Stylez

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Arizona

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

Just thought I'd introduce myself, and say how impressed I have been as a lurker here, reading some of the best debates and counter arguments I have read anywhere on the net. I am a United States Navy Veteran, a Christian who seems too controversial for my beliefs seem to be less politically correct than many of today's Christians can agree with. I am not a "hate the sin love the sinner" type of guy who won't fall for being manipulated into a "nicey nice Christian reputation" to live up to.

I think an un-repentant sinner who defends his sin suggesting it is ok with God when clearly, it isn't, is someone where i believe we should hate the sin and shun the sinner and I only turn the other cheek ONCE.

My opposing interlocultors I have been debating are primarily, Obama supporters, 911 issues, atheist's, same s@x marriage, evolution proponents etc.

I have been at it about eight years and have seen just about everything from the semantics the equivocations, the many tactics of ridicule to reading all of their best authors numbering in the hundreds and still find it rather infuriating whenever disagreeing with many of the evidentiary suppositions given by the evolution supporters, they automatically assume I don't understand it. That usually is followed by a very condescending attempt to "school" me while talking down to me as if I were a 6 year old.

I was pretty well known on the last board I spent years involved in writing thousands of posts as "Conspiriology" at abovetopsecret.com until I was finally banned and no, I have never been given a reasonable justification for it but I have my suspicions they were more political.

One of my favorite threads here is the one by Jon Paul on panspermia, I use that thread as an example for many reasons and think he is an astute, intelligent, composer of some of the best posts I've seen for countering arguments of evolution.

Ill probably sit out a bit and just kind of get a feel for the place but am excited to be here.

Warm Regards

- Stylez

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

Glad to have you here.

Just thought I'd introduce myself, and say how impressed I have been as a lurker here, reading some of the best debates and counter arguments I have read anywhere on the net.   I am a United States Navy Veteran, a Christian who seems too controversial for my beliefs seem to be less politically correct than many of today's Christians can agree with.  I am not a "hate the sin love the sinner" type of guy who won't fall for being manipulated into a "nicey nice Christian reputation" to live up to.

I see you have learned what I have learned. Niceness is often used against you.

I think an un-repentant sinner who defends his sin suggesting it is ok with God when clearly, it isn't, is someone where i believe we should hate the sin and shun the sinner and I only turn the other cheek ONCE. 

Same here. Red flag goes up when someone has to tell you: I'm a Christian, I'll pay you back. That is 99.9% of the time is someone who is using the world view to get what they want from you. They know about being a Christian as much as my dog would.

My opposing interlocultors I have been debating are primarily, Obama supporters, 911 issues, atheist's, same s@x marriage, evolution proponents etc.

You will have a lot to debate here then.

I have been at it about eight years and have seen just about everything from the semantics the equivocations, the many tactics of ridicule to reading all of their best authors numbering in the hundreds and still find it rather infuriating whenever disagreeing with many of the evidentiary suppositions given by the evolution supporters, they automatically assume I don't understand it.   That usually is followed by a very condescending attempt to "school" me while talking down to me as if I were a 6 year old. 

To stop this, you just remind them how many degrees in science Darwin and Lyell had. Which was zero. Darwin's only degree was in theology. Charles Lyell's only degree was in being a lawyer. But yet someone how, two people no more educated in the sciences than a average YEC, some how came up with a theory that is now the main theory of evolution.

So if they want to keep calling you stupid and uneducated, just keep bringing up the education of the 2 main people that started evolution. They soon shut up. But it's also interesting to watch them squirm as they try to come up with an excuse that allows Darwin and Lyell to be that uneducated, and it still be okay.

I was pretty well known on the last board I spent years involved in writing thousands of posts as "Conspiriology" at abovetopsecret.com until I was finally banned and no, I have never been given a reasonable justification for it but I have my suspicions they were more political.

More and more boards are becoming more liberal in their views. And the people they allow to help run them. Once liberal enough, opposing views are no longer allowed.

One of my favorite threads here is the one by Jon Paul on panspermia, I use that thread as an example for many reasons and think he is an astute, intelligent, composer of some of the best posts I've seen for countering arguments of evolution.

Ill probably sit out a bit and just kind of get a feel for the place but am excited to be here.

Warm Regards

- Stylez

View Post

Richard Dawkins believes in Panspermia. He admits that towards the end of his interview with Benstein.

#3 Stylez

Stylez

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Arizona

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:12 AM

So if they want to keep calling you stupid and uneducated, just keep bringing up the education of the 2 main people that started evolution. They soon shut up. But it's also interesting to watch them squirm as they try to come up with an excuse that allows Darwin and Lyell to be that uneducated, and it still be okay.
More and more boards are becoming more liberal in their views. And the people they allow to help run them. Once liberal enough, opposing views are no longer allowed.
Richard Dawkins believes in Panspermia. He admits that towards the end of his interview with Benstein.

View Post

Yes, I have a pretty good grasp of just how to handle the slippery semantics and Teflon double standards presented as straw man arguments while atheist's supporting Darwin are talking out both sides of their mouth, in fact, I have seen my response efforts copied on many other sites and am always thrilled about that.

I was involved in researching the online gaming community where I got very involved in game theory, programming and the online social dynamics of game forums etc, when it was requested I meet with the General Assembly for the Covenant Presbyterian Church in America. The late Rev. Don Esty submitted my name to a Christian think tank to do research on what they felt was a burgeoning problem losing members and lower attendance they felt the internet was exacerbating the problem and wanted my input.

Naturally, as someone who spent most of his day working on the internet and programming software etc, I encouraged them to consider doing more ON the internet with online churches suggesting they face the fact; the internet was here to stay. This however almost cost me the job as I underestimated the fact they were well aware of how much influence the internet was having especially on the subject of atheism. Initially I was sort of shocked, my experience with atheist's was a very small segment of society that when it came to God, they simply didn't believe in such things and that was about it.

Well, they all looked at each other the sort of look one would have if you were coming out of a coma today thinking the President was still Ronald Reagan.

I had a lot of catching up to do and they presented me with several books, Dawkins, "The God Delusion" had just come out, God is NOT GREAT by Hitchens and "The End of Faith" by Sam Harris. I was also given a link to several websites and 6 months to prepare me for the kind of threat they believed this would have on Christianity. At the time, I didn't consider myself worthy an example of Christianity and didn't understand why they would be this intent on having me write white papers when I had a mouth like a sailor and didn't really like most Christians for the same reasons you've shared in your own experience with them.

What they liked was the way I saw through the many verbal gymnastics the traditional cheater used in the online gaming editorials I had written and my rather scathing reprisals of them and their enablers who were the deniers, game host's but especially, the reluctance of the Games Creators. The urgency I saw as imperative in addressing what I wrote was a choice between to equally distasteful alternatives. Either they take a strong position against cheaters by investing in what my research on cheating indicated was a bigger problem than they believed or were willing to admit, employing anti-cheat measures and more online involvement as vocal advocates of fair play, publicly denouncing as dishonorable the cheater. Or, face the early demise of the games acceptance where making a profit would be a pipe dream much less ever reaching critical mass in sales.

My research required I get into the mind of the cheater or what makes them tick, what they get out of it and how they could possibly still award themselves the self aggrandizing reputations they would sport in servers where many treated them as if they had "rock star status". In other words, I was to immerse myself in that world while at the same time and as best I could, not be OF that world.

I was good at reversing the clever anecdotal cookie cutter copy pasted quotes, so often used by atheist's they were all so impressed with and Christians were getting clobbered with in debates such as "atheism is a religion, like collecting stamps is a hobby" which at the time was popular.

My seeing this as the liquid logic and language of legion, or a false dichotomy wrapped in semantics turned inside out. The axiom, knowing "a lie is a lie even when everyone believes it and the truth is the truth even when nobody believes it"

The statement about stamp collecting must be applied to the atheist in the same context as a religion. I would advise the typically passive, meek, naive and demure Christian, whose head would be spinning like a cartoon character, that IF collecting stamps were a religion, an atheist's hobby naturally would be evangelizing the antithesis of the stamp collector’s worldview.

They would quite over zealously, ridicule stamp collecting and those hobbyist's collecting them. They would be industriously writing books like "Stamps are NOT Great", or "The Stamp Delusion" by "A-hobbyist, Dick Dawkins" etc, creating vitriolic and venemously vocal websites blaming stamp collecting for everything from 911 to indigestion, creating sarcastic analogies like the flying spaghetti stamp. They would seek out every resource on the net for any and all dirt they could use against stamp collecting looking for contradictions in stamp collecting books and how they don't apply to the "real value" of something that is really just a small square printed piece of paper with flavored adhesive on the back.

When we exploit their logic right side out again, it is much easier to say to ones self, "Yep that is exactly what they would be doing and that it too, is a hobby like atheism has become a religion with Darwin as their Prophet, Time their God and evolution where they place their faith as to the philosophical question, why are we here and what is my purpose, regardless of the pathetic conclusions such antithetical wisdom arrives at.

I believe in their are special forces in spiritual warfare as their is in the physical equivalent of warfare and that it is incumbent on Christians everywhere to circumvent the attacks of the enemy postponing the inevitable outcome written about in the book of revelation and wince when ever I see Christians posting their predictions on when such things as the rapture is going to happen.

It is up to us to keep that from happening as hard as we can for as long as we can, in spite of how incorrect those Christians making those predictions have made the bible and us look. Or how dumb they say we are for believing what it says. My answer to that is, if intelligence gets in the way of my own salvation, by the grace of God there go I.

