Hi!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_martemius_*

Guest_martemius_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

I'm new here, plan on posting at least a wee little bit. As far as religion goes, I'd primarily classify myself as a/ignostic overall and philosophically agnostic but pragmatically atheist (in the sense of: without evidence for him, I don't see much point in bothering myself with the possibility of his existence) about the Abrahamic God in particular. As far as science goes, I don't know much about biology but I know a good bit about physics, so anything I'll post will focus more on big bang-type stuff than evolution arguments.
This looks like a good place, hope there's some level-minded people around here. :)

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:30 AM

Welcome to the boards :).

#3 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

I'm new here, plan on posting at least a wee little bit.  As far as religion goes, I'd primarily classify myself as a/ignostic overall and philosophically agnostic but pragmatically atheist (in the sense of: without evidence for him, I don't see much point in bothering myself with the possibility of his existence) about the Abrahamic God in particular.  As far as science goes, I don't know much about biology but I know a good bit about physics, so anything I'll post will focus more on big bang-type stuff than evolution arguments.
This looks like a good place, hope there's some level-minded people around here.  :)

View Post

Hi Martemius,

Welcome to the forum :) I hope we get plenty of chances to learn from each other.

I hope you don't take this question the wrong way. It's not intended to be such, its just an honest query.

If you "don't see much point in bothering myself with the possibility of Gods existence", then why come to a forum like this one to discuss the possibility of His nonexistence?

Why, bother yourself?

Again, I'm not attempting to be condescending or argumentative here. I'm just curious based upon your statement that I emboldened for emphasis. And thought it would be a good idea that you had the chance to expound.

#4 Guest_martemius_*

Guest_martemius_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

Well, if I see credible evidence for his existence, then I suppose I'll bother myself with the possibility.

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:54 AM

Well, if I see credible evidence for his existence, then I suppose I'll bother myself with the possibility.

View Post

Its not what I asked, but that's okay.

#6 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hi Martemius, welcome to EFT! I hope you enjoy your stay.

#7 Mankind

Mankind

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Christian
  • Southeast

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

Hi welcome to the forum. When you say you hope there are level-minded people around here, are you saying you hope there aren't people that believe in Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and a flat earth? :lol: j/k

I see God in everything, but of course I look at everthing as if I am looking through the Bible. Every statement of faith I can get my hands on, in church, school, online, I sign it boldly and proudly. I see God in mankind, how different we are than animals and plants, I see God in his creation, we are here somehow, I see God in design, in natural nanomachines that are way ahead of anything man can duplicate at this time. In other words when I put my creation glasses on I can see God. Enjoy the conversations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users