#1 Ms.Butternut

Ms.Butternut

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Judaism non-orthodox
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:01 AM

God obviously wouldn't worship anyone or have to believe in anything per say, does that make God an Atheist?

If so, wouldn't that mean that millions of people are worshiping an, Atheist?

Let's keep the meaning of Atheist to a minimal of not believing in any God(s) or religion. I have heard the argument that Atheist have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow but I want to keep the definition as basic as religion and God.

Does worshiping an Atheist seem wrong to anyone?

#2 Guest_Alcatraz_*

Guest_Alcatraz_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:19 AM

God obviously wouldn't worship anyone or have to believe in anything per say, does that make God an Atheist?

Let's keep the meaning of Atheist to a minimal of not believing in any God(s) or religion. I have heard the argument that Atheist have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow but I want to keep the definition as basic as religion and God.

View Post

:lol:

This is either some clever mischief making....OR....It is a very deep theological/Philosophical question.

#3 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

View Post

Your joke shows that you know exactly what man should be doing and isn't doing with regard to God. ;)

#4 Ms.Butternut

Ms.Butternut

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Judaism non-orthodox
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:22 AM

;)

This is either some clever mischief making....OR....It is a very deep theological/Philosophical question.

View Post

I am not trying to stir up trouble, so it's OR a very deep Theological/philosophical question.

Your joke shows that you know exactly what man should be doing and isn't doing with regard to God.

It's not a joke and what exactly do I know that man should be doing and isn't doing with regard to God?

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:12 PM

View Post

No, God believes in Himself. He doesn't have to worship Himself, to know who He is. In fact, God doesn't believe in atheists (read Romans Ch 1). Therefore God is an Aatheist.
According to God, atheists are just crypto-theists living a delusional lie.

Your question is neither deep, nor is it theological.

#6 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

Since you are new, I believe I need to explain something. We don't allow time wasting threads. We have Atheists come by here all the time with prepared threads that they ask at every Christian forum they join as a joke to see how the Christians will react. Entertaining lurkers is basically what it is.

I know this is a normal question that is now being asked at several Christian forums because this is not the first time I have seen it. So it's not original, which makes me ask the question: What is your intent in posting an atheistic time wasting subject?

In fact all you have to do is Google it. There is even a website based on this: http://www.google.co... god an atheist

So you cannot claim to be the originator.

But if your intent at this forum is to post stuff like this (Copy and paste time wasting subjects), you won't last long. Just thought I would let you know.

#7 Ms.Butternut

Ms.Butternut

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Judaism non-orthodox
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:10 AM

Since you are new, I believe I need to explain something. We don't allow time wasting threads. We have Atheists come by here all the time with prepared threads that they ask at every Christian forum they join as a joke to see how the Christians will react. Entertaining lurkers is basically what it is.

Your other members that responded didn't think it was a waste of time, otherwise they wouldn't have responded.

I know this is a normal question that is now being asked at several Christian forums because this is not the first time I have seen it. So it's not original, which makes me ask the question: What is your intent in posting an atheistic time wasting subject?

I just googled the question and there are no other forums listed with the same question.
http://www.google.co...t&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Can you please direct me to those forums and I can take my discussion there since you consider it a waste of time.

Since people believe in God here, then certainly they would that know that God created me to. I don't think my questions are below any of yours. But thanks for letting me know that you think my questions are a waste of Christians time.

In fact all you have to do is Google it. There is even a website based on this: http://www.google.co... god an atheist

I did google my question.

So you cannot claim to be the originator.

I never said I was. Do my questions have to be original here? BTW, your link is the same as mine and I still don't see any Christian forums, can you just give a direct link to the Christian site in question of whether god is an atheist?

But if your intent at this forum is to post stuff like this (Copy and paste time wasting subjects), you won't last long. Just thought I would let you know.

View Post

That's no problem, just because you don't have an answer doesn't mean it's a waste of time for me.

#8 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:28 AM

That's no problem, just because you don't have an answer doesn't mean it's a waste of time for me.

View Post

You question was indeed answered butternut. It seems you don't like ythe answer, and that's not my fault.

#9 Ms.Butternut

Ms.Butternut

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Judaism non-orthodox
  • Atheist
  • Ohio

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:33 AM

You question was indeed answered butternut. It seems you don't like ythe answer, and that's not my fault.

View Post

I apologize, I didn't reply back to your answer because I thought name calling was a little out of line. I won't respond to anything that puts another person down, saying that God thinks this or that about Atheist is indeed insulting. I don't care what a persons beliefs are, and I certainly would never tell someone that God thinks they suck because of their beliefs.

