 5 to 50 percent of the total aerosol particles in the atmosphere and that cellular particles are especially effective as cloud condensation nuclei and ice nuclei, which both facilitate precipitation. Therefore, Earth’s possession of an ideal water cycle for sustaining advanced life points to a Creator who has exquisitely designed life so as to pump the just-right quantities of fur fiber, dandruff, pollen, spores, bacteria, viruses, protein crystals, etc., into the atmosphere.

You can find that here for the rest of the day.

#2 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:01 PM

I find it a rather strange argument as one could argue that the aerosol content world wide would not be consistent, and that rain fall is much too dependant on local conditions.

#3 Modulous

Modulous

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:41 AM

I don't have time to post on the other topics right now, but I wanted to get this out here. I just found this, and it will probably only be available until the end of the day, because its a daily thing and they have yet to update their archive.
You can find that here for the rest of the day.

View Post

Is there any evidence that without this effect life would never have formed? Why can evolution not account for this? Don't we see balanced ecosystems throughout the world? Is this because of intelligent design, or just design through evolution? If the water cycle was different, perhaps life would be different? Perhaps as life changed, the water cycle changed slightly along with it? Remember - evolution doesn't contend that life is designed - just the nature of the designer.

#4 Method

Method

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • State of Bliss

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

I find this a strange argument.

Organic detritus causes rain to precipitate. But so does inorganic dust particles, such as fined grained clay. Water droplet nuclei seem to be a feature of the laws of physics, not divine intervention.

This seems to be another case of describing something in nature behaving under natural laws and then tacking on "Goddidit" at the end. Could you please show us why God is needed for this to take place?

This also relies on the Weak Anthropic Principle, where the final outcome is assumed to be the only possible outcome. An infamous counter-example is: "Do we have to design coffee cups so that they fit the coffee, or does the coffee conform to the coffee cup?" The same applies to life on Earth. Life adapts to the Earth, not the other way around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users