Question About The Bible

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Debates, Video Editing, Gaming, Bible Study.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Romania

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:07 AM

I have seen a series of 3 videos on YouTube and I would like to hear a christian response to that. I don't know how to respond to this argument. Thank you.

BNf-P_5u_Hw
qc-mrJf45Hg
IjAegPhQOUg

#2 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

I have seen a series of 3 videos on YouTube and I would like to hear a christian response to that. I don't know how to respond to this argument. Thank you.

BNf-P_5u_Hw
qc-mrJf45Hg
IjAegPhQOUg

View Post

I cannot currently view video Teo. So, if you can synopsize the information, I your own words, I’ll help as best I can.

I’m sure others will assist here as well.

Dee

#3 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Christian
  • Romania

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

Ok, It's late for me now. So I will do it tomorrow morning. :)

Good night.

#4 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

I cannot currently view video Teo. So, if you can synopsize the information, I your own words, I’ll help as best I can.

I’m sure others will assist here as well.
Dee

View Post

http://www.conspirac...tgeist/part-one
Here is a link Dee it will make your toes curl, but you will love [Dee]bunking it :)

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:39 AM

Where were you introduced to such videos? Also understand. Just because someone makes a video that sounds like a documentary, does not mean it's a true documentary.

Several anti-Christian groups are making professional looking youtube videos that tell lies about true Christianity. These videos are designed to confuse the new in Christ and help convert them to either another belief,or no belief at all.

The other thing is that you have to look at your source. Here is the channel that is providing these videos you posted: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAvenged

It would seem that his channel is promoting some type of extremism. What, I'm not sure.

Example: One group likes to promote the idea of chem-trails. Where planes release sickness and disease into our atmosphere while they fly over. And that is what the white trail is left behind each air plane that flies. But there are several problems with this extremism that I can easily debunk.

1) After all the years this has suppostly been done, not one person has ever took a picture of these planes being filled with this stuff.
2) Between the weight of the fuel, passengers, and now this claimed toxin. How would such a plane take off that is so heavy?
3) UV rays in the upper atmosphere are several times stronger. And would kill any germs or pathogens way before they reached the ground.
4) If they wanted to prove this, it would be easy. Take a small engine aircraft up about a mile into the atmosphere and take air samples under these so called chem-trails. Then have them tested with a machine that can detect PPM (parts per million). They won't do it because it would expose their lie.

Every extremism group has videos out on youtube. Even the Christian haters. So you have to watch what you see and realize if it sounds way out there, it probably is.

#6 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Christian
  • Romania

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:42 AM

Where were you introduced to such videos?

View Post

An atheist friend gave them to me.

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:06 AM

View Post

Did you know that atheist evangelize too? So why would an atheist give you such information? He wanted to shake up your faith and then convert (evangelize) you to what he believes.

#8 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:14 AM

View Post

Belovéd Teo, you haves to take care with things like that, for you are sitting down to listen to a demon speak, it is like you invite him in to share his views with you, I know your purpose with your friend is so that you can share perhaps a christian response, I am a narrow minded person, considered to be by folks who do not know me well, and actually I AM because to me God is the height and depth and width and length so my narrowness is larger than the world knows.
I know you are smart enough to know what's truth, but never underestimate that old devil. All I mean is be on your guard and make sure Jesus is protecting you.
I don't read things sometimes.
Once a bunch of us went to a Mormon presentation, our purpose was to witness, but first we prayed pretty hard to make sure the Holy Spirit would protect us. With luv Suz

#9 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Christian
  • Romania

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:39 AM

Did you know that atheist evangelize too? So why would an atheist give you such information? He wanted to shake up your faith and then convert (evangelize) you to what he believes.

View Post

Well... That video did not affect me at all. I know that what I believe is the truth. But the reason I am asking you guys is because I debate allot with atheists. I know that most of them are closed minded and don't want to accept the truth no matter what. But a honest one will accept the truth if I know how to answer his questions. If this would be one question. "How do I know that my Jesus is the right Christ if people say that there were more of them before Him who's stories match His perfectly?" I would need to know how to answer that. I am dealing with allot of atheists/evolutionists and I don't think that anything would make me lose my faith for 2 reasons.

1. Science supports creation and goes against evolution.
2. They twist science to make it look like it fits with evolution and even if someday they will get me to believe that science supports evolution (which I very highly doubt will happen) I still have the personal relationship with the Lord. I will not give up my faith not even if all the people in the world would try to convince me. It will simply not happen.

So, to make that short. That video did not destroy my faith at all. The only reason I am asking how to "debunk" it is because I would like to know how to respond to atheists when they use this argument.

#10 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:46 AM

Well... That video did not affect me at all. I know that what I believe is the truth. But the reason I am asking you guys is because I debate allot with atheists. I know that most of them are closed minded and don't want to accept the truth no matter what. But a honest one will accept the truth if I know how to answer his questions. If this would be one question. "How do I know that my Jesus is the right Christ if people say that there were more of them before Him who's stories match His perfectly?" I would need to know how to answer that. I am dealing with allot of atheists/evolutionists and I don't think that anything would make me lose my faith for 2 reasons.

