Hello There!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anghellik9_*

Guest_Anghellik9_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

Although I've been posting for about a week already, I somehow managed to overlook the

As you can tell, I am 18. I am Canadian. I am a de-facto atheist, meaning that while it is impossible to say definitively that there is no God, I believe that in all likelihood, there is not.

I play hockey, and soccer, I snowboard and hunt, and I compete in winter biathlon and cross-country running, and am pursuing a career in radiology.

Expect to see me around boards concerned with evolution, ethics, and morality, and don't expect me to make a large presence on boards on physics, because to be totally honest, there are far more qualified people than myself to comment on things such as the big bang, cosmology, and so forth, as my physics education is only up to the tenth grade level (so far).
Or the boards talking about Christianity, Obviously.

I've seen that you (Adam at least) don't hold someones age against them, and hold their argument at equal weight.

edit: Oh yes, and I have a wealth of historical knowledge, as it is my favourite subject out of practically everything:

This is good, as sometimes my views are seen with scorn purely because of my age.

Thats all for now. :)

#2 Guest_Alcatraz_*

Guest_Alcatraz_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:35 AM

Greetings from Scotland.

Can I ask a question?

Are you the dude or the dudette in the avatar photo?

#3 Guest_Anghellik9_*

Guest_Anghellik9_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:53 AM

Greetings from Scotland.

Can I ask a question?

Are you the dude or the dudette in the avatar photo?

View Post

The dude, although she too is an atheist. Sorry man. lol

#4 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

Hi Anghe,

Welcome to EFT. I hope you enjoy it here. You're right, I'll treat a person the way I do completely based on the content of their argument and their attitude towards learning and a true desire to understand others.

I myself only have a high school education, the rest is from H.K.U. (Hard Knocks University). It's the best education out there. I believe we can learn as we go if we exercise humility and candor as we seek and try to understand life. I would rather talk with someone who has honest questions rather than dishonest answers. :)

Nice picture in the Avatar. Prom?

#5 Guest_Anghellik9_*

Guest_Anghellik9_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

Nice picture in the Avatar. Prom?

View Post

Nope. It was a formal ball. That was almost a year ago now.

#6 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

Although I've been posting for about a week already, I somehow managed to overlook the

As you can tell, I am 18. I am Canadian. I am a de-facto atheist, meaning that while it is impossible to say definitively that there is no God, I believe that in all likelihood, there is not.

I play hockey, and soccer, I snowboard and hunt, and I compete in winter biathlon and cross-country running, and am pursuing a career in radiology.

Expect to see me around boards concerned with evolution, ethics, and morality, and don't expect me to make a large presence on boards on physics, because to be totally honest, there are far more qualified people than myself to comment on things such as the big bang, cosmology, and so forth, as my physics education is only up to the tenth grade level (so far).
Or the boards talking about Christianity, Obviously.

I've seen that you (Adam at least) don't hold someones age against them, and hold their argument at equal weight.

edit: Oh yes, and I have a wealth of historical knowledge, as it is my favourite subject out of practically everything:

This is good, as sometimes my views are seen with scorn purely because of my age.

Thats all for now.  :lol:

View Post

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I too ran cross country in high school (amongst other sports). And I too was an atheist (I no longer participate in either). I enjoyed cross country because I hated running around a big circle, and the mountains, hills and country side in Northern California (where I was raised) was a sight to behold.

And I won't hold your age against you either, I believe you can be just as wrong at any age (just kidding) :)

Again, welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users