Photo

Frdb Forum Cannot Even Control It's Own Members.

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:42 PM

This gets funnier as it goes on. Ocas just cannot stand someone to get the better of him in any situation. He has to have the last word and got really mad when he did not and was ignored. His hate brewed directly through evolution, is so potent that he cannot control it. And FRDB is having trouble controlling him.

http://www.freeratio...ad.php?t=272678

Go and see how each member loses control as Ocas starts it. It's like lighting a fuse.
Attached File  CoolClips_wb022710.gif   22.2KB   5 downloads

Question: Has any member from over there ever met any of us (except Adam and Judy)? No. So why do they hate us? It's what evolution "teaches" them to do. Otherwise they would have to explain one by one why else they hate us so. Problem is, it cannot be done without including evolution. Why?

1) It's what brings them to this forum.
2) It what makes them stereotype everyone of us into one group they can hate for no other reason than they just want to.
3) Do you think all of us would have met under any other circumstances?
4) And do you think we would have been hated if evolution were not the issue here?

Support, conform, accept, or be destroyed.

#2 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

This gets funnier as it goes on. Ocas just cannot stand someone to get the better of him in any situation. He has to have the last word and got really mad when he did not and was ignored. His hate brewed directly through evolution, is so potent that he cannot control it. And FRDB is having trouble controlling him.

http://www.freeratio...ad.php?t=272678

Go and see how each member loses control as Ocas starts it. It's like lighting a fuse.
Attached File  CoolClips_wb022710.gif   22.2KB   5 downloads

Question: Has any member from over there ever met any of us (except Adam and Judy)? No. So why do they hate us? It's what evolution "teaches" them to do. Otherwise they would have to explain one by one why else they hate us so. Problem is, it cannot be done without including evolution. Why?

1) It's what brings them to this forum.
2) It what makes them stereotype everyone of us into one group they can hate for no other reason than they just want to.
3) Do you think all of us would have met under any other circumstances?
4) And do you think we would have been hated if evolution were not the issue here?

Support, conform, accept, or be destroyed.

View Post

Hi Ike,

Is there any specific page there that you think shows the FRDB people being particularly nasty? I've read the first two pages and the last one and found nothing I thought was out of control. Actually, I thought they were being a little more polite than usual. ;)

Serious question. You're smart enough to know that posts like this only encourage the hatred. Why do you persist in pushing buttons when you know it's only going to make what you don't like (hate towards Creationists) worse?

Rega

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6944 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

I didn't read most of Mr. Aftershave's posts. Was he more polite than usual? The few I read were a lowered level of hostility through gritted teeth.

#4 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

I didn't read most of Mr. Aftershave's posts. Was he more polite than usual? The few I read were a lowered level of hostility through gritted teeth.

View Post

Actually I don't think I found Mr. Aftershave's posts either. I might have missed them or they might be on other pages ;)

There's definitely hostility there, but being frustrated doesn't immediately denote hatred. With the few posts I read I can understand why they might be frustrated...no one seemed to want to address the questions being asked.

Regards,

Arch.

#5 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6944 posts
  • Christian

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

Actually I don't think I found Mr. Aftershave's posts either. I might have missed them or they might be on other pages ;)

There's definitely hostility there, but being frustrated doesn't immediately denote hatred. With the few posts I read I can understand why they might be frustrated...no one seemed to want to address the questions being asked.

View Post

What question being asked didn't get addressed? There is a difference between a question being addressed and not getting the answer or type of response you want.

#6 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:10 PM

Hi Ike,

Is there any specific page there that you think shows the FRDB people being particularly nasty? I've read the first two pages and the last one and found nothing I thought was out of control. Actually, I thought they were being a little more polite than usual. ;)

Serious question. You're smart enough to know that posts like this only encourage the hatred. Why do you persist in pushing buttons when you know it's only going to make what you don't like (hate towards Creationists) worse?

Rega

View Post

The hate is already there. It has to fester and be brought to the surface.

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

Hi Ike,

Rega

View Post

What puzzled me was that they even had to start another thread when the ones here and there were closed. I took it as a sign of them wanting to continue where they left off. So I continued where I left off.

I don't know why they cannot see that their beloved theory makes them channel hatred for others just because they disagree.

#8 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6944 posts
  • Christian

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

Look what I received infractions for:

http://www.freeratio...372#post6053372

Dear Adam_777,

You have received an infraction at FRDB.

Reason: -Generic Warning
-------
Hello Adam_777:

Your comment:

It's an amazing design to withstand 6000 years of abuse from a world that was sold to Satan for an imagination of two people who wondered what it would be like to defy God. Well, we don't have to wonder. We're seeing it played out, friend.

Has been edited and infracted due to preaching. If you have any issues with this infraction, please direct your comments to Private Feedback. Any private correspondence in regards to this infraction will be ignored.

Regards,

Jolike to defy God. Well, we don't have to wonder. We're seeing it played out, friend.

This following one got yanked out of this post:

http://www.freeratio...123#post6053123

Dear Adam_777,

You have received an infraction at FRDB.

Reason: -Baiting/Goading/Brinking
-------
Hello Adam_777:

Your comment:

;) ;) Maybe you can try to rub that in your maker's face too.

Has been edited and infracted due to preaching. If you have any issues with this infraction, please direct your comments to Private Feedback. Any private correspondence in regards to this infraction will be ignored.

Regards,

Jo

The other day I decided to see how the whole reporting thing worked and I complained about Mr. Aftershave goading in this post:

http://www.freeratio...078#post6048078

It fell on deaf ears. I guess it's hard to control your own members when there are so many rabid Christians on the loose. :D

#9 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

Wow, that's no where near preaching. Well I'm glad I never debated over there. I'd be gone before I even started LOL. How does one expect to debate creation if the bases for creation is omitted?