You are right, I don't like immature answers.

#10 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:42 AM

I apologize, I didn't reply back to your answer because I thought name calling was a little out of line. I won't respond to anything that puts another person down, saying that God thinks this or that about Atheist is indeed insulting. I don't care what a persons beliefs are, and I certainly would never tell someone that God thinks they suck because of their beliefs.

View Post

Name calling?

I usually try and give newbies a second chance, but it is more than obvious you are here to stir up trouble. Why? You sterotype us all into one category (the worse one), and is the very reason you posted that question. It was for kicks. Let's see the Christians struggle with this one. I also went to the site where the idea came from. It's no better than the rational response squad, or it's other site the blasphemy challenge. So it's obvious that you think like this and is the very reason you ask such a question that:

1) Really has no bearing on anything.
2) Proves nothing. If the question could be answered, what would you gain from it? Would it change your life, or make you laugh (which is probably your intent as well)?
3) Really answers nothing because you or I cannot comprehend things beyond a certain point.

If you were searching for God by asking a legit question in this section, it would not have been a question like this. So your intent is clear and is why you made the statement below.

Even though you try and reverse the guilt and make look like the whole problem is my fault. It's not working. And sense you really have no respect for anyone who runs this forum that you would even listen to what they say, also means you are un-modable (means you will argue each and every time someone tries to tell you anything). Which wastes our time trying to deal with you.

Even Alcatraz reconized this was probably someone making a joke. Atheist who are "Bible scoffers" (hate God) love to ask questions about God or the Bible that cannot be answered because it makes them feel superior.

Now notice I did not sterotype all atheists into one group. I said: atheists who are Bible scoffers. There is a difference. And since you have mainly stayed in this section of the forum (Christian section), asking these types of questions (unanswerable time wasters). Ones where if you got an actual answer to, it would not make much difference to you because you would just ignore it. Or argue it into looking wrong (scoffing).

So I'm going to suspend you for 7 days, you can make up your mind if you want to straighten up and come back. At this forum we are not into quanity (many member), we are into quality of the debate and civil dialogue.

#11 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:39 AM

View Post

I wasn't calling anyone names Butternut, I was stating plane facts. But you do need to revisit your infantile initial post. It is illogical, it is non-theological, it is misinformed/misinforming and it is juvenile.

The Bible clearly states that God reveals Himself to everyone, but not everyone chooses to accept His truth! Therefore God doesn't believe in atheists:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them. For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse. Because, knowing God, they did not glorify Him as God, neither were thankful. But they became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools." Romans 1 18 - 22

Therefore, you simply do not like the Biblical answer! Plus, if you didn't "care what a persons beliefs are", you wouldn't have requested our opinion in this thread! Also, if you "don't like immature answers" don't post up immature questions!

And finally, I didn't post an immature answer, I directly addressed your immature post with Biblical FACT...

#12 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

The Bible clearly states that God reveals Himself to everyone

View Post

So why hasn't he revealed himself to me? Could it be that Paul might have got it wrong?

#13 Guest_Anghellik9_*

Guest_Anghellik9_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

Me jumping into this with only reading the first post:

No, God can't be an Atheist.
I would assume he believes in himself, unless he's insane and doesn't think that he exists.

#14 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:32 AM

So why hasn't he revealed himself to me?  Could it be that Paul might have got it wrong?

View Post

More likely you don't want to see Him. Its a "I did it my way" or "I want it my way" scenario. And no, Paul didn't get it wrong.

#15 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

So why hasn't he revealed himself to me?  Could it be that Paul might have got it wrong?

View Post

God knows what is really in a person's heart. If you really are not looking, then revealing Himself to you is not going to make a difference. Then why would He go to all that trouble?

For God to know all and see all would make it clear that He also knows that you are not really interested in knowing. Have you not already decided God does not exist? Have you ever spoken those exact words? God knows if you have or have not. These things have bearing on what He knows is a waste of time.

If you should change your mind, He also know that as well. But it's not what we think that matters, It's what is in our hearts because that is were truth resides.

#16 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

Me jumping into this with only reading the first post:

No, God can't be an Atheist.
I would assume he believes in himself, unless he's insane and doesn't think that he exists.