2. They twist science to make it look like it fits with evolution and even if someday they will get me to believe that science supports evolution (which I very highly doubt will happen) I still have the personal relationship with the Lord. I will not give up my faith not even if all the people in the world would try to convince me. It will simply not happen.

So, to make that short. That video did not destroy my faith at all. The only reason I am asking how to "debunk" it is because I would like to know how to respond to atheists when they use this argument.

View Post

I knew that was what you are doing. But I can still nag you :) The others will be best at the rest.

#11 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:40 AM

View Post

It depends on whether the person will accept a source that is Christian or not. A lot of atheist deem all Christians as liars and don't trust them.

You need to ask the questions like:

1) From what source would you accept an answer from?
2) What kind of answers are you really looking for?
3) And what would be your goal if what I present to you, from a source you would accept, disproves what is on those videos?
4) Would you say this is your search for the true God. or a challenge to my faith in God?

This person handed you those videos, so you need to know what their intents are. That is why those questions need to be asked. If the person refuses to answer, or dodges the questions without answering directly. They are wasting your time.

A mature soul winner needs to find out what the other person is interested in. Because so many like to play games with Christians, you need to make sure a game is not being played with you. For the time you waste with one person who has no intent on finding truth, you could minister to ten more who are interested in truth.

One cannot change the mind of one who has already made their life long decision. The intent of asking those questions, no matter how personal or intimidating they are. Is to test the person on whether their heart (not mind) is open to truth.

If they are not open to it, it is not up to you or I to open their heat. Only God can do that. And if God has already given them up to a reprobate mind (not knowing between right and wrong), then you are truly wasting your time.

Christ never chased anyone. He gave them the choice, if they rejected, He moved on. How many people would He have not touched if He always concentrated on the ones who rejected Him? True love requires true choice and the freedom to chose it. Forced love is a counterfeit love that requires one to give it, and only one side benefits. And the love cannot be returned. That is why Christ never chased anyone who rejected Him,even though He still loved them.

#12 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:53 AM

http://www.conspirac...tgeist/part-one
Here is a link Dee it will make your toes curl, but you will love [Dee]bunking it :P

View Post

Thanks Totton, I just did a cursory reading (skimming) and found the site informative. I’ll have to look further into it later.

#13 Designist

Designist

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Christian
  • Toronto

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

BNf-P_5u_Hw
qc-mrJf45Hg
IjAegPhQOUg

View Post

[size=7]
Your lack of scholarly information concerning the subject matter of that movie will cause you to be very surprised when you discover that no real or serious scholar considers this movie to be anything better than the product of an unreasonably biased anti-Christian propagandist. That is why the posted Christian video rebuttals to it remain overwhelming, unchallenged, or unquestioned to this very day. That is also why the arguments behind the Christian response(s) or rebuttal(s) you are about to discover for yourself hold a lot more weight to them, in the eyes of people who are the most serious about facts and truths, than any of the arguments or propositions that the movie was designed to influence you to believe.

The following YouTube video responses may be overwhelming to you, even overkill. But I think it would be worth your while to watch at least the first one.

For a point-by--point scholarly rebuttal to Zeitgeist you might begin and end at YouTube's The Zeitgeist Hoax or Zeitgeist (1 of 6) A Scholarly Response to the Movie

After watching either one or both of those two YouTube responses, you may also want to watch Zeitgeist Rebuttal Part 1 of 6 parts.

To discover yet another scholarly Christian response or rebuttal, just watch Dr. Scott Johnson - Zeitgeist? Rebuttal To Its Attack On The Lord Jesus Christ 1/18 or Zeitgeist Refuted 1 of 10.

Once you get onto the YouTube page where each of those video responses may be found, just keep checking to the right for extreme overkill. Maybe then you will be convinced that the people who think that Zeitgeist is an honest, forget scholarly, presentation of facts pertaining to the Christian faith, are merely anti-Christian wishful thinkers and non-serious truth-seekers.

All cheers for the Christians who do a great job at exposing the misinformation that the anti-christian crowd tirelessly spews forth from its ever-lying anti-Christian lips.

Nothin' but boos for the anti-Christian bigots who control the mentality of the crowd through mass propaganda (found in places like the mainstream media, owned by anti-christians, anti-creationists, old-earthers, and evolutionists).

#14 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Christian
  • Romania

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for those videos, I don't have time to watch them now because I have to go to bed, but I will try to watch them this next week.

God bless.

#15 larrywj2

larrywj2

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Christian
  • Fallon, Nv

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

View Post

The modern zodiac is a bastardization of the original Biblical origin. That is why there are so many similarities to other figures. They are emulating the original.

Using December 25th as proof that the similarities are ficitious. Jesus was born in the spring, that is when the taxes were collected, after harvest. It was moved to Dec 25th by the Roman Catholic church to give the Christains a winter date to celebrate.

Hope that helps for starters.

#16 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Christian
  • Romania

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:27 AM

Thanks. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users