Please Pray For Me

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mirrordin

Mirrordin

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Biology, biochemistry, the bible proclaimings its message and loving God
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • San Diego California

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

Hi I know its been a while since I've posted.

I'm here to ask you to please pray for me I wont get into details but I was recently betrayed by one of my closest friends I've had for two years now. It completely made me rethink alot of things. All in all though it brought me closer to the Lord and after reading some of your prayer requests and praying for you I feel much better.

I am in no way comparing myself to Jesus but I did remember something very important even Jesus was betrayed. Everyone goes through a hard betrayal atleast once in a lifetime and it is devastating. Please pray for me.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

As Christians we have to go through trials and tests to make us stronger, and to show by example how we are supposed to be. To get the most out of your experience, you need to reflect on what happened, why it happened, and how does that relate with your walk with Christ. Basically, what is this experience teaching you. If you can get as much out of it as you can, then you will more then likely pass the test, and move on the the next level in your walk with Christ.

Things happen for a reason. The reason does not have to mean it had anything to do with anyone being at fault. But this is how God teaches us about ourselves.

We will be praying for you.

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6550 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:33 AM

Hi I know its been a while since I've posted.

I'm here to ask you to please pray for me I wont get into details but I was recently betrayed by one of my closest friends I've had for two years now. It completely made me rethink alot of things. All in all though it brought me closer to the Lord and after reading some of your prayer requests and praying for you I feel much better.

I am in no way comparing myself to Jesus but I did remember something very important even Jesus was betrayed. Everyone goes through a hard betrayal atleast once in a lifetime and it is devastating. Please pray for me.

View Post

I'm praying for you.

I often tell people something that God showed me. You'll know when your relationship with God is actually rooted in Jesus, when your best friend or closest community of believers let you down unexpectedly and you continue to praise the Lord because you know it wasn't Him who caused it but He is the one that can heal these situations.

Lord bless you.

#4 Mirrordin

Mirrordin

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Biology, biochemistry, the bible proclaimings its message and loving God
  • Christian
  • San Diego California

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

Thank you I had a long talk with God last nigt and I prayed hard and with an open heart and some things were revealed to me and I feel so much better. Thank you all

#5 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

Please remenber that God alone is good.The enemy can deceive even your own mother,so don't be suprised by being betrayed.

Jesus said "If you love only those that love you,then what reward is there in that".Forgive your freind and pray for him.Don't let the enemy tempt you to repay evil for evil.

#6 Mirrordin

Mirrordin

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Christian
  • San Diego California

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

Thank you so much Jason. A few people were telling me how easily I could get revenge upon my friend for what he had done to me. However I forgave him and I really didn't wish any harm upon him and now that I think about that and have talked with God it has made me really happy.

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:44 AM

Thank you so much Jason. A few people were telling me how easily I could get revenge upon my friend for what he had done to me. However I forgave him and I really didn't wish any harm upon him and now that I think about that and have talked with God it has made me really happy.

View Post

Revenge = an outside force controlling your actions.
Forgiveness = that power that tried to control your actions being taken away, and given back to you. You have the power to do the right thing. Revenge takes it away. Forgivness gives it back.

The result is that the thing that was done against has no power over you. Because you did not allow yourself to become full of hate. You basically have stripped the power away from Satan to try and make you stumble and fall.

When something bad happens to you, you have to remember who is behind it. Now you might use the logic that bad things just happen, so Satan cannot be possibly behind all of it. And you would be wrong.

Example: Do you think bad things happen everyday in Heaven? No? Now why is that? Satan has no controlling power in Heaven. But, he does here on earth. Now you might ask, why do bad things happen to good people? Simple. Satan only goes after those who are a threat to his kingdom. Which means what? It means that you have stepped onto his turf (in your Christian walk) and he has taken notice of you. And has tried, through your friend, to get to you to give up the faith.

But because you forgave your friend, that power that Satan welded over you for a short time (while you were mad), became useless (you stripped his power over you from him). You basically just had your first lesson in a head on confrontation in spiritual warfare. Where you realized that your weapons are not carnal (getting mad and taking revenge). Instead you took it to another level and fought it at the root of where it came from (Satan) instead of where it ended up (your friend). The result was what it should be. What happened had no effect but you learned from it.

So the next time something like this happens, you will analyze it and realize the root of it. And take the battle to that root and strip away the power to where again, it will have no effect. And Satan will soon learn he cannot fight you in this area. And your walk with Christ advances to a whole new level.

Now to understand the power of what might have happened if you had continued to follow the revenge action.

1) The revenge would have been an unGodly act. And possibly would have messed up any testimony to current friends about Christ. Now who would have benefited most from that? Satan.
2) After your revenge, would you have really felt as good as you lowered yourself to the level of your friend by doing the same thing? Of course not. There would have been zero satisfaction because you have a higher standard for yourself. To lower would have made you feel worse. So revenge would have defeated the purpose, and made you feel even worse.
3) And during all of this, was there a point where you mind ask the question: God, why did you allow this to happen? You see that was a direct attack on your faith. And who benefits from that? Satan.

