3 replies to this topic

#1 evolution_false

evolution_false

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:24 PM

ummm i heard there was an experiment that tested to see if a tremendous amount of sound energy (explosion) can create matter. They connected two special tubes, created "explosion" on either side, and it did create small matters.

God "spoke" this world into existence. Guess where the ultimate "sound" came from. I thought that was kewl

#2 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:07 PM

ummm i heard there was an experiment that tested to see if a tremendous amount of sound energy (explosion) can create matter. They connected two special tubes, created "explosion" on either side, and it did create small matters.

God "spoke" this world into existence. Guess where the ultimate "sound" came from. I thought that was kewl

View Post

I cant find the article you are referring to, is there a link?

I googled “sound creates matter” and only found links to such things as pseudoscientific healing in occult forums.
And the biblical references of, God speaks things into existence (creation), you mentioned.

#3 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:13 PM

While searching for the samething, I ran into this site: http://www.lovely.cl...cles_sound.html

I'm not sure what to make of it. But it was an interesting read. I'm still searching, If I come up with anything else I'll add it to this.

Strange, this link seems to support the one above: http://64.233.179.10...ted sound&hl=en

#4 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:44 PM

While searching for the samething, I ran into this site: http://www.lovely.cl...cles_sound.html

I'm not sure what to make of it. But it was an interesting read. I'm still searching, If I come up with anything else I'll add it to this.

Strange, this link seems to support the one above: http://64.233.179.10...ted sound&hl=en

View Post

Thanks for looking, I have read the links you provided

The first link is about crop circles, where in England at least, the hoaxers have come clean. Either the web site is deliberately ignoring this or is just perpetuating additional urban legends.

Nevertheless Sound through the air would not produce such patterns.

Sound through the ground, just might be able to produce some small effect, but defiantly not with the nice clean edges and cut offs we see performed by the hoaxers.

The second link: extract -

Cymatics, the study of wave phenomena, pioneered in the 1950s by the late Swiss scientist, Dr Hans Jenny. Following the work of German physicist and acoustician, Ernst F. F. Chladni, who, towards the end of the 18th century, created intricate sand patterns by vibrating a steel plate with a violin bow, Dr Jenny employed the modern technology of the day to carry out more precisely replicable experiments.

Ok, no problem with this, sound is the manifestation of a physical force in a media (gas, liquid or solid) resonance can be set up in the target by the rhythmic input of sound (best at a single frequency), and a pattern will form.
However the purported healing properties are bogus, and belong in the realm of crystal therapy, and homeopathy and other such scams.

Sound in medicine is currently in the form of the ultra sound (good for viewing internal organs, foetus), and in physiotherapy as a muscle relaxant.

Other uses of sound: ultrasonic cleaners, very effective for cleaning the old mechanical watches and other delicate instruments.

The claims made by evolution_false are something quite altogether different, where the inferences is that sound creates matter (or converts one to the other) from scratch (presumably only in a gas, liquid, or solid environment). How this is supposed to work, I presume, is an intense sound is fed into a glass of water, then, either more water is formed from nothing or some solid materialises in the water, again from nothing. This is nothing short of alchemy and if proven would rock the scientific world to the core, the business implications alone would open new manufacturing techniques.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users