View Post

That was a logical and well reasoned post... Thank you :)

#17 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

When Paul was dealing with the waywardness and sin that was going on in the Corinthian church he said that he longed to see them but he stayed away on purpose lest in coming to them he would have to exercise his apostolic authority to punish them and deal severely with them. Paul was one who walked in the fulness of the power of the Holy Spirit. rather he begged the Corinthians by letter to sort out all the wrongdoing before he arrived in person

It is a God-like principle, we know if we have been christian for a while that if we want to walk close to the Lord we must put away the things that displease Him, there never has been a church revival [nor a revival in old Israel] when God's people have not had to "get right" with God or suffer the consequences.

That all sounds hard but it is just so I'm afraid, God will not fellowship with uncofessed sin-that is confessed and put away, washed away by the blood of Jesus. Nor will He fellowship with stubborn unbelief.

God hides His face on purpose because if He draws near rather than blessing us He must punish and He simply doesn't want to.

Now here is what happens [when the church is cold-in need of revival], God withdraws the fulness of His presence and society goes from bad to worse, people just go on becoming more and more wicked, violence, murder, s@x crimes increase. In society the strong and rich rise to places of power, corruption lifts it's ugly head, and start to oppress the poor and needy~God's people begin to groan and cry to God about these things.

When God's people set themselves to humble themselves and pray, God hears them and He says OK you want me to act then you have got to clean your act up then I will draw nigh unto thee and I will fight on your behalf against the wickedness in society. He will raise up men and women to go forth and call the people to repentance.

Even unbelieving historians will never deny the power and effect of men like Calvin or Luther or the Wesleys or the Salvation Army or even somebody like Billy Graham. These are God's servants and they not only bring about change in the church but they bring about change in society as well.

Europe at the present time has never been so long time without a real work of God, I could share much about how the Evangelical Alliance in the UK has fought tooth and nail to keep certain US ministries out of Britain.....I'm only thinking out loud as to why God sometimes seems to hide Himself.......

#18 Dave

Dave

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Christian
  • Central California

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

TottOn,

Very well put.

Whenever I hear my fellow believers express that God is judging our nation because of all the sin and corruption out there by the evil ones, I always remind them that it's our failure as believers in Christ to get down on our faces and "pray unceasingly" to the Lord that has caused God's judgment.

Also, a related thought. We are not being judged now because of all of the rampant sins of our nation -- particularly h*m*s*xuality, and now the ravages of the Obamanation. No, h*m*s*xuality and Obama are God's judgment -- particularly on unfaithful believers.

In other words, God isn't punishing our nation right now because of the h*m*sexuals, He's using h*m*sexuals as punishment against us. Before h*m*sexuals take pride in this, however, they should review in God's Word what He did to the evil empires once he was done using them to punish his people Israel. It's not very pleasant.

You said it much better than me. :)

Dave

#19 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

TottOn,

Very well put.

Whenever I hear my fellow believers express that God is judging our nation because of all the sin and corruption out there by the evil ones, I always remind them that it's our failure as believers in Christ to get down on our faces and "pray unceasingly" to the Lord that has caused God's judgment.

Also, a related thought. We are not being judged now because of all of the rampant sins of our nation -- particularly h*m*s*xuality, and now the ravages of the Obamanation. No, h*m*s*xuality and Obama are God's judgment -- particularly on unfaithful believers.

In other words, God isn't punishing our nation right now because of the h*m*sexuals, He's using h*m*sexuals as punishment against us. Before h*m*sexuals take pride in this, however, they should review in God's Word what He did to the evil empires once he was done using them to punish his people Israel. It's not very pleasant.

You said it much better than me.  :)

Dave

View Post

I do worry me because it is a bit like walking out into the sea, there comes a definite point [besides the fact that you do not know what is under your feet] when suddenly you are out of your depth and in serious trouble.
You can see in history [if you have eyes to see] how suddenly political leaders start to make serious errors of judgement, as they have done in recent years and in my opinion are now making very serious mistakes which will have a terrible backlash. In other words I think western society have gone too far away.

Of course this not a situation in which the devil has no part in, Nazism and communism did not spring out of no-where and we can see [if you have eyes to see] how the warning voices in Europe are being silenced, a great deal of political correctness is the softly, softly, creep of authoritarianism. The fascists and commies used to beat people up, but the political correctness brigade threat of litigation is just as real.

#20 Dave

Dave

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Christian
  • Central California

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:39 PM

... serious errors of judgement, ... very serious mistakes ...

View Post

I don't think they are making serious errors in judgment, or serious mistakes. I believe they know exactly what they are doing. They are doing it on purpose.

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users