Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • mississippi

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

Show me an experiment that I can do to show that your God exists and you might have a leg to stand on Scott.
What have extremely liberal thought processes got to do with anything?  Do you think I'm a Liberal? Or that I think too liberally?

View Post

You are an atheist/liberal. I've already shown you the evidence that God exist, all you have to do is actually read what's written on the forum. Until you actually read the threads, or provide evidence supporting your atheistical beliefs (which you obviously don't have, which we have seen time and time again on this forum) then you might actually have a leg to stand on, instead of leaning on your atheistical beliefs, which are basically falling like Dominos.

Go outside, look, think, the evidence of God is all around you. It's up to you to actually think about it instead of blindly accepting politcally correct ideas, and wishy washy atheist beliefs which have absolutely no basis in reality and that have ALREADY been shown time and time again as patently false.

#2 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

You are an atheist/liberal.  I've already shown you the evidence that God exist, all you have to do is actually read what's written on the forum.  Until you actually read the threads, or provide evidence supporting your atheistical beliefs (which you obviously don't have, which we have seen time and time again on this forum) then you might actually have a leg to stand on, instead of leaning on your atheistical beliefs, which are basically falling like Dominos.

Go outside, look, think, the evidence of God is all around you.  It's up to you to actually think about it instead of blindly accepting politcally correct ideas, and wishy washy atheist beliefs which have absolutely no basis in reality and that have ALREADY been shown time and time again as patently false.

View Post

I'm an atheist. Not a liberal. I don't believe the evidence that you post supporting your belief in God. It is simply unbelievable.

#3 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

I'm an atheist.  Not a liberal.  I don't believe the evidence that you post supporting your belief in God.  It is simply unbelievable.

View Post

Well you haven't even shown that your not a liberal, and plus it's your problem if you don't like the obvious evidence that's extremely believable that's presented each and everytime. It is simply believable.

#4 Javabean

Javabean

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Harrisburg

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:31 AM

Well you haven't even shown that your not a liberal, and plus it's your problem if you don't like the obvious evidence that's extremely believable that's presented each and everytime.  It is simply believable.

View Post

So because he doesn't see the world around him as evidence for the existance of anything divine that makes him a liberal? No that makes him an Atheist.

And why the ad hominem attack on him anyways? How did calling him a liberal help your case in any meaningful way? Do you think its impossible to be a liberal and a Christian at the same time?

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:35 AM

I split this off of: http://www.evolution...766 because it really had nothing to do with the OP. I've been thinking about splitting it for a while now, and decided it was best because it gives both sides a chance to discuss it without derailing the original OP.

#6 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:48 AM

So because he doesn't see the world around him as evidence for the existance of anything divine that makes him a liberal?  No that makes him an Atheist.  Of course what might happen on this forum, is some atheist will play the I'm not a liberal game, when in reality they are.  So it will be hard to convince me otherwise.

And why the ad hominem attack on him anyways?  How did calling him a liberal help your case in any meaningful way?  Do you think its impossible to be a liberal and a Christian at the same time?

View Post

No I have good reasons from past evidence on this very forum that he is a liberal. I have a very very very good solid foundation for the correct belief that the majority of atheist are liberal. It's just one of those blatant facts of life. Now on some extremely rare occasions an athiest might not be a liberal.

I don't care what political affiliation someone has, or what country they are from. If they support g*y marriage ( any country), the banning of guns ( any country), the socialization of ( any country ), and the blatant mis-representation of the Word of God then they are liberal. Of course I may be missing some things. ( actually I know I am, but this is just from the top of my head)

You can disagree with me all day long on this, but it's just a fact, and I will not be moved from my take on this, because it is true.

Do I believe that one can be a liberal and a Christian? No, because if they were a christian, then they would have absolutely no business being a liberal, because the difference between a liberal, and a christian is as plain as night and day.

#7 Scanman

Scanman

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • West Virginia

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

No I have good reasons from past evidence on this very forum that he is a liberal.  I have a very very very good solid foundation for the correct belief that the majority of atheist are liberal.  It's just one of those blatant facts of life.  Now on some extremely rare occasions an athiest might not be a liberal.

I don't care what political affiliation someone has, or what country they are from.  If they support g*y marriage ( any country), the banning of guns ( any country), the socialization of ( any country ), and the blatant mis-representation of the Word of God then they are liberal. Of course I may be missing some things. ( actually I know I am, but this is just from the top of my head)

You can disagree with me all day long on this, but it's just a fact, and I will not be moved from my take on this, because it is true.

Do I believe that one can be a liberal and a Christian?  No, because if they were a christian, then they would have absolutely no business being a liberal, because the difference between a liberal, and a christian is as plain as night and day.

View Post

Can you be a Christian and a Communist?

Peace

#8 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

Can you be a Christian and a Communist?

Peace

View Post

I'd have my doubt's about that, because I know that Russians for many years tried to hold Christian Denominations, and Christianity itself was put under close scrutiny by the Russian government. Remember, just because a countries people are forced under certain government, that does not make them affiliated with that government.

