Photo

Another Fix For Xp If You Have This Problem.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

For about 6 months now, when I type stuff in explorer. A lot of times letters in word are missing. At first I thought it was me not hitting te key correctly. Then I thought my keyboard was going bad and bought another one.

That did not fix it. One day while typing I started glancing at my fingers and what was going up on the screen and realized that it was not me because my fingers were hitting the correct keys. It was something with xp. So basically I have had to deal with it. That is why a lot of my words end up missing letters because I don't always go back and check.

Also I found that anything I click on (links etc...) in explorer would often require more than one click, or even having to hold the mouse button for 2 seconds to get things to work.

So today I was in the control panel going to turn off the xp sounds (clicks, music when xp turns off and on etc...) because I did not want them to wake everyone up when I have my speakers on. upon doing this my problems with typing and all the charectors not showing up on screen went away mostly (only happens a couple of times which now I figure are my actual typing mistakes). So the conflict must have been beteen my keyboard and my sound card which no longer exist after disabling xp sounds.

Advanced fix: To make sure I'm going to look and see if my IRQ numbers are the same for both harware devices. If so I'm going to try an change them, which is not always that easy in xp.

I thought I would post this just in case anyone else is having this problem. Or if maybe someone really knows what the problem might be, more directly, to post that as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users