• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • USA

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

I have a big monitor and I tried shrinking the page zoom in/out with the browser. The layout has 50% blank space and doesn't seem very intuitive. I am thankful to have read the info on how to get to your post faster. Because of the "blank space/layout" I find this forum difficult to use. Could you consider changing it for the new year or something? Luckily I just found the email notification of replies. There may also be cheaper/more efficient forum engines out there.

Thanks, have a good day.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

One of the reasons we stick with the current forum program is because of the custom skins. They do not work on the newer versions. Also the problem you have is not just a forum program problem, but a skin problem. It takes a lot of testing and code reading to fix. And most forum saves do not load up in another forum program so all the posts, threads, members, etc... Would get lost.

Fred may upgrade one day, but it would require a lot of work to make sure it runs correctly. And there is no garuntee that the current information will transfer and not be lost.

#3 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:07 AM

I have a big monitor and I tried shrinking the page zoom in/out with the browser.  The layout has 50% blank space and doesn't seem very intuitive.  I am thankful to have read the info on how to get to your post faster.  Because of the "blank space/layout" I find this forum difficult to use.  Could you consider changing it for the new year or something?  Luckily I just found the email notification of replies.  There may also be cheaper/more efficient forum engines out there.

Thanks, have a good day.

View Post

You make a copy of it and test it on another machine or even make a virtual box/machine, hopefully he can soon.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:19 AM

You make a copy of it and test it on another machine or even make a virtual box/machine, hopefully he can soon.

View Post

He would have to pay a tech to do it that is from where they sell the forum program. Upgrades are free if you pay for the new version. Since Fred does not ask for donations, all of it comes out of his pocket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users