sherlockmethod

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Knoxville, Tennessee

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

I read the intro forums and new members appear to be starting individual threads instead of saying hello on one. The members seem to accept this practice so I will continue with an individual thread also.

I accept the Theory of Evolution as a fact. I do not engage in debates concerning the existence of a supernatural god, generally. I am here, for the most part, to discuss some of the issues presented by young earth proponents dealing with natural sciences and history. I am familiar with many of the positions I have read on the forums before applying, and I look forward to new arguments. Some of my responses will be slow, as I am very long winded and I try to source material from actual books, if possible. I work next to the library so this is fairly easy for me to do.

Much of the literature I have read concerning young earth creationism I borrowed from the library; although, I do own a few young earth texts and a litany of secular science books. I am familiar with many of the video presentations from young earth creationists, but I have not seen all available of course. Currently, I review Answers in Genesis, ICR, and Apologetics Press for materials concerning the young earth position when new materials are not available at the library. In addition, I am familiar with some aspects of the Baraminology research done by Dr. Kurt Wise. I do not have access to any material that requires a statement of faith, as I consider making such a statement falsely to be dishonest, academically or otherwise.

In addition to my acceptance of the Theory of Evolution, I have reviewed the evidence concerning the Big Bang model of the Universe and agree the evidence is in good order and the model is probably correct.

On a personal note, I am married with no children. I have two cats (I will refer to them as “kittehs”) and my wife has a dog – he hates me. I have a BS in political science and a minor background in law. The latter is a nice way of saying I did not finish law school, nor do I intend to do so. I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes and have not seen the movie as I am sure I will not like it. I look forward to discussion on many of the issues I have seen presented on this forum and thank the site administrator for allowing me an opportunity to be a part of the forum.

#2 Mankind

Mankind

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Southeast

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

Welcome to the forum.

"There, but for the grace of God, goes Sherlock Holmes." - Sherlock Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

If you want the dog to like you, you find a treat he likes and only you give it to him. But, only if he allows you to pet him, and he is nice about it, then you give it to him.

The dog thinks he is in competition for your wife's affection with you. If you teach the dog he can be friends with you and her, he won't be so jelous.

Chow dogs on the other hand only bond with one owner. But our chow was an acception. He liked everyone. He was more excited to see his original owner (my brother), but was nice to everyone :) .

Welcome to the forum. :lol:

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:19 AM

I read the intro forums and new members appear to be starting individual threads instead of saying hello on one. The members seem to accept this practice so I will continue with an individual thread also.

I accept the Theory of Evolution as a fact. I do not engage in debates concerning the existence of a supernatural god, generally. I am here, for the most part, to discuss some of the issues presented by young earth proponents dealing with natural sciences and history. I am familiar with many of the positions I have read on the forums before applying, and I look forward to new arguments. Some of my responses will be slow, as I am very long winded and I try to source material from actual books, if possible. I work next to the library so this is fairly easy for me to do.

Much of the literature I have read concerning young earth creationism I borrowed from the library; although, I do own a few young earth texts and a litany of secular science books. I am familiar with many of the video presentations from young earth creationists, but I have not seen all available of course. Currently, I review Answers in Genesis, ICR, and Apologetics Press for materials concerning the young earth position when new materials are not available at the library. In addition, I am familiar with some aspects of the Baraminology research done by Dr. Kurt Wise. I do not have access to any material that requires a statement of faith, as I consider making such a statement falsely to be dishonest, academically or otherwise.

In addition to my acceptance of the Theory of Evolution, I have reviewed the evidence concerning the Big Bang model of the Universe and agree the evidence is in good order and the model is probably correct.

On a personal note, I am married with no children. I have two cats (I will refer to them as “kittehs”) and my wife has a dog – he hates me. I have a BS in political science and a minor background in law. The latter is a nice way of saying I did not finish law school, nor do I intend to do so. I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes and have not seen the movie as I am sure I will not like it. I look forward to discussion on many of the issues I have seen presented on this forum and thank the site administrator for allowing me an opportunity to be a part of the forum.

View Post

Welcome to this forum sherlockmethod.

By the way, if you "accept the Theory of Evolution as a fact", you do so on the basis of faith. Which is fine, because its your faith to do so with what ever you wish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users