#1 Paul5388

Paul5388

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

I have been a YEC for many years, probably starting around 1952. I suppose it is just part of literal interpretation of the Bible, in my opinion.

I have a minor in chemistry and worked in the chemical industry, quality control lab, for 9 1/2 years, in route to a BD in 1976.

I always use the same screen name, which is most commonly seen in reloading forums.

Theologically, I am probably best described as a follower of Arminius, instead of being the more common Calvinist.

#2 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:13 AM

I have been a YEC for many years, probably starting around 1952.  I suppose it is just part of literal interpretation of the Bible, in my opinion.

I have a minor in chemistry and worked in the chemical industry, quality control lab, for 9 1/2 years, in route to a BD in 1976.

I always use the same screen name, which is most commonly seen in reloading forums.

Theologically, I am probably best described as a follower of Arminius, instead of being the more common Calvinist.

View Post

I'm first to greet you and say hello, welcome to EF, some nice fellowship here, if anyone is to tread on your arminian toes it'll be me, I don't mean it personally though, there are all sorts of theological standpoints here but I think we manage. :o

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:03 AM

Hi Paul5388,

You got your BD the year I was born. :o

Welcome to EFT.

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:42 AM

I have been a YEC for many years, probably starting around 1952.  I suppose it is just part of literal interpretation of the Bible, in my opinion.

View Post

Welcome Paul B)

It's good to have you join in here, and I look forward to hearing more from you.

I, myself, cannot be described in the labeling of Calvin or Arminius. I find myself more of a literal believer in the vein of your namesake, in that I don't fall in line of Apollos or Paul, but of Jesus. (just an inside New Testament joke there... No offense meant).

You received your BD while I was a sophomore in high school! Yikes :o

God Bless Brother

Ron

#5 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

View Post

Hi Paul, and welcome to the forums.

Sounds like you've got a solid chemistry background. You should have some interesting discussions with a few people here :lol:

I'm not familiar with the terms Arminius or Calvinist. What are they?

Regards,

Arch.

#6 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:22 AM

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

#7 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

Hi Paul, and welcome to the forums.

Sounds like you've got a solid chemistry background. You should have some interesting discussions with a few people here ;)

I'm not familiar with the terms Arminius or Calvinist. What are they?

Regards,

Arch.

View Post

Arminians are the backsliders in the back seats :o I implore fellow christians to pray about my lousy humour :P I get into sooo much trouble :(
OK here's a joke to clean my tail.
Q. Who will be first to go up in the rapture?
A. Calvinists.
Q. Why Calvinist?
A. Because the dead in Christ are the first to rise. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users