ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

What makes a evolutionist feel the need to use a theory to fight a religion?

#2 Javabean

Javabean

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Harrisburg

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:03 PM

View Post

Personally I have nothing against religion of any kind. I just don't believe in any. So when I argue for Evolution I am in no way saying that a particular God does not exist. But that wasn't the question you asked seeing as I don't do this.

The reason I can think why someone would use Evolution to disprove a religion goes pretty deep. Sometimes the person in general has felt slighted in some way by said religion. Maybe they were a believer, but never saw any proof.

I know one person who was very Gung-ho about Christianity, he used to spout off about his religion at anytime, but when he became an atheist he had admitted that he never felt the presence of God in anyway shape or form.

Although he doesn't specifically use Evolution to disprove a Christianity he tries to use the bible itself.

#3 Guest_tharock220_*

Guest_tharock220_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

View Post

Creationists started this 94 years ago when they attempted to ban the teaching of evolution.

The truth is I consider myself somewhat spiritual. I say I'm Christian because that's how I was raised. That said, I feel compelled to get involved when religion encroaches on science. Applied science has given us the society we enjoy today, not religion.

#4 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Creationists started this 94 years ago when they attempted to ban the teaching of evolution.

The truth is I consider myself somewhat spiritual.  I say I'm Christian because that's how I was raised.  That said, I feel compelled to get involved when religion encroaches on science.  Applied science has given us the society we enjoy today, not religion.

View Post

Really? Can you give us some examples of how science, separate from religion (in general), has given us “the society we enjoy today”. You’ll need to do a lot of revisionist historical reconstruction to pull off this feat.

#5 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

View Post

An atheist doesn't really need to use the theory of evolution (or any other scientific theory for that matter) to argue against religion. Religions on their own can usually be shown to be inconsistent with reality.

#6 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

An atheist doesn't really need to use the theory of evolution (or any other scientific theory for that matter) to argue against religion. 

View Post

If that’s the case, then why are you here repeatedly attempting that very thing Jason? It seems you are contradicting every post you have made here then. So, although you did make a bold and mightily thundering statement here, it’s just more smoke and mirrors.

“Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends Come inside, come inside………..”.

Religions on their own can usually be shown to be inconsistent with reality.

View Post

If that is the case, then why have you yet to do it at this forum? Although I will agree that the religion of atheism is extremely inconsistent with its proclamations.

“Right behind the glass, you’ll see a blade of grass. Come inside, come inside………..”.

#7 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

If that is the case, then why have you yet to do it at this forum?

View Post

There's a difference between refuting a religion and persuading one of its ardent followers to see reality. You should know that Ron ;)

#8 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

The truth is I consider myself somewhat spiritual.  I say I'm Christian because that's how I was raised.  That said, I feel compelled to get involved when religion encroaches on science.  Applied science has given us the society we enjoy today, not religion.

View Post

You forget that creation was taught first. Of course that is always omitted because the Christians are always deemed as the trouble makers.

Do you remember what evidence was used to get evolution into our schools?

#9 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

An atheist doesn't really need to use the theory of evolution (or any other scientific theory for that matter) to argue against religion. 

Religions on their own can usually be shown to be inconsistent with reality.

View Post

I find that remark kinda funny. Because evolution just bends it's theory or reality to make all of it's ideas work.

Speaking of reality. How many claimed processes of evolution can actually be observed in real time? Less then 50%

#10 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:44 AM

There's a difference between refuting a religion and persuading one of its ardent followers to see reality.  You should know that Ron :D

View Post

I know that Jason, but it still didn't take assessment of the questions asked to task.

Moving on, moving on................ ;)

#11 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:46 AM

An atheist doesn't really need to use the theory of evolution (or any other scientific theory for that matter) to argue against religion.  Religions on their own can usually be shown to be inconsistent with reality.

View Post

And, in the same way, the theist doesn’t need to use the model of evolution (or any other unscientific model for that matter) to argue against atheism. The religion of non-cause and effect is always shown to be inconsistent with reality.

