Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Brazil

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:51 AM

hi all

my name is Angelo. I am swiss/italian. I was raised catholic, but when i was 18 years old, i converted myself, and since then, i am a evangelic, born again christian. I live in brazil, since 1996. I am member of Igreja Quadrangular church, Aracaju, north east of brazil, where i live with my wife Leila. I am a real estate broker. I am also building a database :

evidence of God, a rational belief
it is a forum that has the goal to organize and unite information and compelling evidence for the existence of the God of the bible.

Edit (delete link) by ikester7579: Sorry, we do not allow the advertisement of other forums. Because if we allow it with one person, then everyone would do this and we may end up with a forum that has lost several members. Established members take time. Some forums even consider advertisements of other forums as trying to steal their members, and is considered a bannable offense (not this forum though).
If you have anymore questions about this, you may PM the owner of the forum. His name is Fred Williams.

Angelo

#2 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Debates, Video Editing, Gaming, Bible Study.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Romania

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:21 AM

Welcome. It's nice to see more and more Christians, Enjoy your stay.

God bless.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

Welcome to the forums :o.

#4 Elohim888

Elohim888

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Brazil

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

hi all

my name is Angelo. I am swiss/italian. I was raised catholic, but when i was 18 years old, i converted myself, and since then, i am a evangelic, born again christian. I live in brazil, since 1996. I am member of Igreja Quadrangular church, Aracaju, north east of brazil, where i live with my wife Leila. I am a real estate broker. I am also building a database :

it is a  forum that has the goal to organize and unite information and compelling evidence for the existence of the God of the bible.

Edit (delete link) by ikester7579: Sorry, we do not allow the advertisement of other forums. Because if we allow it with one person, then everyone would do this and we may end up with a forum that has lost several members. Established members take time. Some forums even consider advertisements of other forums as trying to steal their members, and is considered a bannable offense (not this forum though).
If you have anymore questions about this, you may PM the owner of the forum. His name is Fred Williams.

Angelo

View Post

hi Fred

i understand your concern. I would however just point out, that my forum, despite the name, has not the goal to be a place for debate, but to be a resource site for believers in the God of the bible. Therefore , i think your concern is baseless.

#5 Mankind

Mankind

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Christian
  • Southeast

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

Welcome to the forum! I have a question for you. "Microevolution happens, why can't macroevolution?" ;)

#6 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:28 PM

Hello Angelo,

Our policy is to remove advertisements, especially from first-time posters. I believe it is a disservice to our members & audience to allow hit&run advertising of any kind. However, if you become a regular member and mention your ministry in the Christian Coffee section, or in a debate post provided it is relevant to the discussion, I personally would have no problem with it.

The "prime directive" of our forum is to provide a place where constructive and productive debate can take place. Anything that gives an appearance of going against this directive is dealt with swiftly and mercilessly. ;) For the record, I’m not really concerned about forums stealing members from here, or members leaving. As long as we provide a place where people can debate productively, without having to waste ions of time answering the same old equivocations and strawmen, I feel our goal has been met.

Fred Williams

#7 Elohim888

Elohim888

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Brazil

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:50 AM

Hello Angelo,

Our policy is to remove advertisements, especially from first-time posters. I believe it is a disservice to our members & audience to allow hit&run advertising of any kind. However, if you become a regular member and mention your ministry in the Christian Coffee section, or in a debate post provided it is relevant to the discussion, I personally would have no problem with it.

The "prime directive" of our forum is to provide a place where constructive and productive debate can take place. Anything that gives an appearance of going against this directive is dealt with swiftly and mercilessly. ;) For the record, I’m not really concerned about forums stealing members from here, or members leaving. As long as we provide a place where people can debate productively, without having to waste ions of time answering the same old equivocations and strawmen, I feel our goal has been met.

Fred Williams

View Post

hi Fred

what you say, makes sense. No, my intention is not just to advertise my forum, i will participate where i think i can give a constructive contribution, and learn as well, what i do mostly, when someone makes good questions.

rds Angelo

#8 Elohim888

Elohim888

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Brazil

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:17 AM

Welcome to the forum!  I have a question for you.  "Microevolution happens, why can't macroevolution?" ;)

View Post

http://elshamah.heav...ved-t80.htm#188

#9 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

View Post

Hey Angelo. First of all welcome to the forums :lol:

I read through what I think was the relevant section of the link you provided. It doesn't seem to say why macro-evolution can't happen. If anything, it seemed to support evolution in general.

Your personal info says you are a creationist. Have I jumped to a false conclusion in assuming you don't support evolution?

Regards,

Arch.

#10 Elohim888

Elohim888

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Brazil

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hey Angelo. First of all welcome to the forums :lol:

I read through what I think was the relevant section of the link you provided. It doesn't seem to say why macro-evolution can't happen. If anything, it seemed to support evolution in general.

Your personal info says you are a creationist. Have I jumped to a false conclusion in assuming you don't support evolution?

Regards,

Arch.

View Post

hi Arch

i do post at the beginning of the topics always Wiki quotes, which often do not represent a creationist position. And sometimes also links to make the position of evolution clear. But the goal is to show evidence which supports creationism, and the existence of the God of the bible.

Angelo

#11 Mankind

Mankind

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Christian
  • Southeast

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:35 AM

View Post

http://tiny.cc/qNrq0

#12 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6896 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:43 AM

http://tiny.cc/qNrq0

View Post

:lol: :o

#13 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

hi all

it is a  forum that has the goal to organize and unite information and compelling evidence for the existence of the God of the bible.

Angelo

View Post

Welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users