You see when you only look through carnal eyes at all your problems, you only see carnal answers to them (revenge, getting mad etc..). But when you look through spiritual eyes, you see the root of the problem and can go to the one who gives you your spiritual weapons to do spiritual warfare.

Now for the power of using spiritual weapons.

1) Your testimony stays intact because you did not lower yourself to your friends level to get revenge. You earn Godly points with your friends because you answered the problem in a Godly way, setting an example for them.
2) You stripped away Satan's power.
3) You walk away from what happened knowing you did the right thing in God's eyes as well.

You see Satan's 3 main goals against mankind is to:

1) Kill (to get you to kill yourself through sin).
2) Steal (steal your soul).
3) Destroy (destroy your testimony so that your walk with Christ to others is zero).

Your right actions in this case took away all of what Satan could have done.

Now do you really want even more release from this? You go to the person who did this, and truly forgive him face to face. What this does is that it pours the coals of condemnation upon his head. Because he realizes that you are not mad, and were nice enough to forgive him anyway. This will plant a seed of goodwill that he will not soon forget. And what you do next is pray that it will grow. But your forgiveness face to face has to be genuine (you have to fully mean it). Because if that seed of condemnation works, he will turn to you for his guidance unto Christ, or forgiveness for what he did.

#8 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:58 AM

Forgiveness = that power that tried to control your actions being taken away, and given back to you. You have the power to do the right thing. Revenge takes it away. Forgivness gives it back.

The result is that the thing that was done against has no power over you. Because you did not allow yourself to become full of hate. You basically have stripped the power away from Satan to try and make you stumble and fall.

When something bad happens to you, you have to remember who is behind it. Now you might use the logic that bad things just happen, so Satan cannot be possibly behind all of it. And you would be wrong.

Example: Do you think bad things happen everyday in Heaven? No? Now why is that? Satan has no controlling power in Heaven. But, he does here on earth. Now you might ask, why do bad things happen to good people? Simple. Satan only goes after those who are a threat to his kingdom. Which means what? It means that you have stepped onto his turf (in your Christian walk) and he has taken notice of you. And has tried, through your friend, to get to you to give up the faith.

But because you forgave your friend, that power that Satan welded over you for a short time (while you were mad), became useless (you stripped his power over you from him). You basically just had your first lesson in a head on confrontation in spiritual warfare. Where you realized that your weapons are not carnal (getting mad and taking revenge). Instead you took it to another level and fought it at the root of where it came from (Satan) instead of where it ended up (your friend). The result was what it should be. What happened had no effect but you learned from it.

So the next time something like this happens, you will analyze it and realize the root of it. And take the battle to that root and strip away the power to where again, it will have no effect. And Satan will soon learn he cannot fight you in this area. And your walk with Christ advances to a whole new level.

Now to understand the power of what might have happened if you had continued to follow the revenge action.

1) The revenge would have been an unGodly act. And possibly would have messed up any testimony to current friends about Christ. Now who would have benefited most from that? Satan.
2) After your revenge, would you have really felt as good as you lowered yourself to the level of your friend by doing the same thing? Of course not. There would have been zero satisfaction because you have a higher standard for yourself. To lower would have made you feel worse. So revenge would have defeated the purpose, and made you feel even worse.
3) And during all of this, was there a point where you mind ask the question: God, why did you allow this to happen? You see that was a direct attack on your faith. And who benefits from that? Satan.

You see when you only look through carnal eyes at all your problems, you only see carnal answers to them (revenge, getting mad etc..). But when you look through spiritual eyes, you see the root of the problem and can go to the one who gives you your spiritual weapons to do spiritual warfare.

1) Your testimony stays intact because you did not lower yourself to your friends level to get revenge. You earn Godly points with your friends because you answered the problem in a Godly way, setting an example for them.
3) You walk away from what happened knowing you did the right thing in God's eyes as well.

3) Destroy (destroy your testimony so that your walk with Christ to others is zero).

Now do you really want even more release from this? You go to the person who did this, and truly forgive him face to face. What this does is that it pours the coals of condemnation upon his head. Because he realizes that you are not mad, and were nice enough to forgive him anyway. This will plant a seed of goodwill that he will not soon forget. And what you do next is pray that it will grow. But your forgiveness face to face has to be genuine (you have to fully mean it). Because if that seed of condemnation works, he will turn to you for his guidance unto Christ, or forgiveness for what he did.

View Post

Wonderful post Ike, you can just see why the papers and telly are filled with bad news, people who have ruined their lives and other peoples lives and caused anguish to loved ones all around, this is why we believe the bible.

#9 Mirrordin

Mirrordin

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Christian
  • San Diego California

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:10 PM

View Post

Thanks for the great post. I truely believe when bad things happen to us they have the power to bring us closer to God. This truely did bring me closer to the Lord and I really appreciate the time you put into your post and it is an amazing well thought out post I'm so glad you posted thank you so much.

#10 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Debates, Video Editing, Gaming, Bible Study.
  • Christian
  • Romania

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

Will pray.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users