I'm just glad I am "dumb enough"

To believe it

- Stylez

#4 Guest_Alcatraz_*

Guest_Alcatraz_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

Normally I would say, 'Greetings from Scotland' as that is where I live and work.

However as I'm currently in Kabul as part of a UN mandated Police Training programme, I will say, Greetings from Afghanistan via my British Wi-Fi connection.

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:37 AM

Just thought I'd introduce myself, and say how impressed I have been as a lurker here, reading some of the best debates and counter arguments I have read anywhere on the net. I am a United States Navy Veteran, a Christian who seems too controversial for my beliefs seem to be less politically correct than many of today's Christians can agree with.  I am not a "hate the sin love the sinner" type of guy who won't fall for being manipulated into a "nicey nice Christian reputation" to live up to.

I have been at it about eight years and have seen just about everything from the semantics the equivocations, the many tactics of ridicule to reading all of their best authors numbering in the hundreds and still find it rather infuriating whenever disagreeing with many of the evidentiary suppositions given by the evolution supporters, they automatically assume I don't understand it. That usually is followed by a very condescending attempt to "school" me while talking down to me as if I were a 6 year old. 

Warm Regards

- Stylez

View Post

As both a Christian and a Vet, I say "Welcome Stylez". It's good to have you aboard (No pun).

#6 Mirrordin

Mirrordin

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Biology, biochemistry, the bible proclaimings its message and loving God
  • Christian
  • San Diego California

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

Normally I would say, 'Greetings from Scotland' as that is where I live and work.

However as I'm currently in Kabul as part of a UN mandated Police Training programme, I will say, Greetings from Afghanistan via my British Wi-Fi connection.

View Post

Welcome Stylez and be safe Alcatraz I will be praying for you

#7 Guest_Darkness45_*

Guest_Darkness45_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:38 AM

Stylez, Welcome! I don't have all the time in the world to carry on a continuous debate right now, but when I get the time I think we can have some pretty interesting conversations. I look forward to our future scuffles, until then may Christ be your shalom.

#8 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:19 AM

Just thought I'd introduce myself, and say how impressed I have been as a lurker here, reading some of the best debates and counter arguments I have read anywhere on the net.   I am a United States Navy Veteran, a Christian who seems too controversial for my beliefs seem to be less politically correct than many of today's Christians can agree with.  I am not a "hate the sin love the sinner" type of guy who won't fall for being manipulated into a "nicey nice Christian reputation" to live up to.

I have been at it about eight years and have seen just about everything from the semantics the equivocations, the many tactics of ridicule to reading all of their best authors numbering in the hundreds and still find it rather infuriating whenever disagreeing with many of the evidentiary suppositions given by the evolution supporters, they automatically assume I don't understand it.   That usually is followed by a very condescending attempt to "school" me while talking down to me as if I were a 6 year old. 

Warm Regards

- Stylez

View Post

A warm welcome Stylez, this is a great forum IMHO :o

#9 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:27 AM

Hi Stylez,

I'm sorry I haven't welcomed you yet. Welcome aboard. :o

#10 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:28 AM

A warm welcome Stylez, this is a great forum IMHO  :o

View Post

We think you're pretty cool too. You're the spice at this forum. :)

#11 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:58 AM

We think you're pretty cool too. You're the spice at this forum. :o

View Post

Hi Adam, you haven't read my "I got banned" thread yet :)

#12 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:33 AM

Hi Adam, you haven't read my "I got banned" thread yet  :)

View Post

Oh, yes I have. :)

BTW, we're keeping your surly European humor and pecan whit as long as we can handle it. :o

#13 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:57 AM

Oh, yes I have.  :)

BTW, we're keeping your surly European humor and pecan whit as long as we can handle it. :)

View Post

I need to put my humour in the prayer thread I'm sure it needs deliverance, I often tune in to political debates, your President Clinton when he visited Prime Ministers questions at the house of commons was astonished by the sheer ferocity of it all, I love it, it is not for the squeamish. But in reality it is more for show and after all the cut and thrust they usually meet up all together in the bar.
William Hague [Tory] to John Prescott [Labour]
" I am quite sure when the right honourable gentleman comes to read what he has just said he will see that his argument has about as much substance as the thread of hair that held the sword of Democules from falling."
John Prescott
"Well not having the advantage of a grammar school education which was not availiable to ordinary working family kids before the advent of a Labour government, I can't say that I know who Dame Ocules was."
Uproarious hoots and howls of derisive laughter from the Tory benches :o

#14 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:11 AM

Oh, yes I have.  :)

BTW, we're keeping your surly European humor and pecan whit as long as we can handle it. :P

View Post

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users