Can you show me a true Bible Believing Christian, that holds on to the doctrine of Communism Dearly, and preciously at the same time????

#9 Scanman

Scanman

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • West Virginia

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

I'd have my doubt's about that, because I know that Russians for many years tried to hold Christian Denominations, and Christianity itself was put under close scrutiny by the Russian government.  Remember, just because a countries people are forced under certain government, that does not make them affiliated with that government.

Can you show me a true Bible Believing Christian, that holds on to the doctrine of Communism Dearly, and preciously at the same time????

View Post

The very first Christians practiced communism.

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need." Acts 2:44,45

I know, I know...it was kind of a trick question. :lol:

Peace
  • KTskater likes this

#10 Guest_istan_*

Guest_istan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

No I have good reasons from past evidence on this very forum that he is a liberal.  I have a very very very good solid foundation for the correct belief that the majority of atheist are liberal.  It's just one of those blatant facts of life.  Now on some extremely rare occasions an athiest might not be a liberal.

I don't care what political affiliation someone has, or what country they are from.  If they support g*y marriage ( any country), the banning of guns ( any country), the socialization of ( any country ), and the blatant mis-representation of the Word of God then they are liberal. Of course I may be missing some things. ( actually I know I am, but this is just from the top of my head)

Do I believe that one can be a liberal and a Christian?  No, because if they were a christian, then they would have absolutely no business being a liberal, because the difference between a liberal, and a christian is as plain as night and day.

View Post

It would seem to me jesus is a liberal. There seem to be evidence to support this.
1. a conserative groug want to "correct the Bible by removing things at promote the liberal point of view.
2.Eight times in the Bible we are told to love our neighbor. And the neighbor is the mexican acoss town, the man or woman in the homeless shelter. When Jesus was asked by someone who his neighbor was (Luke 10:29), Jesus responded by telling the story of the good Samaritan -- who helped a stranger in need by the roadside. Then, in verse 37, Jesus told the man to go and do like the good Samaritan.
3. Some people say a good Christian has a gun. but jesus But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

4. should we help the 10 of million without heath insurance?
what did jesus say?
1 PETER 2:15 TEV
15 For God wants you to silence the ignorant talk of foolish people by the good things you do.

1 TIMOTHY 6:18 CEV
18 Instruct them to do as many good deeds as they can and to help everyone. Remind the rich to be generous and share what they have.

PHILIPPIANS 2:4 NKJ
4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

MATTHEW 25:37,40 NKJ
37 ". . .`Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
40 "And the King will answer and say to them, `Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'

you may think providing for needy neighbor is being a liberal but is also jesus command.

FYI In the town i live in i am tough of being on the conserative side

#11 Guest_Tommy_*

Guest_Tommy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

We live in a world slanted toward liberalism. Allowing women to work and bring a second income home to a smaller family is the main criterion in social development and reducing poverty.

#12 Guest_tharock220_*

Guest_tharock220_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

You are an atheist/liberal.  I've already shown you the evidence that God exist, all you have to do is actually read what's written on the forum.  Until you actually read the threads, or provide evidence supporting your atheistical beliefs (which you obviously don't have, which we have seen time and time again on this forum) then you might actually have a leg to stand on, instead of leaning on your atheistical beliefs, which are basically falling like Dominos.

Go outside, look, think, the evidence of God is all around you.  It's up to you to actually think about it instead of blindly accepting politcally correct ideas, and wishy washy atheist beliefs which have absolutely no basis in reality and that have ALREADY been shown time and time again as patently false.

View Post

Scott, what is your definition of liberal, and why do you define it that way???

We live in a world slanted toward liberalism. Allowing women to work and bring a second income home to a smaller family is the main criterion in social development and reducing poverty.

This really wouldn't fall under liberal anymore.

#13 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

The very first Christians practiced communism.

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need." Acts 2:44,45

I know, I know...it was kind of a trick question.  :rolleyes:

Peace

View Post

Then why do Christians face the most persecution in Communist countries? I think me and you both know there is something your not telling us.

#14 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

It would seem to me jesus is a liberal.  There seem to be evidence to support this.
   1. a conserative groug want to "correct the Bible  by removing things at promote the liberal point of view.
   2.Eight times in the Bible we are told to love our neighbor.  And the neighbor is the mexican acoss town, the man or woman in the homeless shelter. When Jesus was asked by someone who his neighbor was (Luke 10:29), Jesus responded by telling the story of the good Samaritan -- who helped a stranger in need by the roadside. Then, in verse 37, Jesus told the man to go and do like the good Samaritan.
   3. Some people say a good Christian has a gun.  but jesus  But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

4. should we help the 10 of million without heath insurance?
    what did jesus say?
1 PETER 2:15 TEV
15 For God wants you to silence the ignorant talk of foolish people by the good things you do.

1 TIMOTHY 6:18 CEV
18 Instruct them to do as many good deeds as they can and to help everyone. Remind the rich to be generous and share what they have.

PHILIPPIANS 2:4 NKJ
4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

MATTHEW 25:37,40 NKJ
37 ". . .`Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
40 "And the King will answer and say to them, `Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'

you may think providing for needy neighbor is being a liberal but is also jesus command.

FYI  In the town i live in i am tough of being on the conserative side

View Post

Jesus and his disciples carried swords, but did not have (even though they did and Jesus miraculously healed the wounded man's ear by putting it back on) to use them. Self protection is very important. To look out for others, you totally miss the point.

Love our neighbor yes, but when you neglect your family and their saftey, that is a SIN.

Don't throw pearls to swine. That is one very important thing liberals miss, because they arrogantly want to believe that everyone is supposedly ( children of the white light and can do no wrong). Which is patently false.

#15 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:25 PM

Scott, what is your definition of liberal, and why do you define it that way???

View Post

What I define as a liberal, is someone who supports not having to work for what you own ( against capitalism ). Someone who thinks that since the police exist, that guns aren't necessary, and since Jesus said turn the other cheek, that we should NEVER protect ourselves or our families... such is incorrect, plus it would be a sin to neglect your friends or family who are in trouble.

A liberal as I define also thinks that you should forgive people no matter what, punish success, and give rewards to failure ( throwing pearls to swine). Jesus said that we should forgive if the person who sinned against you repents. Liberals miss that part. If the person themselves doesn't repent then there is no change in heart whatsoever. They also think g*y marriage is totally acceptable, and that it should never be questioned, but upheld regardless of what the Bible says against it. Liberals also claim the Bible doesn't mention that there is anything wrong with g*y marriage, but anyone who has actually read the Bible knows for a fact that line of logic is false.

I believe the way I do, because I believe in the Bible, Gods Word. If I see a person in need, I try to help as much as I can. I put God first, or at least I try.

Do you agree with my definition? Or do you have more to add. I'd like to honestly discuss this with you.

#16 Javabean

Javabean

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Harrisburg

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

Jesus and his disciples carried swords, but did not have (even though they did and Jesus miraculously healed the wounded man's ear by putting it back on) to use them.  Self protection is very important.  To look out for others, you totally miss the point.

Love our neighbor yes, but when you neglect your family and their saftey, that is a SIN.

Don't throw pearls to swine.  That is one very important thing liberals miss, because they arrogantly want to believe that everyone is supposedly ( children of the white light and can do no wrong).  Which is patently false.

View Post

:blink: What I think you need to state your reference there. I don't by it at all.

#17 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

:blink:   What I think you need to state your reference there.  I don't by it at all.

View Post

Then you need to read your Bible more:

John 18:10 " Then Simon Peter having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. "

John 18:11 " So Jesus said to Peter, " Put your sword into the sheath, Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?"

Luke 22:35-38... this series of scripture completely annihilates liberal thought processes of people or Jesus and his disciples NOT protecting themselves: This is Jesus speaking to his disciples

" And He said to them, " When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything? " So they said, " Nothing."

Then He said to them, " But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."

" For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end."

So they said, " Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, " It is enough."

I hope this has answered your question sufficiently.

#18 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:28 AM

I'm an atheist.  Not a liberal.  I don't believe the evidence that you post supporting your belief in God.  It is simply unbelievable.

View Post

Are you conservative then?

Sarah Michelle Gellar that used to play buffy on the vampire slayer is an atheist-conservative. And when she announced that, her acting career went into the sewer.

#19 Javabean

Javabean

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Harrisburg

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Then you need to read your Bible more:

John 18:10 " Then Simon Peter having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear.  The servant's name was Malchus. "

John 18:11 "  So Jesus said to Peter, " Put your sword into the sheath, Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?"

Luke 22:35-38... this series of scripture completely annihilates liberal thought processes of people or Jesus and his disciples NOT protecting themselves: This is Jesus speaking to his disciples

" And He said to them, " When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything? "  So they said, " Nothing."

Then He said to them, " But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."

" For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end."

So they said, " Lord, look, here are two swords."  And He said to them, " It is enough."
I hope this has answered your question sufficiently.

View Post

of course you ignore Matthew 26:52 - Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. (NIV)

And you did say Jesus carried a sword. What you quoted showed at least one of his disciples carried a sword. I still don't believe Jesus would ever carry a sword.

#20 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:18 AM

of course you ignore Matthew 26:52 - Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. (NIV)

And you did say Jesus carried a sword.  What you quoted showed at least one of his disciples carried a sword.  I still don't believe Jesus would ever carry a sword.

View Post

No Javabean, I did not ignore that scripture, that is specifically why I posted it. Stop ignoring the obvious, because the sword was drawn, and it was used to cut off an ear.

I don't know if Jesus carried a sword, but being the son of a carpenter, he was required to use sharp objects all the time. Plus who is to say that Jesus never did any fishing or hunting? Who is to say Jesus never used such things, when the Bible doesn't specifically confirm it.

Also nope Javabean, the scripture shows that their were 2 swords's, because Jesus specifically stated: It is enough. Plus, this absolutely confirms that Jesus accepts the reality of self protection.

You'll also notice that turn the other cheek, does not involve swords.

You'll also notice that Jesus asked the disciples to go buy swords, if you read the above scriptures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users