Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:07 AM

Yeah, Ravi Zacharias always kills with that line.  So hilarious!

Here's the answer:  No, I'm not absolutely sure.  But I'm sure enough to feel comfortable that I'm right.  Next question?

View Post

So then, you're absolutely sure enough?

#142 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:18 AM

I'm starting to figure out that your phrase "core epistemological method" is code for "holy scripture" without which you feel you would lack a foundation.

View Post

Actually, you’re straying far enough off the topic of Adams question to warrant being corrected I suppose. But, your "core epistemological method" here is being exposed by your very answer to Adams question, and thusly proving his estimation (or observation) to be correct.

#143 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:02 AM

Actually, you’re straying far enough off the topic of Adams question to warrant being corrected I suppose. But, your "core epistemological method" here is being exposed by your very answer to Adams question, and thusly proving his estimation (or observation) to be correct.

View Post

This has come to be expected with clockwork precision. Atheists often claim to have ADHD. I believe this is the utility of such a claim. When a discussion gets pointed and direct, amnesia sets in or boredom or a claim to an honest misunderstanding.

When atheists ask certain questions with repeated frequency without having a knowledge of what a sound Christian perspective could/would look like even after years of 'study' and 'research' into the matter of our perspective, it is all too telling.

#144 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

When atheists ask certain questions with repeated frequency without having a knowledge of what a sound Christian perspective could/would look like even after years of 'study' and 'research' into the matter of our perspective, it is all too telling.

View Post

I know what you mean Adam. I find it incredibly frustrating to hear atheists ragging out on religion, but when you ask then who Moses was you get blank expressions. :lol:

#145 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

I've always thought CTD and Dee similar in their approach, not emotional but straight down the line, if a thing needs to be said , they'll say it.  :)

View Post

But have you ever seen us in the same roomat the same time :P

CTD is the one in the cape and tights ;)

#146 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

How does one prove the existence of 1 supernatural while disproving all others?  Would you be willing to work through that with us?  If you don't mind that is :)

View Post

Easier than one proves all of this came from nothing, by nothing,with nothing ;)

Any time you want to (honestly) work through it,I'm willing :)

But be prepared to accept the outcome :P

#147 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

Easier than one proves all of this came from nothing, by nothing,with nothing  ;)

Any time you want to (honestly) work through it,I'm willing  :)

But be prepared to accept the outcome  :P

View Post

I'm up for it. Where do we start?

Regards,

Arch.

#148 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

I'm up for it. Where do we start?

Regards,

Arch.

View Post

Where you prove all of this came from nothing, by nothing,with nothing :lol:

#149 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:27 PM

Where you prove all of this came from nothing, by nothing,with nothing :lol:

View Post

No, the original question was "How does one prove the existence of 1 supernatural while disproving all others?", which you said you would be happy to work through with us. There was never any discussion about proving something comes from nothing. I'm afraid to burden of proof is on you in this case Dee ;)

Regards,

Arch.

#150 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:38 AM

No, the original question was "How does one prove the existence of 1 supernatural while disproving all others?", which you said you would be happy to work through with us. There was never any discussion about proving something comes from nothing. I'm afraid to burden of proof is on you in this case Dee ;)

View Post

That would be incorrect Arch. You replied to my assertion that it would be:

Easier than one proves all of this came from nothing, by nothing, with nothing  :lol:

View Post

You were replying to me, not the original question.

So, you may proceed…

Regards,

Dee

#151 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

That would be incorrect Arch. You replied to my assertion that it would be:
You were replying to me, not the original question.

So, you may proceed…

Regards,

Dee

View Post

Actually Dee, I was responding to this part:

Any time you want to (honestly) work through it,I'm willing
But be prepared to accept the outcome

which I thought was in response to the previous question:

How does one prove the existence of 1 supernatural while disproving all others?  Would you be willing to work through that with us?  If you don't mind that is

Either way, we're going around in circles here. You've said it's quite easy to prove 1 supernatural being while disproving the others and I'd like to see you do so. My apologies if you thought I was going to prove something coming from nothing, that was not my intent.

Regards,

Arch.

#152 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:37 AM

Easier than one proves all of this came from nothing, by nothing,with nothing  :lol:

Any time you want to (honestly) work through it,I'm willing  :)

But be prepared to accept the outcome  ;)

View Post

:lol: with emphasis on the word honestly :(

#153 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:42 AM

View Post

I know Adam. And some like to pretend that they are attempting to understand, but their true colors bleed through in the wash. The easy smile and slippery handshake.

Although I have known many atheists who do honestly seek an answer. But you will know them by their questions and answers. And the tone of the conversation.

#154 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

Actually Dee, I was responding to this part:
which I thought was in response to the previous question:
Either way, we're going around in circles here. You've said it's quite easy to prove 1 supernatural being while disproving the others and I'd like to see you do so. My apologies if you thought I was going to prove something coming from nothing, that was not my intent.

View Post

And I was responding to the ridiculousness of the post I replied to. If you have no intent in answering my question, you may want to wait upon the person I was responding to.

But if your intent is to provide evidence that it's easier to prove something coming from nothing than it is to prove the existence of 1 supernatural while disproving all others. Then, by all means, go ahead.

I have no problem with you including yourself in the conversation, but please keep up with the points as they present themselves.

#155 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

And I was responding to the ridiculousness of the post I replied to. If you have no intent in answering my question, you may want to wait upon the person I was responding to.

But if your intent is to provide evidence that it's easier to prove something coming from nothing than it is to prove the existence of 1 supernatural while disproving all others. Then, by all means, go ahead.

I have no problem with you including yourself in the conversation, but please keep up with the points as they present themselves.

View Post

Okay, enough pointless games. Simple yes or no question.

How does one prove the existence of 1 supernatural while disproving all others?  Would you be willing to work through that with us?  If you don't mind that is

Easier than one proves all of this came from nothing, by nothing,with nothing
Any time you want to (honestly) work through it,I'm willing
But be prepared to accept the outcome

Are you willing to work through this with us or not?

Regards,

Arch.

#156 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

View Post

I doubt you'll ever get decent response Dee. Just wishy-washy “you answer this, but I won’t answer that” replies. And when you answer the spiritual question, they’ll just deny it, or explain it away so they don’t have to deal with it.

I think the more poignant question is this: If atheists don’t believe in the metaphysical nature of the supernatural (they like to use the term “supernatural” as if it’s a foul word to ridicule), why do they pretend so hard at a forum like this to want to learn more about it? Because when the answer is provided, they scoff at it while denying the truth of it.

#157 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

I doubt you'll ever get decent response Dee. Just wishy-washy “you answer this, but I won’t answer that” replies.

View Post

Oh my goodness the hypocrisy ;)

If you're that wrapped up in needing my answer, here:

I don't know

I can't prove something coming from nothing. At present, no one can. Wishy-washy enough for you?

I think the more poignant question is this: If atheists don’t believe in the metaphysical nature of the supernatural why do they pretend so hard at a forum like this to want to learn more about it?

View Post

Because some of us are actually interested in understanding how other people think Ron. Doesn't mean we have to fall in line. There is also the possibility that we don't understand another's perspective on life, only that it conflicts with our own. When we learn about this other perspective we realise it doesn't make logical sense (at least not to us) and we're able to reject it.

To Dee,

I'm really interested to understand how you think it is easy (at least in comparison to proving something from nothing) to show one God is real while disproving all the others. Not to ridicule, not to reject; simply to understand.

Regards,

Arch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users