Here is a hint FRDB guys: Preaching is talking with the end intent of conversion. Adam was not trying to convert, He was relaying what he believed. If his argument happens to be convincing, that is not preaching. Unless he happens to leave, or imply a member should convert.

Preaching goes like this:

I believe in 6 day creation. Here is what my evidence is. Here are some verses to support it. Now why would you not want to believe? Or something along those lines.

That part in bold is the preaching part. The rest is the foundation of their faith and will be what the debate is about. Anytime someone says what they believe, then sticks in there the possibility for someone to convert, that's preaching.

Mention God, Creator, Bible scriptures, Jesus, etc... Are just facts about what a creationist believes.

Just like Darwin, origin of species, things out of origin of species, Lyell etc... Are just facts about what a evolutionist believes.

Conversion options, or salvation message attached to the rest makes it preaching. Why? Having that added onto what else was said makes the whole post have a "goal of conversion".

It's the same with evolution. Members can pretty much say what they want about it here. But when the option to convert to Darwinisn is made, or implied. It's preaching for evolution because there is now a option for coversion.

#10 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

View Post

If you say so. I'd just like to see what hate you were referring to specifically this time, because I can't see it.

Regards,

Arch.

#11 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:06 PM

Lol, I don't think either of the quotes there count as preaching Adam. The second one is clearly designed to get in peoples faces though, and I can see why a warning might have been given in that case.

What is it about Aftershaves post that you thought was goading?

Regards,

Arch.

#12 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6944 posts
  • Christian

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

What is it about Aftershaves post that you thought was goading?

View Post

It's Mr. Aftershave's modus operandi. Telling people that their hiding in their cesspool, or whatever, to try and goad them into being manipulated by his demands for discussions. Or maybe it was baiting... I'm still getting used to that end of the lingo... :D

#13 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6944 posts
  • Christian

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:17 PM

The second one is clearly designed to get in peoples faces though...

View Post

Yes it was. :D

:)

#14 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

Yes it was. :D
:)

View Post

Hehe, one of the things I like about you Adam is you're able to admit when you're wrong. It's a pretty rare quality, hold onto that one :)

#15 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:50 AM

View Post

Yes, it has. The thread was closed, then re-opened (they'll probably try to blame it on Adam :D ).

#16 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:06 AM

It's Mr. Aftershave's modus operandi. Telling people that their hiding in their cesspool, or whatever, to try and goad them into being manipulated by his demands for discussions. Or maybe it was baiting... I'm still getting used to that end of the lingo... :D

View Post

Some folks can look at the trees, and let them get in the way of the evidences for a forrest :)

#17 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:30 AM

If you say so. I'd just like to see what hate you were referring to specifically this time, because I can't see it.

Regards,

Arch.

View Post

You might want to revisit the first page again Arch. Not only was “shave” (assist) being his usual antagonistic self (just subdued for the moment) but many posts had to be severely edited by moderators for content unbecoming.

Keeping in mind that “shave” wasn't the only covert sock account coming here to wreak havoc at one time, TehMuffin was another clandestine poseur as well. And that board allows this kind of stuff all the time.

And you wonder why most of us who used to go there got tired of the antics.

#18 A.Sphere

A.Sphere

AKA st_dissent

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:physics, mathematics, history, bicycling, hiking, traveling, cooking, the Korean language (Han Gul)
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Mississippi

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:40 AM

I visited the forum being discussed and I have to say that I am quite disappointed by some of the behavior in the two threads - in fact, their behavior quite reminded me of some of the creationists on this forum. Especially the abundance of ad hominem arguments. However, there was an interesting suggestion put forth multiple times that went unanswered over there - that is, why not start a formal debate where only raw scientific data may be used by the two opposing sides. I think that would be an interesting exercise. A third forum could be used to moderate (perhaps Percy's EvC forum) - so it would be like frdb vs. eft :D

Anybody interested? I could ask the same over there - after I go through the account retrieval process. I can't remember my login info over there - its been so long.

#19 A.Sphere

A.Sphere

AKA st_dissent

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:physics, mathematics, history, bicycling, hiking, traveling, cooking, the Korean language (Han Gul)
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Mississippi

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

You might want to revisit the first page again Arch. Not only was “shave” (assist) being his usual antagonistic self (just subdued for the moment) but many posts had to be severely edited by moderators for content unbecoming.

Keeping in mind that “shave” wasn't the only covert sock account coming here to wreak havoc at one time, TehMuffin was another clandestine poseur as well. And that board allows this kind of stuff all the time.

And you wonder why most of us who used to go there got tired of the antics.

View Post

Really? The antics at this forum typically only temporarily dissuade me. Even after I am suspended for rules made up on the spot after I have rubbed particular moderators the wrong way (twice now in 3 years).

#20 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:44 AM

However, there was an interesting suggestion put forth multiple times that went unanswered over there - that is, why not start a formal debate where only raw scientific data may be used by the two opposing sides.

View Post

Can you provide a link that made the above suggestion Sphere? I have yet to see it.

Having said that, to pretend that the FDRB antics are the same as the treatment you have received here is baseless and false Sphere (and you know it, whether you care to admit it or not).

When you can show me statements like the below, then you might have a case:

Reason #26553 why Ikester is a retard

View Post

Soon as the paranoid head retard Ikester reads that you're a member here, you'll be accused of being a 'sock' and banned at EFT. Wait for it.

View Post

Not to mentions Assists photo-shop attack against me personally. And the mod edited verbal loutish attacks that they (the mods at FRDB) allowed Assist to carry on for months before complaints about their own rules violations forced their hand.

If you go back there now, you’ll see where the mod’s has to edit the content so that they didn’t look foolish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users