Hi Everyone

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Taikoo_*

Guest_Taikoo_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hi everyone!

I have been posting for a couple of days now, then realized I did not introduce myself!

Ok lets see...I'm from Hong Kong, immigrated with my mom and step dad at the age to start middle school here in the midwest. What a shock! Well I had to learn how to swim in that kind of ocean or die, so i learned. i wasnt Ms Popularity but i figured out how to get along.

i already spoke good English since mom taught English at a small college and sent me to a church sponsored grade school. So, I got some Sunday school along with the rest of it. That is really the only religion I ever got, tho we are sort of Buddhists at home. Sort of. My boyfriend calls me a Jack-Buddhist, whatever exactly that is.

In China of course, the reality of evolution and geological age is taken as so obvious!
So I was surprised to find out there are people here who take what i considered children's stories in the Bible seriously. To tell the truth i am still trying to figure it out.

i find Christianity to be very odd. I cant figure out what it is really about or why people believe in it.

These days my life is like this: Couple of pretty bad things have happened in my life that caused me a lot of emotional problems. So...it seems like sometimes Im not in as good emotional control as is good, and i have all this rage and hostility in me that i take out on people. Not on everyone, just on men. i was doing it in another forum and got kicked out and i dont blame them. Hope that was a good learning experience for me!

Reason I got started with forums was, one bad thing that happened was i got hit by a car. (December) So, broken leg, cant do anything, i found my way into a forum. Now I am back at it because Im out of school, out of work just going nuts. Im kind of hyper and HAVE to be doing something !! Or three things at once, and one of them is I',m kind of a born chatterbox. if nobody guessed.

Well enough from me! i already learned a couple of interesting things in here and found myself looking for a couple of my textbooks too. so this will be an interesting challenge for me.

ok bye now..
Taikoo

#2 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

Hi Taikoo,

I enjoyed reading your introduction. I believe I may have misinterpreted your motives here from earlier conversations. I believe that you'll discover that most YEC people who believe those wild stories in Genesis were convinced by the evidence. I hope you take the time to consider why we believe what we believe.

I was ready to be a content 'theistic evolutionist' of sorts until I started looking at the arguments involved. Once the arguments were presented to me, and I contimplated their implications, I felt obligated to not only believe these wild accounts in Genesis but to defend them.

Welcome aboard! :)

Adam

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Also...

As much as I don't envy what you've been through, I pray that the current situations in your life put you right where God needs you to be. I don't know if that is appreciated or not but I firmly believe that the things in your life are a product of grace tailored to make you look up. :)

#4 Guest_Taikoo_*

Guest_Taikoo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:05 AM

Hi Taikoo,

I enjoyed reading your introduction. I believe I may have misinterpreted your motives here from earlier conversations. I believe that you'll discover that most YEC people who believe those wild stories in Genesis were convinced by the evidence. I hope you take the time to consider why we believe what we believe.

I was ready to be a content 'theistic evolutionist' of sorts until I started looking at the arguments involved. Once the arguments were presented to me, and I contimplated their implications, I felt obligated to not only believe these wild accounts in Genesis but to defend them.

Welcome aboard! :)

Adam

View Post

Thanks for kind words, and yes actually I am very interested in knowing why people believe and think the things they do.

I hope to learn a lot, and maybe here and there someone will learn something from me.

#5 Guest_FrankH_*

Guest_FrankH_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for kind words, and yes actually I am very interested in knowing why people believe and think the things they do.

I hope to learn a lot, and maybe here and there someone will learn something from me.

View Post

Howdy Taikoo,

You're no longer the FNG, or "Freaking New Guy". Of course many use a less than subtle word instead of "Freaking". That would be me.

My name is Frank and "Hi" to all.

#6 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

Sorry about that car crash. I hope you feel welcome here.

--------------

#7 QED

QED

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • University of Texas, Texas

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hello and welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic