#1 ret

ret

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Hillsboro, OR

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:54 PM

I've been looking for quite a while on the web, and I have yet to find any evidence for evolution that I can't easily refute. Can anyone give me some serious evidence for evolution? Don't just link to a site, put the information on the forum. I shouldn't have to read a nine-page paper just to realize that I could refute everything on it.

#2 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:58 PM

This thread looks more like a subject that can cause problems. We don't mind evolution being challenged, and I agree with what is said. But it's how we approach the subject. I will watch this thread and see where it goes. If it starts getting out of control, I will either close it, or give warnings.

#3 Modulous

Modulous

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:17 AM

Any one piece of evidence can be refuted. That's easy. Example: Fingerprints. Fingerprint rest on the assumption that everyone has unique ones, yet there is no proof of this. DNA evidence is not guaranteed because they only sequence a portion of the DNA and it is known that people do have identical sequences. Eyewitnesses can lie, gun rifling can be erroneous, powder under the fingerprints can have an innocent explanation. And so on.

However, if all of these evidences are corroborating, it becomes increasingly incredulous to put them all down to faulty assumptions, liars, experimental error etc. There comes a time when it is beyond any reasonable doubt.

#4 ret

ret

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Hillsboro, OR

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:36 PM

There comes a time when it is beyond any reasonable doubt.

I agree. What doesn't make sense, however, is when you accuse one man of murder when two men fit the profile equally. The eyewitnesses' description matches both of them because they are identical twins, which also means their DNA is the same. There were no fingerprints because the criminal wore gloves. They have equal motives, and neither of them has an alibi. None of the evidence points to either man in particular. How would it sound if someone suddenly jumped up in the courtroom and shouted "It was clearly Jeffrey, look at the DNA evidence!" That wouldn't make much sense at all.

Until I see some evidence that points exclusively to evolution, I consider it laughable that people think of it as fact. You seem very sure that it is true, surely you could provide some evidence?

#5 Modulous

Modulous

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:32 PM

I agree. What doesn't make sense, however, is when you accuse one man of murder when two men fit the profile equally. The eyewitnesses' description matches both of them because they are identical twins, which also means their DNA is the same.

View Post

Is there an identical twin theory that equally explains the change in life on earth over time?

#6 Guest_Yehren_*

Guest_Yehren_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:44 AM

There's a good deal of evolution that's directly observed, including the evolution of irreducibly complex features.

And there are some directly observed speciations.

And then there is the evidence from genetics, molecular biology, the fossil record, embryology, etc.

When you get the same results from widely-divergent sources, it's considered complelling in science.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users