#12 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

View Post

Because theories have been built up by some of the greatest minds over hundreds of years and hold a lot of weight in todays society. Unfortunately most of the major theories disagree with every religion existing today. Evolutionists (at least the atheist ones) feel that believers are being deceieved and think that using these weighty theories might help believers let go of their ancient, out of date beliefs.

Regards,

Arch.

#13 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

View Post

So did God create the first matter? Or can you tell us where it came from naturally?

#14 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:58 AM

Hi Arch,

Because theories have been built up by some of the greatest minds over hundreds of years and hold a lot of weight in todays society.

And your point is?

Most all sciences from rocket science to genetics were pioneered by creationists.

World's Greatest Creation Scientists

Unfortunately most of the major theories disagree with every religion existing today.

Science does disagree with many religions.Especialy this one:

b5PKukgkEbU&hl=en&fs=1

Evolutionists (at least the atheist ones) feel that believers are being deceieved and think that using these weighty theories might help believers let go of their ancient, out of date beliefs.

All of this talk of theories,but no one has produced one yet.It's impossible to test something thats purely philosophical and imaginary.

Enjoy.

#15 Javabean

Javabean

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Harrisburg

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:25 AM

Most all sciences from rocket science to genetics were pioneered by creationists.

Jason i think you are being a little dishonest here. How do you know the people who pioneered many of these sciences to be creationists? Are they self avowed Creationists? Are you assuming that just because they are Christians that they are Creationists?

Because I have news for you not every Christian is a Creationist.

All of this talk of theories,but no one has produced one yet.It's impossible to test something thats purely philosophical and imaginary.
Enjoy.

View Post

Actually many people have produced theories for the Creationists here. Unfortunately these theories are ignored or dismissed.

May I ask you to provide the Theory behind Creationism?

Thanks I look forward to seeing a scientific Theory of Creationism!

#16 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:42 AM

Hi Arch,
And your point is?

View Post

My point is that there are a lot of theories, crafted by some of the greatest minds to ever exist, that say creation is wrong. I'm not sure how much clearer I can make that :o

Enjoy.

View Post

As I've told you before, evolution, big bang, star formation, old earth geology and many many others are all theories. They may be theories you disagree with, but to say they are not theories at all is to do insult to every scientists to ever practice, creationist or otherwise.

Regards,

Arch.

#17 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:28 AM

Jason i think you are being a little dishonest here. How do you know the people who pioneered many of these sciences to be creationists? Are they self avowed Creationists? Are you assuming that just because they are Christians that they are Creationists?

Ah,clutching at straws with anti-history,eh?

A creationists is defined as anybody who believes in creation.FYI,christianity is'nt the only religion that believes in creation.

Actually many people have produced theories for the Creationists here.

Such as?

May I ask you to provide the Theory behind Creationism?

Pick a thread,any thread. :o

http://www.evolution...indpost&p=23507

http://www.evolution...indpost&p=29230

http://www.evolution...indpost&p=22656

http://www.evolution...indpost&p=36250

Enjoy.

#18 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:36 AM

My point is that there are a lot of theories, crafted by some of the greatest minds to ever exist, that say creation is wrong. I'm not sure how much clearer I can make that.

An example would be nice.

As I've told you before, evolution, big bang, star formation, old earth geology and many many others are all theories. They may be theories you disagree with, but to say they are not theories at all is to do insult to every scientists to ever practice, creationist or otherwise.

Since i already know your only playing games and trying to waste peoples time,i won't ask you to present these "non-theories" here or in the appropriate thread.

#19 masonandrews

masonandrews

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Comparing the physics of light, from the smallest paritcle to the universe, to theology, emphasizing christianity.<br />
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Saginaw, Mi.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:00 AM

in the bible it says god created nothing into everything. scientifically the smallest particle must explode upon itself creating nothingness and there is no end to the universe, ever expanding; as in the beginning to eternal life. total destruction to total creation. finite to infinite. dark to light. hate to love

#20 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

in the bible it says god created nothing into everything.  scientifically the smallest particle must explode upon itself creating nothingness and there is no end to the universe, ever expanding; as in the beginning to eternal life.  total destruction to total creation. finite to infinite. dark to light. hate to love

View Post

For God to exist first, eternity was already there and eternal (always was). Which gives a source for anything that is needed for the finite universe in which we live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users