Completely Missed This Mini-forum

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Thanos_*

Guest_Thanos_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry I didn't post here earlier. I just like to jump into things if you catch my drift.

So I'm Bill, live in Canada. Born in Chaoyang, China, not that anyone cares lol.
I'm currently studying Geology at Simone Fraser university in Vancouver, BC and I'm getting to my fourth year courses. I originally wanted to major in geography, and got up to many second and third year courses in geography but had a change of heart and switched over to geology. I still am unsure of what I want to major in for my Masters but Hydrology and Seismology seems like where I'm planning to go right now.

I tend not to enforce belief or an idea down your throat becuase I find that is not what we should do. I just present my side, whether you agree with it or not is purely up to you.

What ticks me off mainly is incorrect information. Just information in general, whether it be about science or about the Bible or anything at all.

I got into the discussion of Evolution vs Creation when I was trying to learn more about Jesus (youtube leads you into many different places and once you start, sometimes it's hard to stop lol). You see, I was raised in a Confucianism society in which religion didn't take too much part in daily life. I just wanted to know if Jesus actually existed and I went about looking at documentaries and reading books and stuff like that. Because whether he existed or not, his legacy still carries on today. And it makes you think, what could one person possibly have done to has survived for 2000+ years now. I mean yes there are other people who we know like Achilles and Zeus but they don't effect society as much as Jesus does. So I just wanted to get to the bottom of that. I still haven't gotten to the bottom of it so if anyone has any books/articles/documentaries you might recommend, please suggest away.

That's about all I want to talk about right now, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I don't bite :lol:

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

Hi. and welcome.

The thing about studying about Jesus. Is to always check out the author. The reason I say that is because there are several Bible Scoffers out there that will put out certain books "made to look" like a documentary, but are not. They will add a bunch of stuff that is negitive made up to make a person not want to know Jesus.

The best books are the ones that give the information, without much selling on the subject. Then let you decide.

Books written by Bible scoffers will have a certain tactic to draw you in. They will first sound all nice and have very pleasant comments to make on the subject. Then once you get settled in, they start throwing curves. And as the book progresses, it will get worse until you are pissed off once you get to the end of it. Those type books are written with an agenda to make the reader to "never" want to read anymore about Jesus once finished.

But what's ironic for people who claim he does not exist. They sure go to some extra effort to try and prove it. Because if I truly believed He did not exist, I would not waste 1 second of my time, or 1 cent of my money. But they don't have enough faith to prove it to themselves, so they are constantly justifying their disabelief.

You won't find any other belief attacked like the one about Jesus. Just try and get an atheist here to attack Allah on a forum promoting Allah and you will see. They won't do it. Which says volumes. How?

They have enough faith that Allah does not exist, so they don't bother. But when it come to Christ..... It's an all out war with some people.

#3 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2476 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:33 PM

I got into the discussion of Evolution vs Creation when I was trying to learn more about Jesus (youtube leads you into many different places and once you start, sometimes it's hard to stop lol). You see, I was raised in a Confucianism society in which religion didn't take too much part in daily life. I just wanted to know if Jesus actually existed and I went about looking at documentaries and reading books and stuff like that. Because whether he existed or not, his legacy still carries on today. And it makes you think, what could one person possibly have done to has survived for 2000+ years now. I mean yes there are other people who we know like Achilles and Zeus but they don't effect society as much as Jesus does. So I just wanted to get to the bottom of that. I still haven't gotten to the bottom of it so if anyone has any books/articles/documentaries you might recommend, please suggest away.

View Post

There are two books I would recommend:

1) "More Than A Carpenter" - Josh McDowell (dirt cheap at Amazon here).
2) Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis

Fred

#4 Guest_Thanos_*

Guest_Thanos_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:19 AM

There are two books I would recommend:

1) "More Than A Carpenter" - Josh McDowell (dirt cheap at Amazon here).
2) Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis

Fred

View Post

Thanks a lot, I'll look into getting those.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

Just thought about this book. If you want to do research on how Christ is attacked more than any other belief. Get the book named: The long war against God. Written by Henry Morris. It's a real eye opener as to why so many people go to so much trouble. One could say it's about 90% documentry. Because he gives references for everything. And a lot of history to go along with it.

#6 Guest_Thanos_*

Guest_Thanos_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:46 PM

Just thought about this book. If you want to do research on how Christ is attacked more than any other belief. Get the book named: The long war against God. Written by Henry Morris. It's a real eye opener as to why so many people go to so much trouble. One could say it's about 90% documentry. Because he gives references for everything. And a lot of history to go along with it.

View Post

Thanks. I think it's becuase Christianity is the largest religion in the world, hence it gets attacked more. Just like USA is the powerhouse of the world, hence it's in the spotlight all the time.

#7 Mankind

Mankind

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Christian
  • Southeast

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

Welcome to the forums. I also notice that Jesus is still affecting souls on this earth. Throughout every year I see many people come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. I also am blessed to be able to lead some into that knowledge. That changes a person and their eyes are opened. It is supernatural, no getting around it. Blessings on you in your journey to the truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users