Newcomer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Wisconsin

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Evolution Fairytale and I'd like to introduce myself.

I've been a lurker for a few weeks now. My goal here is to understand.

#2 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

View Post

Welcome to EFT starter. I hope and pray you gain much knowledge and understanding :)

#3 Mankind

Mankind

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Southeast

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

Welcome.

#4 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:23 PM

Welcome to our our forum :D

#5 Guest_Darkness45_*

Guest_Darkness45_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

View Post

Welcome. Don't be afraid to post any questions or comments, I think getting involved into the debate is one of the better ways to learn exactly what it is all about.

If I may ask, you said your goal is to understand, does this mean that you are new to the debate in general?

#6 Starter

Starter

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Wisconsin

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

Welcome. Don't be afraid to post any questions or comments, I think getting involved into the debate is one of the better ways to learn exactly what it is all about.

If I may ask, you said your goal is to understand, does this mean that you are new to the debate in general?

View Post

No, unfortunately I'm not new to the discussion.

I was raised as a Christian, became an Agnostic, then an Atheist, and a Christian again. I've experienced some things in my life that compelled me to face the fact that God is real. I've studied other religions and I'm back at Christianity.

P.S. I'm trying to spend some time reading and learning the rules. I have a lot of questions and thoughts and would like to avoid getting banned. I ask a lot of questions and I'd like to ask them the right way.

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

I was raised as a Christian, became an Agnostic, then an Atheist, and a Christian again. I've experienced some things in my life that compelled me to face the fact that God is real.  I've studied other religions and I'm back at Christianity.

P.S. I'm trying to spend some time reading and learning the rules. I have a lot of questions and thoughts and would like to avoid getting banned. I ask a lot of questions and I'd like to ask them the right way.

View Post

As long as you don't become a time waster by dodging questions ask of you, and don't belittle people, cuss or call others names (all the things that most people get banned for), Then you will have no problems. Basically as a Christian I don't see where you would have a problem with that. Doing what the Bible tells you would be going beyond staying inline with the rules here.

But many join to test the rules a play a childish game called: Let's see how fast I can get banned. Others join because they hate Christians-creationist and want to express that hate, and because I have been doing this long enough to reconize them before they start, I avoid their game play by getting rid of them. They come in here using the same lingo they use at threre own forums, it makes the Creation haters easy to pick out.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with evolutionists. I have a problem with those who use evolution as a tool to hate Christian-creationists. And the same goes for those who use their Christian faith to hate evos. Neither is tolerated.

Evolutionists who use evolution as a tool to hate Christian-creationists are using a form of social Darwinism. Because if it were scientific to belittle, stereotype, and cuss people out. It would be written in the rules and methods of science. But I have yet to have anyone show me these written rules that includes these things.

Christians will sometimes use their faith to bash a evo over the head and be out right mean. That, the Bible calls is having a Pharisee spirit. It's where the Christian uses his faith and salvation to look down upon others even up to the point of belittling them. That's not tolerated here either.

A Christian should always be a good representation of Christ.

#8 Guest_Darkness45_*

Guest_Darkness45_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

I was raised as a Christian, became an Agnostic, then an Atheist, and a Christian again. I've experienced some things in my life that compelled me to face the fact that God is real.  I've studied other religions and I'm back at Christianity.

View Post

I've had some similar experiences. I was raised Christian, baptized, confirmed, went to Sunday school and Worship every week, did volunteer work through the Church and all that jazz. I went through a period of agnosticism/atheism, and now I'm agnostic but also like a pendulum swinging towards atheism and Christianity on either side. Slowly Christianity is pulling on top.

Like Ikester said, most of the rules are standard; no cursing, be respectful, don't go around word blocks, things like that. As long as you are sincere, honest, and respectful you should be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users