• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

Hi all,

Nice to find a site that is majority (I assume) creationist. My educational background is primarily theological, and I was a missionary for 6 years. I have always loved science, but pursued the theology (and God) until about 2 years ago when, only having a HS level understanding of science, I began to self study in overview of geology, chemistry, and more in detail cytology and now genetics. I attended an ICR seminar about 20 years ago.

What really challenged me to study though was debating evolutionists. My first experience was very comical because I brought a chemistry issue out of "Evolution Exposed" to Panda's Thumb (smile). What an experience--I really amused them. But after they completely annihilated me I really began to study voraciously. Anyway glad to be here. Look forward to some learning and fellowship. AFJ

#2 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

Hi AFJ,

Welcome to the boards. Even though this is a Christian site, it's a pretty even mix. This is a great environment to learn in because we have some knowledgeable atheists/evolutionists who don't spin their wheels on talking points and misuse of logic, like so many.

You've come to the right place to learn what both sides of the issue actually are without too many straw evolutionists and straw Christians in the mix. :)

Welcome

Adam

#3 Guest_Darkness45_*

Guest_Darkness45_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:49 PM

Welcome AFJ, I'm a newbie here too, just a few days more experience than you. I would say the majority are Christians but enough mix to have good conversations. And unlike some other sites I've been on, the atheists don't try to make you give up your religion which is a nice change for me. :)

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:26 AM

Welcome AFJ, I hope this becomes a place where you learn much :)

#5 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hi AJK enjoy your stay. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic